- Messages
- 242
- Classified ads
- 3
A little time in a cold pool?I'm wondering how I dropped from " well-known member" to just "member"
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
A little time in a cold pool?I'm wondering how I dropped from " well-known member" to just "member"
Pgarne, totally agree - you have 15 positive ratings and get a 'think twice' rating? I thought I was bad with 5 positive ratings and 'think twice'...I also have the think twice label and have been a member since almost the start as well as having many items sold and bought in the classified and tons of positive feedback
or maybe if the vast majority has it, it make it useless?It certainly looks a little alarming at first glance, but I'm guessing the vast majority of registered users have that tag which makes it seem a lot less concerning and/or useful at the same time.
Or you can look at out like he bought and sold quite a bit for free. The end user can see that, but to make it easier they can upgrade some badges.Pgarne, totally agree - you have 15 positive ratings and get a 'think twice' rating? I thought I was bad with 5 positive ratings and 'think twice'...
pity - the guys behind this site (and I really only know of 'ikeo1') are doing an otherwise great job.
We had to adjust the number of posts because the site growth is accelerating.I'm wondering how I dropped from " well-known member" to just "member"
yeah, I get that angle too, now. upgrading...Or you can look at out like he bought and sold quite a bit for free. The end user can see that, but to make it easier they can upgrade some badges.
Server costs are not going down and I can only give so much for free and develop the site while you guys buy/sell your gear and sad it’s $10-25 to reduce scams and/or participate with people.
I try to make reasonable calls and compromise as the site continues to grow. We have to make adjustments because noobs keep getting scammed. Making sure they don’t get scammed is worth it IMHO. A seller only has to pay $10-60 depending on what they get and it’s completely optional, you can just participate. One person scammed is in the hundreds.
Then wouldn't it make more sense to let those who have been here since early on maintain the status that they have already built.We had to adjust the number of posts because the site growth is accelerating.
Wish I could do that, but doesn’t work that way. It’ll stay this way though. Next we’ll add tiers above.Then wouldn't it make more sense to let those who have been here since early on maintain the status that they have already built.
And keep the adjustments for newcomers.
I’m still stuck with the new member m, and think twice.. I’ve sold quite a few guns through here thoughThere we go.. everyone should be fixed. Thanks for reporting. You've also received a bug bounty badge.
Same here. Bought/sold a few myself and have been on the platform for a year, possibly two years.I’m still stuck with the new member m, and think twice.. I’ve sold quite a few guns through here though
Then people would just create fake feedback, that puts more work on us. Ironically, we've seen the signup rate increase since we've put it in because people know we're looking out for them not to get scammed. It's actually the OPPOSITE of what you're saying.I think it’s a bad looking label. I think if you’ve received positive feedback from sold items this label should be removed. It’ll turn away new folks to the platform.
The evolution of the labelMaybe change it to a "Lurker" tag or something like that, until they reach 25 posts? Unless the intent is to alarm, in which case it's working...
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!