18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Announcement Vote on the Election here!

Who will win?

  • Donald Trump

    Votes: 101 69.2%
  • Kamala Harris

    Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Third Party FTW!

    Votes: 7 4.8%

  • Total voters
    146
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will get different answers based on age group.

For most anyone that was a teen/young adult up to mid 30s in the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s (before Gray Davis) California was heaven. They are apt to be much more disillusioned, disgusted, even disturbed, by what California has since become, on so many levels.

That's especially true for these past several years since Newsom has been in office as of 2019, but hints of his ensuing plague even started while he was Lt. Governor under Brown.

The exponential decline really accelerated into hyper-speed once he took over.

---

Yep. California used to be a paradise. So many areas that used to be so beautiful have become disgusting and trash-ridden, roadways littered with garbage, overcrowding everywhere with most of the wildlife biodiversity now gone, and what's left is getting burnt up in the fires or flushed out to sea year after year. Things have changed so, so dramatically in the last 30-40+ years the state isn't even recognizable anymore. Being from California used to be so cool, it was a badge of honor. Now it's almost embarassing to admit.
 
If Trump does indeed pull this off, I'm gonna smoke a real genuine Cuban Cohiba tonight that I bought in London many years ago. If not then, it goes back into my humidifier, save for another day.
 
If Trump does indeed pull this off, I'm gonna smoke a real genuine Cuban Cohiba tonight that I bought in London many years ago. If not then, it goes back into my humidifier, save for another day.

I'm right there with you. I was lucky enough to grab a box of OpusX Robustos in Basel, Switzerland last year that I've been saving/curing for a special occasion. Let's cross our fingers and say a prayer that this is our night to break these badboys out.
 
I love Idaho especially the Panhandle, but I never wintered over...It's lock yourself out of the car and die cold, PAX

I'm looking at some of the more temperate areas where there isn't constant near-zero or sub-zero cold in the winters. Worst case scenario, I'll split my time between here and there. We'll spend the worst of the winter out here, and 8 months out of the year there.

If I had my druthers, I move to Wyoming but the wife exercised her seldom-used veto power on that one.
 
Will they project a winner tonight or do they have truck loads of ballots to hand count?
Realistically, we might not know for certain for days. It might get "called" by one side or the other by midnight only to wake to bedlam and chaos the next morning because it flipped as they finalized the count.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, bros....
 
I'll never understand why people think California is so bad. It has bad parts, but I wouldn't live in another state. It's not really that bad, it only got worse after prop 47 before that though, not sure what the hate is all about.
My kind friend, if I remember correctly, you are somewhat relatively new to firearm ownership (not your entire adult life)?
If you haven’t experienced a long time (several decades, as many of us here have) of being continually assaulted, ostracized, marginalized, ridiculed, slandered, and subjected to all means of hate by various government entities, you may not yet fully appreciate the gravity of the situation that many of us feel. THAT is yet one (of several)reason(s) that many feel the hate that burns deep inside us, because we have been made to feel as if we are somehow responsible for all the ills of society by our mere attempts at exercising a constitutional right. It totally sucks. And what makes it worse is that many of us for a variety of very solid reasons can’t just “up and leave” as some can, and have successfully done. Watching our once great state turn into a total 💩 bag started long before the implementation of prop 47.
Sure, it is still the absolute best geographically, but the politicians have ruined it through a variety of ways.
I could go on, but my BP is high enough after all the election crap lately.
 
If you haven’t experienced a long time (several decades, as many of us here have) of being continually assaulted, ostracized, marginalized, ridiculed, slandered, and subjected to all means of hate by various government entities, you may not yet fully appreciate the gravity of the situation that many of us feel.
I'm a minority. I've dealt with racism and other issues for most of my life. I've also been a lifelong volunteer and advocate, which is why I started the site. I've likely had to deal with other issues you've probably never had to and vice versa.

As they say, same same but different.

For me personally, California has been the American dream over and over again. Regardless of the struggles, they are in every state. I have property in Texas and visit the east coast regularly. Doesn't matter where you go, 💩 stinks everywhere.
 
Ikeo, glad to know that.
Yes, as a white male, I have experienced firsthand experience of being told I couldn’t do something because of the color of my skin. This was way back in the 1970’s during middle school, and was a policy newly adopted by the Los Angeles Unified School District in regards to “mandatory integration” (forced bussing) in a failed social experiment that forever changed at how I look at public education. I mention this only because it may be related to your comment of having to deal with issues that you may not think I have. But that is only to put things in perspective.
Glad to hear of your support for 2A, and this site which you are making a great place.
 
I'm just glad that motherf*cker gascon got his ass handed to him.

I'd imagine LEO's looking at smash-n-grab and "flash mob" crimes are like the Uruk-hai in LOTR...

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!!"
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom