18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What was your last Gun Purchase of 2024

How's that dissent rifle? I've considered it but trying to figure out if it's worth the price over an AR15 in that caliber.
We’ll see in about 10 days!!

2A Zone had the Make an Offer going again, so the price wasn’t too out of line for a ‘nice’ featureless AR-15 type rifle, but it’s WAY more than I usually spend on one, haha!! I normally roll my own ARs, so having one ready to go will be nice for a change.
 
Wow, seven months?!? The 2011 fad might be over by then, haha!!

J/k of course!! Atlas makes a fine pistol. It will be worth the wait.
Is there a 2011 fad? LoL. Thanks, someone let me shoot their Atlas at my local range and now I know too much! Thankfully I have a couple guns to keep me entertained at the range while I wait.
 
Is there a 2011 fad? LoL. Thanks, someone let me shoot their Atlas at my local range and now I know too much! Thankfully I have a couple guns to keep me entertained at the range while I wait.
The 2011's are pretty sexy and I'd love to own one but I want something reliable that doesn't require a lot of maintenance. The 2011's are like Porsche's and Lambo's, Ferrari's. They look and feel, not to mention the trigger, so good BUT I'm too broke to buy it to run. I got buddy's who let me shoot theirs. I like the simplicity and reliability of striker fires and cost to repair.

My last purchase was 8 lbs of N320. 2025 is gonna be interesting for the 2A space.
 
I want of these but the prices on lever actions have shot through the roof for some reason.
I didn't plan on buying it as I also have a Henry Big Boy steel 357 side gate.

The Marlin is just beautiful. Polished blues steel with highly figured walnut stock. It's an eye grabber. Since the rear site is more forward I shoot it with the iron sites and can see pretty good. The Henry has a 3x9 Leupold 33 mm Freedom scope.

Buy now, prices are only going up.
 
I purchased a Howa Oryx from a member here on New Year's Eve. Looking forward to it. Happy New Year everyone!
 
The price of a P365 in California is artificially inflated by Sig IMO. California P365 is $700 and everywhere else it’s <$500. I really hope that prices are coming down because the P365 isn’t a $700 gun.

Really? I guess I'm not charging enough. I don't think its Sig that has inflated them.
 
I didn't plan on buying it as I also have a Henry Big Boy steel 357 side gate.

The Marlin is just beautiful. Polished blues steel with highly figured walnut stock. It's an eye grabber. Since the rear site is more forward I shoot it with the iron sites and can see pretty good. The Henry has a 3x9 Leupold 33 mm Freedom scope.

Buy now, prices are only going up.
What’s the model number of your Marlin?
 
What’s the story behind that, I haven’t heard of it before?

The CZ factory in the Czech Republic changed several internal parts on all production CZ75s (all variants). To the best of my knowledge it was small parts like springs, pins ,etc. Allegedly this happened around 2021, but they never told CZ-USA.

Fast forward to 2024, and CZ-USA finds out. According to the CADOJ, changing literally any part on a handgun invalidates its listing on the CA handgun roster. This is what caused the HK USP to get delisted abruptly in 2022. Even if CZ tried to get their guns reevaluated - they lack the safety features that are now mandatory to be on the roster (their models were grandfathered in).

CZ-USA then snitched on themselves to the CADOJ, leading to all production CZ-75s getting delisted today (1/1/25).
1735790825262.png
 
We’ll see in about 10 days!!

2A Zone had the Make an Offer going again, so the price wasn’t too out of line for a ‘nice’ featureless AR-15 type rifle, but it’s WAY more than I usually spend on one, haha!! I normally roll my own ARs, so having one ready to go will be nice for a change.
I saw and missed this sale. Was hoping to pick up a lower or Ruger for this. My last purchase was right before this sale. I managed to snag a S&W 327 PC
 
The 2011's are pretty sexy and I'd love to own one but I want something reliable that doesn't require a lot of maintenance. The 2011's are like Porsche's and Lambo's, Ferrari's. They look and feel, not to mention the trigger, so good BUT I'm too broke to buy it to run. I got buddy's who let me shoot theirs. I like the simplicity and reliability of striker fires and cost to repair.

My last purchase was 8 lbs of N320. 2025 is gonna be interesting for the 2A space.

I think if I had access to some of the top tier 2011s I wouldn't be so quick to buy one, but I absolutely loved the Atlas when I tried it (still don't know which model it was). I hope the Atlas doesn't ruin me for the SP-01! Even if it did, it'll be good to have a backup. If I change my mind on the Erebus I think it would be easy to sell for someone who wants to avoid the long wait or scavenger hunt.
 
One of the snakes. Colt Python 6” barrel. I already have the King Cobra, so now I just need an Anaconda and a Viper. I’ve wanted a Python ever since I inherited the King Cobra from my grandfather. I always say Smith does revolvers the best, but the Snakes are the exception to that claim.
 
Back
Top Bottom