18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

RIP $1,500 Glock 43x

That's why I was trying to tell you off roster hurts but it doesn't have to be as bad as jumping at the first insane listing.

I got my new Staccato XC for $6k (Yes a lot of money)...but people are asking that for bare XC. Mine came with a bunch of stuff...6-8 mags (can't remember exact amount), X300T ,SRO, Atlas Trigger, Extra stippled grip by DSP, Extra Springs, Multiple optics plates, Two Gcode holster setups, etc.

All my purchases look like this, I try and be as smart as possible while understanding you're still going to have to pay to play.
I’d never overpay for a cheap gun like a Glock when there’s far superior models readily available. I made out like a bandit on my gen 4 G19 to some Glock fanboy. Triple profit 🤑🤑
 
I’d never overpay for a cheap gun like a Glock when there’s far superior models readily available. I made out like a bandit on my gen 4 G19 to some Glock fanboy. Triple profit 🤑🤑

Honestly wasn't even looking for one but when I was able to get it for $900 I said F- it might as well.

I'm an Echelon guy which have been my work guns since they released in free states. I over paid for those a bit but I needed them by a certain time and its was near the 4.5 and then 4.0 release.
 
I sure hope so. The market is dictated by what people are willing to pay. I'm okay with marking an offlist pistol up 1-2 hundred dollars. I get it. Capitalism. I believe these forums should be people coming together that are like minded. A sort of brotherhood. We shouldn't gouge each other.

I like your spirit there @Calibreeze, but having been on Calguns for 14yrs, I can say for certain "We gouge each other". Lol
 
Last edited:
I still pay off roster pricing for my guns if they are for serious use to avoid the “safety” features. Having them personally fail on me once before was enough for my lifetime.
Yeah, I think the "new" roster versions don't even have a Modular Optic System, let alone an accessory rail. People are most likely going to have to buy a whole separate slide or just get the off-roster versions.
 
Yeah, I think the "new" roster versions don't even have a Modular Optic System, let alone an accessory rail. People are most likely going to have to buy a whole separate slide or just get the off-roster versions.
Or move onto better guns… I just don’t comprehend the desperation to have such a C tier gun
 
It’s an issue for a handful of reasons:
Issue 1:
On the P226/P229 it’s well documented the MD can fail and cause catastrophic failure when it does. You can replace the locking block with a $70 part or just remove it. This doesn’t mean every gun that has an MD will fail, but any time you put extra parts in a mechanical system you are adding more points of failure, and these parts serve no purpose to me.

Issue 2:
The LCI on the P226. I have a Cali P226 and I thought about getting the optic cut slide, but because my barrel is notched for an LCI if I bought the optic slide there would be a gap where gasses would escape and coat my optic. So I would also have to buy a non LCI barrel. I ended up abandoning the idea because it would have cost too much to buy all of that. Again LCI not needed, I know how press check.

Issue 3:
When you compete, at the end of the stage the instructions are “slide, trigger, holster” meaning, close the chamber and pull the trigger and then holster the gun. If you have a MD you have to insert an empty magazine to make the gun go click, so now you have an extra step. Some guns (p226) it’s really easy to remove the MD, some guns (PDP) it’s not as easy. The P365 if you are not careful removing the MD you have to have the FCU completely rebuilt.

Like the other guy said, you get to pick what you spend your money on as do we, but here are some reasons I personally try to avoid MDs/LCIs and would pay a bit extra for the off roster version.
If you buy an rmr HD and slap it on a slide, it typically hangs over the LCI and will not get gasses on the optic.
-m&p 2.0
 
Yeah, I think the "new" roster versions don't even have a Modular Optic System, let alone an accessory rail. People are most likely going to have to buy a whole separate slide or just get the off-roster versions.
I think it is to early to say as pictures are not available for the Cali models
 
Yeah, I think the "new" roster versions don't even have a Modular Optic System, let alone an accessory rail. People are most likely going to have to buy a whole separate slide or just get the off-roster versions.

Buy a new slide?! Wager Machine Works entered the chat. Lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom