18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Report (Narc) on a Flaker/Ghoster

I think as the moderator, you should stay out of it and not get in the middle of a dispute between buyers and sellers. This isn’t eBay. I think you should consider a review process similar to OfferUp. When a seller marks an item as sold, an instant request for a review pops up, allowing the buyer and seller to leave a star rating. That would be a much better way to handle these situations and give users a way to hold each other accountable. If the item doesn’t sell because of lack of communication , or a no-show, maybe the same rating system can be applied. This could be accessed if the seller or buyer chooses “ sold pending funds” before the meet up. If it doesn’t work out, then the seller or buyer will unselect SPF, the same rating system will pop up asking as to why it didn’t work out. Both the seller and the buyer can say the good, bad, and the ugly if they choose to. Just my $.02.
I like it, but I don't see a way for those to work on an ad with multiple items. Of course, I haven't finished my coffee yet, so I'm probably not seeing the forest for the trees.
 
I'm particularly sensitive to the "ghosting" issue. Many people nowadays seem to embrace this style of communication. I don't dig it, and I choose not to do business with these folks. Giving them their own badge would help the rest of us decide how we're going to deal with them.
I like this idea
 
I like it, but I don't see a way for those to work on an ad with multiple items. Of course, I haven't finished my coffee yet, so I'm probably not seeing the forest for the trees.
On eBay and other similar sites, the transaction happens in house so this review system can be done with the transaction. There are no transactions happening through this site to initiate the review. That sounds to me like it would require a complete rebuild of the classified. It may even run into legal issues where transactions would “appear” to be happening through this site like GunBroker etc.
 
On eBay and other similar sites, the transaction happens in house so this review system can be done with the transaction. There are no transactions happening through this site to initiate the review. That sounds to me like it would require a complete rebuild of the classified. It may even run into legal issues where transactions would “appear” to be happening through this site like GunBroker etc.

I agree. This is why I suggest a system similar to OfferUp. I believe they do not get in the middle of disputes because all transactions occur outside the site. Just spitballing here.

I think my new friend, that I caught last night, would love to leave me a negative review before he goes into my morning omelette.

IMG_8340.webp
 
Last edited:
I agree. This is why I suggest a system similar to OfferUp. I believe they do not get in the middle of disputes because all transactions occur outside the site. Just spitballing here.

I think my new friend, that I caught last night would love to leave me a negative review before he goes into my morning omelette.

View attachment 261864
My wife and i were not tracking the season opening and we left our nets at home when we went to SD for the weekend. There's not much room to keep them in our place down there, but they'll be coming back with us in two weeks though. Fingers crossed, haha.
 
Back
Top Bottom