18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Save the date: Oct. 23, new roster pistol coming!

It's time to stop all this bandwidth wasting prattle & concentrate on when the FN502 will hit the roster.
 
@Route66ShootingSportsPark , I was surprised to see the C3.6 hit the roster first. Any word on if/when the HD4.5 is coming?
 
Might as well close this thread
humor situation GIF by BestTech
 
So WTF Is the gun that’s coming out? I’m not reading through 26 pages and OP is too lazy to update his original post….

TERRIBLE MARKETING.

BOO this man!
R66 was doing us a solid. He has been at the forefront giving us hints of upcoming releases. R66 could hardly be categorized as lazy.

You should read the 26 pages, as it was fun entertainment.

And yes it was the Staccato 3.6 after all. He got stiffled by Staccato mentioning it earlier and the state adding it at a different time than originally expected.
 
R66 was doing us a solid. He has been at the forefront giving us hints of upcoming releases. R66 could hardly be categorized as lazy.

Well he definitely has a following, I’ll give him that. All he has to do is say, “Hey, look at me! I’m at SIG HQ and they gave me a glass of wine and a name tag!” and people start doing backflips. I was never on Reddit, so I guess I don’t appreciate the value in those kind of posts. But what was the solid here? A 26-page guessing game? Did he used to give more actual information out on Reddit? Don’t get me wrong, his brand of self-promotion definitely works. I guess I’m just failing to recognize the usefulness of this sort of thing.
 
If nothing else there is value in warning someone on the fence about a purchase that there is another option coming soon. That's a very expensive buyer's remorse that can be avoided.
 
Well he definitely has a following, I’ll give him that. All he has to do is say, “Hey, look at me! I’m at SIG HQ and they gave me a glass of wine and a name tag!” and people start doing backflips. I was never on Reddit, so I guess I don’t appreciate the value in those kind of posts. But what was the solid here? A 26-page guessing game? Did he used to give more actual information out on Reddit? Don’t get me wrong, his brand of self-promotion definitely works. I guess I’m just failing to recognize the usefulness of this sort of thing.
I see the usefulness. It was a source of entertainment for a few weeks. I enjoyed hearing what other people guessed.

I enjoyed hearing someone that has a lot of information from the industry, give insight to what's possibly the pipeline from multiple companies for the California market.

After a sad decade of nothing new, it is fun reading any material about new options.
 
Well he definitely has a following, I’ll give him that. All he has to do is say, “Hey, look at me! I’m at SIG HQ and they gave me a glass of wine and a name tag!” and people start doing backflips. I was never on Reddit, so I guess I don’t appreciate the value in those kind of posts. But what was the solid here? A 26-page guessing game? Did he used to give more actual information out on Reddit? Don’t get me wrong, his brand of self-promotion definitely works. I guess I’m just failing to recognize the usefulness of this sort of thing.
I think that was what I was trying to figure out what to say. I appreciate having someone around here that has this type of inside information, but these type of posts, especially at the end, had me wondering what the point of it all was. Like the Sig HQ post. I thought that was neat but... OK, now what? Just tell me the time, not build me a clock.

He mentioned in the other post about negativity. My comments are not meant to be negative, just trying to figure out what the point is because I obviously missed it. Just tell me so I can move on.
 
I definitely appreciate any inside info as to what may be coming in the near future. It helps me budget and plan, haha.

However, this announcement was probably one of the most anticlimactic ones I've seen in a while. I was so excited hoping to see something new to market, not just more of the same from Staccato.

Also, I'll never get excited about any pistol over $2000.
 
Admittedly, I was hoping for something in the $400-$1200 range as well.

But on day 1, once he said hammer fired, most of us had a feeling it was going to be a $2k+ gun. Probably a new staccato.
 
Back
Top Bottom