- Messages
- 83
Funny how one letter changed everything, huh?LMFAO. You might want look up the meaning of the words you use so you dont face plant everytime you attempt to insult someone.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Funny how one letter changed everything, huh?LMFAO. You might want look up the meaning of the words you use so you dont face plant everytime you attempt to insult someone.
I do. I've got a post over on the intro thread for details.Im guessing you work for Staccato?
The wording on the website is actually referring to the magazine release button itself, not the disconnect safety feature. On the non-CA-compliant HD's, the mag release can be switched to run right or left handed. On the CA-specific P4, the mag release is currently right-hand only. But we are actively working on a left-hand version.First of all, big props to bringing the gun to the CA market.
I noticed on the website it says:
Does this mean there really is no way to remove the mag disconnect and that it's integral to something, or is this more of a legal disclaimer needed to appease the CADOJ?
All CA guns will be Preferred Package. DLC barrel, Trijicon front sight.What package are we getting for $2699, the standard or preferred
We are definitely looking at other CA-compliant models in the future.please add this HD XC to the roster too lol
Ive never seen anyone so rustled that a high quality pistol was added to the roster. Sheesh.
Theyre easily better than pretty much everything we can get here.Staccatos aren't that high of quality. They're good. Probably $1500 worth of good. But "tactical" 2011s are the current hotness, so people are willing to pay silly prices for them.
Atlas?Theyre easily better than pretty much everything we can get here.
I really thought “pretty much everything we can get here” covered it well enough but apparently not.Atlas?
How many cases of “issues” are there?I really thought “pretty much everything we can get here” covered it well enough but apparently not.
Also, I dont think the questionable legality of “single shot exemption” with the Atlas/Platypus etc is really comparable to legitimately rostered offerings. Some will have no issues with that, some could have severe issues with it.
The wording on the website is actually referring to the magazine release button itself, not the disconnect safety feature. On the non-CA-compliant HD's, the mag release can be switched to run right or left handed. On the CA-specific P4, the mag release is currently right-hand only. But we are actively working on a left-hand version.
The disconnect safety cannot be removed, as far as I'm aware.
Likely none Id imagine, but as with a lot of things some folks wont want to risk it. To go back to the original point, its pretty goofy to compare a ~$2500 gun to a~$5800+ one in the Atlas. No one said theyre the best things made, I said they were better than basically anything available here.How many cases of “issues” are there?
They aren’t though, you can get better with SSE/PPT.Likely none Id imagine, but as with a lot of things some folks wont want to risk it. To go back to the original point, its pretty goofy to compare a ~$2500 gun to a~$5800+ one in the Atlas. No one said theyre the best things made, I said they were better than basically anything available here.
Not the same and not in the same price range. Also, its a subjective opinion. We’ll agree to disagree.They aren’t though, you can get better with SSE/PPT.
No, you said “easily better than anything we can get” which is technically subjective but also false lol. Agree to agreeNot the same and not in the same price range. Also, its a subjective opinion. We’ll agree to disagree.
Depends on IA, most don’t care if it’s on the roster or not. My IA didn’t even check my pistols. Carrying a platypus would be a PIA but total chad move lolNot to interject in your conversation, but I plan to get one for my ccw. I could get an SSE platypus instead, but I don't want to deal with the pawnshop trick or whatever on a gun I'm gonna put on my permit. I own many SSE guns, but I don't personally feel comfortable with having to go through legal shenanigans for my carry gun.
you said “anything we can get here”… even if we exclude SSE, what about PPT? I’m the ignorant one lol.It’s not just a matter of on the roster or off the roster. You took a “SSE” and modified it to be semi-auto. That is a gray area at best and illegal at worst. Hence my point you keep ignorantly trying to argue with.
Do you lick windows? You keep conveniently leaving out the “pretty much” part. There are very few off roster for PPT of the same $ that are better, and again that is subjective. Off the top of my head Id take a CZ S2C over the HD though.you said “anything we can get here”… even if we exclude SSE, what about PPT? I’m the ignorant one lol.
Sometimes.Do you lick windows? You keep conveniently leaving out the “pretty much” part. There are very few off roster for PPT of the same $ that are better, and again that is subjective. Off the top of my head Id take a CZ S2C over the HD though.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!