18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Photo thread - Older handguns

Well this is it I'm outta old guns 1986 P226 Tysons Corner Va. Carbon steel stamped slide, my first semi auto Very well used.

View attachment 78953
The era when SIG Sauer produced some of the finest pistols in the world. The West German SIG Sauer Pistols are now the ghost of days gone by. The American Made Classic P Series are just not the same in my opinion. The superior fit, feel, and function of the vintage SIG Sauer is undeniable.
 
The era when SIG Sauer produced some of the finest pistols in the world. The West German SIG Sauer Pistols are now the ghost of days gone by. The American Made Classic P Series are just not the same in my opinion. The superior fit, feel, and function of the vintage SIG Sauer is undeniable.
Carried that one on duty for several years. Can't recall ever having a malfunction. Three sets of night sights later, and it's still punching holes in paper.
 
You all have some awesome chit...... nice thread to share pics
I have sold off at least 2 dozen vintage Colt 1911 pistols over the years that I sometimes wish I’d kept. I still have quite a few that have been massaged by some really great gunsmiths though. I guess keeping so many to myself would have been kinda greedy. I have made some great friends and associates via the Colt Collector Connection and they have hooked me up in kind. Great old guns.
 
When I bought that 226 I knew I should have bought the 220... just too young to understand at the time didn't know any better.😩 I guess I could find one from the 80's if I look hard enough it will happen someday it's been this long and have passed on a few and maybe I should not of but the right one will show up unexpectedly.
 
Last edited:
When I bought that 226 I knew I should have bought the 220... just too young to understand at the time didn't know any better.😩 I guess I could find one from the 80's if I look hard enough it will happen someday it's been this long and have passed on a few and maybe I should not of but the right one will show up unexpectedly.
The German P220’s are the Chefs Kiss of DA/SA .45’s

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Kind Reminder, when uploading, don't put "insert full size" please! Help save us some bandwidth! 😀

Imgur or other photo site and link here is the best!

Thank you!
Apologies, I got way to excited with sharing those photos.
 
1907 Roth Steyr

Internal 10 round magazine. My charger is a steel 3d printed repro, as original ones cost 300-400+ and F- that noise.
 

Attachments

  • 1000009970.jpg
    1000009970.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1000009971.jpg
    1000009971.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1000009972.jpg
    1000009972.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 9
  • 1000009973.jpg
    1000009973.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom