18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Preferred EDC’s

Off Roster Hellcat Pro FDE w/Shield Optic and Light, M&P Shield FDE w/ Holosun Optic and light and M18 FDE w/light. Mostly the Hellcat Pro. Just picked up a M&P 2.0 I wish I could add, but LASD only allows 3.
 
Two P365 XL with Holosun RDSs as EDC and 3rd P365 XL Holosun RDS is practice gun. It is much easier for “muscles memory” to train and carry exact the same guns. All of them off roster.
 
I picked up my CCW last Tuesday. I went through LASD and it took two years. LASD only allows three guns and right now i have the full size Springfield xd9 with red dot and the glock 20. Not ideal for conceal carry but im in bear country a lot so thats why i added that one. I honestly didnt think i would end up getting the ccw so i didnt really have a good option to put on there. I will say though, i see a lot of people on here with 5k plus guns they are carrying and im not sure they are aware that they most likely wont see that gun again in the event of the use of their

I picked up my CCW last Tuesday. I went through LASD and it took two years. LASD only allows three guns and right now i have the full size Springfield xd9 with red dot and the glock 20. Not ideal for conceal carry but im in bear country a lot so thats why i added that one. I honestly didnt think i would end up getting the ccw so i didnt really have a good option to put on there. I will say though, i see a lot of people on here with 5k plus guns they are carrying and im not sure they are aware that they most likely wont see that gun again in the event of the use of their permit.
Some legal defense coverage companies, like Right to Bear (protectwithbear.com), will reimburse or replace the firearm if taken away by law enforcement.
 
Some legal defense coverage companies, like Right to Bear (protectwithbear.com), will reimburse or replace the firearm if taken away by law enforcement.
Good to know 👍🏽🙏🏽
 
I carry a stock g23 40 cal. I tried making the sig jump with a custom p365 but it just feels like a toy.
 
I have two that I carry. my primary is a shield plus 13 round mag on board with a 15 round backup. the gun came optics ready, but I don't use optics, the night sites work fine. during the times where I don't want to carry that I have a LCP max. easily pocketable even with the 12 round mag, overall a great gun to carry when you want a gun but don't want to carry your primary.
I am probably going to get one of those bodyguard 2.0's to replace the max though.
 

Attachments

  • 20241014-204145.jpg
    20241014-204145.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 30
Use whatever you are accurate with! It comes down to. Whatever fits natural in your hands, whatever you can accurately place shots on god forbid it comes to that. The time of the year dictates what you can carry also!

Summer your wearing less clothes so you may have a smaller more compact frame and caliber.

Winter your wearing more clothes so you can carry a larger frame and not print as much.
 
Hellcat RDP with Holosun RDS with Liberty Ultra-light 9mm 50gr +P is my primary. I sometimes carry my Shield 9 or PSA Rock 5.7.
 
Use whatever you are accurate with! It comes down to. Whatever fits natural in your hands, whatever you can accurately place shots on god forbid it comes to that. The time of the year dictates what you can carry also!

Summer your wearing less clothes so you may have a smaller more compact frame and caliber.

Winter your wearing more clothes so you can carry a larger frame and not print as much.
SoCal in shorts I carry my ca (ew) shield 2.0. Also have a non ca 320 compact and a Springfield xd9. I use to have my czsp01 but I might have just carried a brick to throw at someone cause that thing was hefty
 
I'm a 1911 guy, But for Concealed Carry my EDC is a SIG P938 OWB @ 4:00 or a P238 for a Pocket pistol...
 
Currently have 7 on my permit but carry mostly G26 and G19 as my spare mag is a freedom week 17-rnder. I carry an LCP when I just want to throw it in a pocket or a P320 but the G19 is easier and feels less bulky in comparison.
 
Currently a G43, G26, & Shield 1.0. I never carried the Shield and will be changing up my list of 3 firearms in 2025 renewal (LA County only allows 3). Recently purchased a P365 and Shield Plus (for the better trigger), both CA roster versions.

For renewal, I'm debating between:
G43 (has a Holosun 507K)
P365 (CA Roster. Have a EPS Carry ready to mount)
Shield Plus (CA Roster)
G26.3
G19.3
 
Back
Top Bottom