18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

r/GAFS getting banned by Reddit! New Rule 7 effective October 9th.

End of an era. Couple thousand in deals between me and other redditors and was the best source of cheap used gear out there

Yeah pretty bummed about it, it was the first place I went when I was looking for a part. Could post wtb and have someone in an hour for most parts.
What do you guys think our chances based on UX/UI would be compared to infinitearmory.com and tacswap.com?
 
What do you guys think our chances based on UX/UI would be compared to infinitearmory.com and tacswap.com?
I like the ui for your site more.

You will have to advertise heavily on the GAFS discord or try and get in touch with the mods to see if you can get an official endorsement before everyone just auto switches to tacswap. Tacswap was only place i heard of before shutdown

Advertising and word of mouth will be only way to tap into the horde
 
I like the ui for your site more.

You will have to advertise heavily on the GAFS discord or try and get in touch with the mods to see if you can get an official endorsement before everyone just auto switches to tacswap. Tacswap was only place i heard of before shutdown

Advertising and word of mouth will be only way to tap into the horde
We'll do what we can, but the word of mouth has to be spread by the community... Even when I told my friends about this site, it didn't catch on until other people told them. Lol.

Hopefully, I can get enough people to recommend trying out the site so we can get the flywheel of word of mouth spreading.
 
I haven’t signed up for ArmoryHQ because it hasn’t reached a critical mass of users/listings yet to find good deals.

Maybe if there were an automatic way to crosspost unregulated listings between CAguns and ArmoryHQ you could populate the latter marketplace faster so network effects entice more users? @ikeo1
 
I haven’t signed up for ArmoryHQ because it hasn’t reached a critical mass of users/listings yet to find good deals.

Maybe if there were an automatic way to crosspost unregulated listings between CAguns and ArmoryHQ you could populate the latter marketplace faster so network effects entice more users? @ikeo1
Yeah, that's not going to happen..

There is a promising person that's doing it reddit style.. https://realgafs.com is pretty legit once it's built out. There's going to be a lot of potential issues with a single site developer with completely custom code, but I gotta give props when I see it.

He took all the best parts of our sites and simplified it down to a reddit style core. The guy who made this is a talented dev, but it does lag and might have issues scaling and with security, so we'll see where it goes. I wouldn't mind hosting this one for the 2A community
 
Yeah, that's not going to happen..

There is a promising person that's doing it reddit style.. https://realgafs.com is pretty legit once it's built out. There's going to be a lot of potential issues with a single site developer with completely custom code, but I gotta give props when I see it.

He took all the best parts of our sites and simplified it down to a reddit style core. The guy who made this is a talented dev, but it does lag and might have issues scaling and with security, so we'll see where it goes. I wouldn't mind hosting this one for the 2A community
I just signed up. Liking the interface so far!
 
im not getting it, armoryhq has me limited to only 3 ads/listings
It’s the same as here ahh yeah I haven’t put the supporter tiers yet because of lack of traction. It’ll be the same as here if we go this route

Whatever wins. I’m seeing if the dev wants to collab
 
Life is better without REDDIT !
They are a bunch of democrats who protect their own , discussion regardless of how polite or sincere is censored whenever an element that could influence a normal person is posted .

I quit them and will not use any searches that reference a Reddit user .
I think it's just moneyed interests. The rich and powerful, from either party, would truly rather have you disarmed and weak. It's just a thing they use to divide Left from Right, instead of ultra rich from everybody else. Instead of punching sideways, we should be taxing idiots like Thiel into oblivion.
 
ArmoryHQ does not work with crowds of GAFS. They ain't going to like the Pay to Win model where you pay up to get your ads featured and unrestricted amount of ads, and so forth.
and threadcrapping needs to be allowed.
 
ArmoryHQ does not work with crowds of GAFS. They ain't going to like the Pay to Win model where you pay up to get your ads featured and unrestricted amount of ads, and so forth.
and threadcrapping needs to be allowed.
You didn’t pay. That’s only one feature, you pay for ad removal and more listings.

Keep in mind this is why Reddit has the power to ban the sub reddit. Any free service needs to be paid for. These bills are not cheap and continue to grow. As the size grows so does the bill and maintenance costs. Reddit pays for it with guess what, ads. At least these would come from the community and people with similar interests.

One reason I offer this with a freemium model is that I have the expertise to scale the systems up and keep them reliably up and performant. I’m also good with telemetry and bottleneck isolation. With 2A on a 💩 list and being taken down, new services need to spin up. What you might not realize is that the host pays for the bandwidth. You pay for unlimited internet but the host gets charged for it when they serve to you.

That’s how it goes. Some of us will take the risk financially and time wise to answer the call. Not everyone is going to be successful but we all try.

Whoever thinks they’ll spin up a service that uses expensive resources like compute network and storage with tens of thousands of users for free without some sort of revenue model is destined to fail.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, that's not going to happen..

There is a promising person that's doing it reddit style.. https://realgafs.com is pretty legit once it's built out. There's going to be a lot of potential issues with a single site developer with completely custom code, but I gotta give props when I see it.

He took all the best parts of our sites and simplified it down to a reddit style core. The guy who made this is a talented dev, but it does lag and might have issues scaling and with security, so we'll see where it goes. I wouldn't mind hosting this one for the 2A community
Mods just announced they trynna make their own GAFS website.

They are currently looking to pay for a ux designer for it
 
Mods just announced they trynna make their own GAFS website.

They are currently looking to pay for a ux designer for it
Now it opens up to competition… free market will prevail.. they have a lot of scammers so it’ll be interesting to see.

It looks like they'll be using discourse...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom