18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

RIP $1,500 Glock 43x

Seems to be just a placeholder image for now, I don't see the LCI if they're planning on adding it to the top of the slide.
The Gen3- Gen5 already have an LCI on the extractor, a very small barely noticeable bump. I wounder if on the California 43X Glocks' extractor LCI bump will be much bigger, painted red, and the "Loaded when up" banner painted on the slide with an arrow pointing at the larger LCI? This would be the easiest way, and possibly the most economical way for Glock to deal with the California LCI law. It would just require the design of a larger extractor and adding the "Loaded when up" banner on the side of the slide. My thoughts...
 
Meh. I'd rather buy new and have a brand new gun with no hassle than wait like that for a gun I really wanted. The 11% tax isn't enough to sway me on such a cheap gun

Not the 11% tax on a $550 gun !

Seriously though another $60 isn't enough for me to wait a few months either. That's literally dinner for one person at a decent restaurant now.

I'm very curious about the P10C and hoping for the ported version as well. It's one of the most under appreciated guns of the category.
 
Not the 11% tax on a $550 gun !

Seriously though another $60 isn't enough for me to wait a few months either. That's literally dinner for one person at a decent restaurant now.

I'm very curious about the P10C and hoping for the ported version as well. It's one of the most under appreciated guns of the category.
Do we know it’s going to be $550? I’m guessing Glock has money on their mind and has seen the classifieds :D
 
Mcx camp pendleton had p365 for i think 549 with 3 mags. I don't really buy new guns from stores, but is that tacked on price or normal?
Seemed like normal pricing. I went to MCAS Miramar and flipped through their book of options. Most things seemed a little high, but IDK. I DO know however, that if you shop AAFES online, they run promotions where you'll get an additional like 10% off if you use your Star card. 😁
 
Buy new at your nearest military exchange. Forget them taxes.

Of course it only applies to active duty, reservists, and Veterans.
I don’t remember the exchange even selling guns or they weren’t price competitive. And regular veterans can’t go on base only retired or I guess if you have VA rating
 
The Gen3- Gen5 already have an LCI on the extractor, a very small barely noticeable bump. I wounder if on the California 43X Glocks' extractor LCI bump will be much bigger, painted red, and the "Loaded when up" banner painted on the slide with an arrow pointing at the larger LCI? This would be the easiest way, and possibly the most economical way for Glock to deal with the California LCI law. It would just require the design of a larger extractor and adding the "Loaded when up" banner on the side of the slide. My thoughts...
Could be possible, depending on how pissy the CADOJ is feeling about it. I know they made Kimber send back the 2K11's with the current LCI design because...it wasn't painted red? 🤦 They seem real picky about different manufacturers doing their own thing, which is weird af.
 
I don’t remember the exchange even selling guns or they weren’t price competitive. And regular veterans can’t go on base only retired or I guess if you have VA rating
Only takes a VA rating of 0%. Navy bases don't have a gun counter. Marine Corps bases do. Unsure about others, but...

 
How 1k? $550 plus 18.75% sales and excise tax comes out to $653.13. That’s assuming they cost more than the regular 43X MOS model which currently sells for $499 all day regular price big box stores.

This standard MOS model with rail is going for about $431.


I will wait for your creative accounting to get to 1k from $430ishmy son lives in Washington state and they’re going for 529 up there for the 43X and gen 6 are going for 569

My son lives in Washington state 43 x are going for 529 and the Gen 6 are going for 589 since the CZ p10 c is here I need to look into shooting one at my local range when they get one.
 
So we get back to any tax savings being eaten up by distance and price lol
IDK. If it were me, I'd keep an eye on the AAFES site, wait for that 10+% Star Card offer, then maybe pull the trigger. I did notice that anything that seemed priced a noticeable amount higher than local LGSs was because they were "dealer exclusive" versions. Think American Flag PC Carbine. Bearing that in mind, prices were pretty much spot on.
 
IDK. If it were me, I'd keep an eye on the AAFES site, wait for that 10+% Star Card offer, then maybe pull the trigger. I did notice that anything that seemed priced a noticeable amount higher than local LGSs was because they were "dealer exclusive" versions. Think American Flag PC Carbine. Bearing that in mind, prices were pretty much spot on.
yeah I have that intro offer because my new STAR card has never been used lol. idk if firearms are exempt
 
I don’t blame the folks for selling them as high as they were doing.. it was a supply/demand thing. But it sure will be nice to be able to buy Glocks for $600 again.
I wonder if they’ll actually be 600 plus tax
I suspect they still won’t go that low. For starters, we’re not paying the added taxes on a PPT sell. And I suspect the new 43X is gonna be more than $600 on the shelf at least for a good while. Combine that with the added taxes and it’s still a pretty expensive pistol.

Also consider considering a PPT one won’t have the added BS on it. They’re still gonna be a market for that. But I do think it’s gonna bring them into check a little. My guess is 800-900 ppt off roster 43x will be to go2 price to move them.

Time will tell for sure. Hopefully it all works out.
 
IDK. If it were me, I'd keep an eye on the AAFES site, wait for that 10+% Star Card offer, then maybe pull the trigger. I did notice that anything that seemed priced a noticeable amount higher than local LGSs was because they were "dealer exclusive" versions. Think American Flag PC Carbine. Bearing that in mind, prices were pretty much spot on.
Beale sells guns it looks like but no CA model? https://www.shopmyexchange.com/browse?query=Walther pdp
 
Back
Top Bottom