18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Announcement Vote on the Election here!

Who will win?

  • Donald Trump

    Votes: 101 69.2%
  • Kamala Harris

    Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Third Party FTW!

    Votes: 7 4.8%

  • Total voters
    146
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, saw some longer posts and wasn't sure.
trying to leave some room as long as you ain't talking 💩 about the two candidates and the parties. Disgruntled with the system, oooohkay...

If you have to 💩 on others, it means your point isn't strong enough to stand on. I don't want to ban anyone because the rules are simple. I want to hear whats good about your candidate that you like. Sell your team on the dream, not on fear.
 
Is it really that hard for people not to speak negatively? It’s like people are programmed to say something bad about the other but not say something good about your own person, which was the rule.
Ironically, the poll avatars are illustrative, as Trump shows cars and money (a positive reference) but Harris shows unicorns and rainbows (a negative reference), skewing the poll through implicit bias and negativity. :)

That was my one sentence. (Ginsu knives ad voice: !!!But wait…there’s more!!!)
It’s very easy to slide into bias in today’s political world, as the parties have set the tone of attack and response. Our responses have shifted from supportive of one to comparative of both to disparaging of the opponent. That now frames the positive/negative discourse. Without realizing it, that environmental pollution has impacted us all.

To the poll…I believe Harris will take this, unfortunately. What I’m more interested in is the down-ticket races and if Rs can take the Senate.
 
Last edited:
trying to leave some room as long as you ain't talking 💩 about the two candidates and the parties. Disgruntled with the system, oooohkay...

If you have to 💩 on others, it means your point isn't strong enough to stand on. I don't want to ban anyone because the rules are simple. I want to hear whats good about your candidate that you like. Sell your team on the dream, not on fear.
The intended spirit of the thread sounds like a good idea: allow people political expression on election day, without having it degenerate into mud slinging chaos.
 
Harris shows unicorns and rainbows (a negative reference), skewing the poll through implicit bias and negativity
Really? Rainbows and Unicorns are positive to me. Trucks and Buildings are positive to me as well. How do you figure rainbows and unicorns are bad? I think one tries to paint it that way, but in general its fun.

I always found these commericals hilarious


Plus, I actually do wear this at the gym for fun... People will have their opinions, but i wear a bunch of

1730826212443.pngScreenshot 2024-11-05 at 9.06.04 AM.png


Our responses have shifted from supportive of one to comparative of both to disparaging of the opponent. That now frames the positive/negative discourse. Without realizing it, that environmental pollution has impacted us all.

I agree.
 
Last edited:
Really? Rainbows and Unicorns are positive to me. Trucks and Buildings are positive to me as well. How do you figure rainbows and unicorns are bad? I think one tries to paint it that way, but in general its fun.

I always found these commericals hilarious






I agree.
I usually agree, but when you have companies like Spike Tactical selling their "Snowflake Lower" with a unicorn on it...I can't be surprised if someone associates the unicorns wrongly lol.
 
CAguns is from reddit, not CALguns.

Just remember that, don't expect a mindset from Calguns, why there are kamala voters here.
 
Will go out on a limb and say that I'm voting for Harris bc ironically I think she is better suited between the two to return the US to being a more stable world leader. I would have voted for Haley over Biden or Harris.
 
Really? Rainbows and Unicorns are positive to me. Trucks and Buildings are positive to me as well. How do you figure rainbows and unicorns are bad? I think one tries to paint it that way, but in general it’s fun.
I never said rainbows and unicorns are bad. I said they were negative to Harris within this specific context.

Depending on context and perspective, everything can be “fun”. But, I’d ask what the intention was in associating these particular avatars with these particular candidates in the context of this poll. Why did each candidate get that particular set of icons? Why didn’t Trump get the unicorns and rainbows? Just “fun”?

Given a political context and perspective (this thread) and candidate promises/platforms, trucks (high ticket material items) and banks (it’s not just a “building”…it has a $ on it, so it’s a bank) both signify material wealth and affluence. In this context, both are powerful political messages associated to that candidate. Unicorns (which don’t exist) and rainbows (which are beautiful, intangible and transient) also present powerful, yet less substantive political messages.
Plus, I actually do wear this at the gym for fun... People will have their opinions, but i wear a bunch of
View attachment 16035View attachment 16036
My Granddaughter had a T-shirt with a bejeweled unicorn. The gym (and my Granddaughter’s previous wardrobe) are completely different contexts from this thread. What you wear to the gym (although possibly disturbing 😳) has nothing to do with this discussion.

The implicit bias affects us all often without our knowledge.
.IMG_0726.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I never said rainbows and unicorns are bad. I said they were negative to Harris within this specific context.
That's a premise I don't necessarily agree with but you do point out how perception is in the eye of the beholder.

There's no subtle context to it. Unicorn represents she can be the first minority female president with a splash of color/diversity as the rainbow.

Trump with the truck, just the image I've seen many times with his banner on trucks and buildings with his name. Didn't really have to do with affluence at all but I can see how you got there.

Since i created the thread and chose the icons, i felt the fact that i actually wear it was relevant that I see it nothing more than simple symbols of the times. Up until you guys mentioned it, I'd never even thought of unicorns and rainbows as a negative.

The context behind this thread was mainly; tell us what you like about your candidate. It's fascinating to me that in recent years, the active effort and success of changing the definition of emojis as a negative if they're associated with a group by a group.

And i didn't bejewel my shirt.. 😂
 
Yea, I would of voted for Haley because I trust her judgement, and she dropped out. But since she judged Trump to be a better candidate and endorsed him, and as I trust her judgement, I too, will vote for Trump, as he is a better candidate for Presidency of the US of A.
 
Will go out on a limb and say that I'm voting for Harris bc ironically I think she is better suited between the two to return the US to being a more stable world leader. I would have voted for Haley over Biden or Harris.
I pray that Harris is more independent from the Obamas/Clintons/Soros than Biden was. But when we see Soros pouring all kinds of money at Harris, hope is fading fast. Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. One slight ray of hope is what Willie Brown once said to the San Francisco Chronicle, he had an affair with Harris and opened the door to her career ambitions, but Harris threatened to prosecute Wille Brown if he goes out of line. Very funny.
 
Third party, same party I "voted' for in the last election....

1*2rL21qeg1V5q97nZHevLaQ.jpeg
 
Let's just say that who I support and am voting for, and who I think is going to win in an internet poll are 2 completely different things. I have no faith in the integrity of our elections anymore. None.

I don't worry as much about the election integrity per se, so much as the weaponized stupidity of the masses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom