18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Answered Fixed "Think Twice" label

Reported issue is resolved
Status
Not open for further replies.
what I usually do on the buy leave my email for them to contact me on my phone and then strike up some conversations other than where we’re going to meet for the private party transfer basically just gun chat reloading or whatever and you get a feel for the person pretty good that way
 
You're right you never know if someone is going to be a flake. But status and feedback help to mitigate that.

And I agree with you about buyers traveling then waiting 10 days and traveling again sucks. Thats why most buyers will only travel based on status and feedback of the seller.
While I do look at that, I also message and text and ask for extra pics (if im buying) and call them on the phone (if selling). If I feel anything off ill usually just cancel the sale.
 
what I usually do on the buy leave my email for them to contact me on my phone and then strike up some conversations other than where we’re going to meet for the private party transfer basically just gun chat reloading or whatever and you get a feel for the person pretty good that way
Any way you feel comfortable vetting the person is A-ok. Just because they're a new user doesnt mean they're bad or untrustworthy. Just remember when you were new. Now, you're established. Soon the new members will be too. But everyone has to start somewhere and I think @ikeo1 is doing his best to help us differentiate between to users and verified users.
 
most of the time it’s pretty easy to tell what’s going on from a conversation when the gun is a
Colt or Dan Wesson or other vintage stuff because you really get a feel for the love of the beauty of these pieces and why they’re getting rid of them or because they need money or they want to get more Colts.😃 seems like you can learn a lot just from conversation about the piece itself whether or not they’re serious about it
 
most of the time it’s pretty easy to tell what’s going on from a conversation when the gun is a
Colt or Dan Wesson or other vintage stuff because you really get a feel for the love of the beauty of these pieces and why they’re getting rid of them or because they need money or they want to get more Colts.😃 seems like you can learn a lot just from conversation about the piece itself whether or not they’re serious about it
I met someone here that had a Walther pk380 for sale (I had been looking for the pd380) he reached out but was very vague on meeting and price. I kept offering to meet at his ffl and he kept going off on weird tangents. Safe to say I did not go through with that purchase. I have a feeling he didnt even have it.
 
It is a sign of the times... Everyone and everything needs to be labeled... no more common sense or think rationally for yourselves. I give this a thumbs down
 
There are some out there that agree to price or ffl location and then change their mind.I had 1 do that .He thought it over and decided he needed more $ because he had installed Crimson trace grips, and he wasn’t thinking when he said the price he was losing money on the deal then the FFL was too far after he would agree to it in the first place,that one fell through. And then there’s some that are stubborn and won’t meet halfway, even though the buyer has to make the trip twice.
sometimes it’s just not in the cards for the deal to take place. I had one seller I asked to meet halfway and he posted back to me with “NOPE”.🤣
 
Why get so upset, it’s two words. Those words aren’t going to stop a sale or purchase. Send a message. Be a real person and not a bot/scammer. Easy Peasy
 
Why get so upset, it’s two words. Those words aren’t going to stop a sale or purchase. Send a message. Be a real person and not a bot/scammer. Easy Peasy
There are one-word labels that are far worse. I don't agree with the "think twice" label. It's a stern warning, practically a threat.

I think the "New Member" label is enough, and it's appropriately neutral.
 
I still like the post where the member posted the
Phil Collins song “Think twice”.Such a goog song.
It made me 😝
 
I met someone here that had a Walther pk380 for sale (I had been looking for the pd380) he reached out but was very vague on meeting and price. I kept offering to meet at his ffl and he kept going off on weird tangents. Safe to say I did not go through with that purchase. I have a feeling he didnt even have it.
Yes, this is kind of information that can change the tenor of a potential sale very quickly. :D
 
It does limit sales. But who wants to drive an hour to meet someone and get flaked on. Thats why I will only travel for members with high status and positive feedback.
Makes perfect sense to me. Put the burden on the person with little history and no feedback. I would do the same! This is especially true if I find their comms to be flaky/low-effort too. :)
 
There are one-word labels that are far worse. I don't agree with the "think twice" label. It's a stern warning, practically a threat.

I think the "New Member" label is enough, and it's appropriately neutral.
It is neutral and why many people got scammed. The whole point is a stern warning and it’s proving effective.
 
It is neutral and why many people got scammed. The whole point is a stern warning and it’s proving effective.
But you're branding people (accounts) with that. I think that's where the objection lies.

Gullible buyers won't be saved with a "Think Twice" message, but it is a difficult label for honest sellers.

At the end of the day, the most gullible people will always get scammed by bad actors. This really is a "caveat emptor" situation, or "buyer beware". That's on the buyer or seller, and shouldn't be offloaded to new-user labels.

Maybe a few articles about smart buying and selling would be good, but I think the site already has those. I could contribute if you would find it helpful.
 
Last edited:
It is a sign of the times... Everyone and everything needs to be labeled... no more common sense or think rationally for yourselves. I give this a thumbs down
it’s also a sign of the times to have a lot of whiners, when it’s easy to override. It’s not hard for people who intend to be here long term. We’re coming up on year 2. Some people like yourself won’t like it, but I’m sure you’ll be fine. I’m looking out for the new people, because I expect another 70,000 people to sign up in the next 2-3 years, 20-30k this year, we’re on track for 30k.
 
My objection stems from the fact that it looks like the "website" or moderators have assessed your usage of the forum and have evaluated that you are sketchy...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom