18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Answered Fixed "Think Twice" label

Reported issue is resolved
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the think twice label and have been a member since almost the start as well as having many items sold and bought in the classified and tons of positive feedback
Pgarne, totally agree - you have 15 positive ratings and get a 'think twice' rating? I thought I was bad with 5 positive ratings and 'think twice'...

pity - the guys behind this site (and I really only know of 'ikeo1') are doing an otherwise great job.
 
It certainly looks a little alarming at first glance, but I'm guessing the vast majority of registered users have that tag which makes it seem a lot less concerning and/or useful at the same time.
 
It certainly looks a little alarming at first glance, but I'm guessing the vast majority of registered users have that tag which makes it seem a lot less concerning and/or useful at the same time.
or maybe if the vast majority has it, it make it useless?
 
Pgarne, totally agree - you have 15 positive ratings and get a 'think twice' rating? I thought I was bad with 5 positive ratings and 'think twice'...

pity - the guys behind this site (and I really only know of 'ikeo1') are doing an otherwise great job.
Or you can look at out like he bought and sold quite a bit for free. The end user can see that, but to make it easier they can upgrade some badges.

Server costs are not going down and I can only give so much for free and develop the site while you guys buy/sell your gear and sad it’s $10-25 to reduce scams and/or participate with people.

I try to make reasonable calls and compromise as the site continues to grow. We have to make adjustments because noobs keep getting scammed. Making sure they don’t get scammed is worth it IMHO. A seller only has to pay $10-60 depending on what they get and it’s completely optional, or you can just participate. One person scammed is in the hundreds.
 
Last edited:
Or you can look at out like he bought and sold quite a bit for free. The end user can see that, but to make it easier they can upgrade some badges.

Server costs are not going down and I can only give so much for free and develop the site while you guys buy/sell your gear and sad it’s $10-25 to reduce scams and/or participate with people.

I try to make reasonable calls and compromise as the site continues to grow. We have to make adjustments because noobs keep getting scammed. Making sure they don’t get scammed is worth it IMHO. A seller only has to pay $10-60 depending on what they get and it’s completely optional, you can just participate. One person scammed is in the hundreds.
yeah, I get that angle too, now. upgrading...
 
We had to adjust the number of posts because the site growth is accelerating.
Then wouldn't it make more sense to let those who have been here since early on maintain the status that they have already built.
And keep the adjustments for newcomers.
 
Then wouldn't it make more sense to let those who have been here since early on maintain the status that they have already built.
And keep the adjustments for newcomers.
Wish I could do that, but doesn’t work that way. It’ll stay this way though. Next we’ll add tiers above.
 
There we go.. everyone should be fixed. Thanks for reporting. You've also received a bug bounty badge.
I’m still stuck with the new member m, and think twice.. I’ve sold quite a few guns through here though
 
I think it’s a bad looking label. I think if you’ve received positive feedback from sold items this label should be removed. It’ll turn away new folks to the platform.
 
I think it’s a bad looking label. I think if you’ve received positive feedback from sold items this label should be removed. It’ll turn away new folks to the platform.
Then people would just create fake feedback, that puts more work on us. Ironically, we've seen the signup rate increase since we've put it in because people know we're looking out for them not to get scammed. It's actually the OPPOSITE of what you're saying.

Thought experiment: Please think about processes as this site grows we've had nearly 3000 signups in the past month. If all you had to do was create feedback, what do you think would happen to ads and feedback? Feedback that gets manually approved by mods.

If you've bought/sold, then you likely saved & made money. Getting verified with a badge should be a very minimal cost which you can pass on to the buyer/seller AND help the site that doesn't require any commission or payment. The only thing you have to deal with is a label that you have a couple of ways to remove or just meet up FTF. You have several choices. You also get a badge(s) AND more features, saved searches more images etc. It's not just the removal, its a show that you care about your reputation here or you build it on your own in the forum, which is standard. Check texasguntalk dot com.
 
Last edited:
I get the purpose, when I first saw it though it reads like a warning to everyone whenever they interact with them, regardless of what type nature of communication is. Which I suppose is the point since it creates some protection when buying/selling it just doesn't "feel" good lol.

Maybe change it to a "Lurker" tag or something like that, until they reach 25 posts? Unless the intent is to alarm, in which case it's working...
 
Maybe change it to a "Lurker" tag or something like that, until they reach 25 posts? Unless the intent is to alarm, in which case it's working...
The evolution of the label

New Member
⚠️ New Member ⚠️
⚠️ New Member | Think twice ☢️

If it went to:

Lurker

yes, it is meant to get people to think twice about new accounts. I even put highlights on Deposits, one way payments etc. I’m not going to accept, just let them learn the hard way for new users here. It’s a lot of money for buyers and relatively little OR none to sellers. It makes the board more active which people complain about or helps the site and also helps weed out some people. If you meet in person, it’s not a big deal.
 
25 posts is pretty standard across most forums. Most forums you can't even post in the marketplace section until you get a certain amount of posts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom