18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Request When do you commit to an item?

Should we implement “I’ll take it” to allow for neutral FB if they ghost?

  • Yes

    Votes: 43 70.5%
  • No

    Votes: 18 29.5%

  • Total voters
    61
Not quite, because we're growing there would be a penalty if you agreed and then didn't respond. This way if it's done to multiple people, people would know that it's a pattern of behavior. I actually don't want people to get used to agreeing and then ignoring after making an agreement. The only caveat, it would have to be in DM, then reported to back up the neutral feedback.

Multiple penalties would lead to restriction of classifieds access.
What's to stop someone from smashing the "I want it" button and then simply changing their mind? I think this is a difference in how people perceive non-communication. To me, non-communication is a "no", and I'd treat it as such.

Remember that one seller who didn't leave feedback for me? He was a TERRIBLE communicator, huge time spans between messages. Of course, not leaving feedback tracks with someone so flaky. I did my part though and still left him good feedback.

Even then, I'm just not fussed over people ghosting in comms. I will simply move on to the next buyer or seller.
 
What's to stop someone from smashing the "I want it" button and then simply changing their mind? I think this is a difference in how people perceive non-communication. To me, non-communication is a "no", and I'd treat it as such.

Remember that one seller who didn't leave feedback for me? He was a TERRIBLE communicator, huge time spans between messages. Of course, not leaving feedback tracks with someone so flaky. I did my part though and still left him good feedback.

Even then, I'm just not fussed over people ghosting in comms. I will simply move on to the next buyer or seller.
So you're ok if that person does that to multiple people whenever they're looking for things? I get like if it's a one off, but i don't like habitual time waster. Wouldn't it be better if there was a better % of people that didn't ghost? That's ultimately what we're trying to improve over time.
 
You keep operating within the premise that the system is in place. I'm saying that button isn't well thought-out and shouldn't be in place UNLESS it's a starting point only as I've outlined earlier.

Buyer hits button. Five other people hit the button (much like a DM). Vet the buyers for all metrics, from price to availability, FFL location, attitude, etc. Choose your buyer (as it is now). Meet. See if they show up. Make sure cash isn't counterfeit, etc. Hope your buyer has all of their paperwork, and they still have to pass BG check. Then, hope they leave feedback. Some don't, weirdly enough.

Tell me what point the button has in all this?
Can't tell if serious.

Sorry, but I've been doing this for a long time. In some serious fashion mind you I had over a 100 plus on calguns itrader before they nuked it. I had so much s*** on the hide back when the "nobodys" of the world were allowed to do whatever they wanted and the Maggie's drawers was a free-for-all and all the crap that I sold there was enormous in conparison to the bs I have on here, tons of Glock talk feedback also.

The button system that I am proposing yes proposing for the last time. I am not acting like it is in place. Doesnt require any moderation. The seller auto triggers the neutral with a thumbs down. If you get 5 neutrals, you should get a cooldown as in no access to the classifieds, if you get 10, your account should be nuked.

There's too many ghosters and time wasters and this forum isn't anywhere close to critical mass yet.
 
So you're completely ok with someone wasting your time after they said they'd take it? Arrange to meet and then nothing the day of?

As someone’s who had bought and sold dozens and dozens of items on Facebook, Craigslist, Nextdoor, etc, it happens on those platforms ALL the time with no feedback either. I have sold over 10 motorcycles on FB and Craigslist. Guys says he coming. Saturday at 2. No show. Wait and wait and the dude doesn’t show. I text the next guy who was in line and he comes and buys. If the first guy contacts me again, sorry dude it sold.

I have sold and bought from those with great feedback, and those with no feedback.

Again for me, feedback on a non transaction (which is what we are debating) seems unneeded at least by me, especially if some angry seller gets to make the call on a neutral feedback without buyer input.

Of all the forums I’m on only gun and watch guys get hung up on the feedback number. The “L” site is an example of how many dudes were so hung up on iTrader that went away, yet people still buy and sell (when they can log on. Lol)

Again this is your house so you make the call. With over 40 PPTs I’ve never even needed the negative button.
 
As someone’s who had bought and sold dozens and dozens of items on Facebook, Craigslist, Nextdoor, etc, it happens on those platforms ALL the time. Most transaction have no feedback either. I have sold over 10 motorcycles on FB and Craigslist. Guys says he coming. Saturday at 2. No show. Wait and wait and the dude doesn’t show. I text the next guy who was in line and he comes and buys. If the first guy contacts me again, sorry dude it sold.

I have sold and bought from those with great feedback, and those with no feedback.

Again for me, feedback on a non transaction (which is what we are debating) seems unneeded at least by me, especially if some angry seller gets to make the call on a neutral feedback without buyer input.

Of all the forums I’m on only gun and watch guys get hung up on the feedback number. The “L” site is an example of how many dudes were so hung up on iTrader that went away, yet people still buy and sell (when they can log on. Lol)

Again this is your house so you make the call. With over 40 PPTs I’ve never even needed the negative button.
Appreciate the input from everyone. I thought it would be more one sided but, that's why having these discussions is good. Maybe now isn't the right time. I have several hundred tx's in several places over the years. I have my biases but i like to hear what people have to say, might not take everything but I'm actively listening.
 
Appreciate the input from everyone. I thought it would be more one sided but, that's why having these discussions is good. Maybe now isn't the right time. I have several hundred tx's in several places over the years. I have my biases but i like to hear what people have to say, might not take everything but I'm actively listening.
The poll is extremely one sided.
 
So you're ok if that person does that to multiple people whenever they're looking for things? I get like if it's a one off, but i don't like habitual time waster. Wouldn't it be better if there was a better % of people that didn't ghost? That's ultimately what we're trying to improve over time.
Well now you're talking about our complaints with the human condition. Wouldn't it be better if people were smarter, more considerate, more punctual, and more honest? Yes.

I know your intentions are good, but a new system should make sense and provide a discrete benefit, otherwise whose time is being wasted?
 
Can't tell if serious.

Sorry, but I've been doing this for a long time. In some serious fashion mind you I had over a 100 plus on calguns itrader before they nuked it. I had so much s*** on the hide back when the "nobodys" of the world were allowed to do whatever they wanted and the Maggie's drawers was a free-for-all and all the crap that I sold there was enormous in conparison to the bs I have on here, tons of Glock talk feedback also.

The button system that I am proposing yes proposing for the last time. I am not acting like it is in place. Doesnt require any moderation. The seller auto triggers the neutral with a thumbs down. If you get 5 neutrals, you should get a cooldown as in no access to the classifieds, if you get 10, your account should be nuked.

There's too many ghosters and time wasters and this forum isn't anywhere close to critical mass yet.

The system we have now is communication, the same system we've had since there have been humans trading, buying, and selling.

Why do we need some weird automated feedback system based on comms? There shouldn't be feedback if no sale took place. Can I leave neutral feedback for someone for being stupid, obtuse, writing badly, taking forever to reply, etc.?

I say skip the button and leave things as they are. Communicate with your buyer or seller and be smart enough not to get scammed. Why do people still get scammed in 2026 with all the tools we have in place for buyer protection?

What about comms off-site that you didn't get such as missed texts or calls? A lot of buyers like to chat via text or voice.

The button could work IF treated as a starting point only, like a bidder holding up a mark for the auctioneer. This would mean multiple people being able to use it.

Even then we'd still be back to business-as-usual.
 
Well now you're talking about our complaints with the human condition. Wouldn't it be better if people were smarter, more considerate, more punctual, and more honest? Yes.

I know your intentions are good, but a new system should make sense and provide a discrete benefit, otherwise whose time is being wasted?
Well we can shape how we want things done here. We have to look out for the regular person. I feel like it at least because if I don’t, there an example of what that looks like already. Keeping the balance is important to me, but this is something that we’ll test out to see if it makes a dent in flakes and no shows.

There will be a prompt
 
Bottom line, make a plan to meet when you want to buy or sell something. Everything else is just noise, and people change their minds. I am not defending ghosting as a practice (we Gen-Xers tend not to do that) but I don't think the site needs to track an implied/declared "I'll take it" and then "didn't follow through" as if the site has any hope of policing that. This is also why I don't support a "dibs" functionality. *I* choose my seller based on a plurality of metrics, not the least of which is someone's communication, intelligence, respect, integrity, and intellectual honesty—something you're apparently still learning.
This. Unless a meeting place and time has been agreed on, everything else is irrelevant.
 
Well we can shape how we want things done here. We have to look out for the regular person. I feel like it at least because if I don’t, there an example of what that looks like already. Keeping the balance is important to me, but this is something that we’ll test out to see if it makes a dent in flakes and no shows.

There will be a prompt
Ikeo, I have some ideas to help flesh out the "I want it" button.

Goal; make it easier to track and vet potential buyers. Offer transaction filters to match the best buyer with the seller. Create a dedicate comms space that is monitored by site mods, at least for initial conversation and vetting.

1. The button should provide some utility. A buyer can "take a ticket" if you will, or punch the button and they're now in a queue of potential buyers.

2. Let the seller create a filter to see which buyer is the best fit. This could be related to availability, preferred FFL, buyer transaction feedback (if minimum required), buyer verified (you're doing that now), etc. This all assumes seller price has been met. The act of filling out a small seller-created poll helps filter against non-serious tire-kickers.

If I as a Seller want to DROS at 2A Zone Riverside, I only want buyers willing to go there. Obviously I do put that information in my ad but it can be a stronger filter with a dedicated button and vetting poll for buyers. Nothing crazy, just a few question to filter for the best buyers for a given seller.

3. Let the buyers openly queue (visible to all members) for a particular gun, but there's no priority given to "first arrivals", as the seller picks the buyer. This is similar to the "watching" functionality but is transparent and more explicit. Buyers might be more willing to drive if there's competition for a gun, or if the gun isn't all that common and demand is strong.

4. This pool of buyer candidates can be categorized after filling out a short survey (devised by seller) to see who the best match is. So, Buyer A hits the button and signals that he can't meet on weekends, but seller only wants to meet on a weekend. Buyer B doesn't want to drive more than a few miles. Buyer C has a specific but good FFL in mind. Buyer D stops communicating, so he should be dropped from the candidate pool, perhaps at seller's request. No neutral feedback, and no feedback unless there's a transaction.

These are my initial thoughts to help flesh out the idea and give it value for both buyer and seller, which should result in less work for moderation if it becomes more of a public matching system.
 
Last edited:
Ikeo, I have some ideas to help flesh out the "I want it" button.

Goal; make it easier to track and vet potential buyers. Offer transaction filters to match the best buyer with the seller. Create a dedicate comms space that is monitored by site mods, at least for initial conversation and vetting.

1. The button should provide some utility. A buyer can "take a ticket" if you will, or punch the button and they're now in a queue of potential buyers.

2. Let the seller create a filter to see which buyer is the best fit. This could be related to availability, preferred FFL, buyer transaction feedback (if minimum required), buyer verified (you're doing that now), etc. This all assumes seller price has been met. The act of filling out a small seller-created poll helps filter against non-serious tire-kickers.

If I as a Seller want to DROS at 2A Zone Riverside, I only want buyers willing to go there. Obviously I do put that information in my ad but it can be a stronger filter with a dedicated button and vetting poll for buyers. Nothing crazy, just a few question to filter for the best buyers for a given seller.

3. Let the buyers openly queue (visible to all members) for a particular gun, but there's no priority given to "first arrivals", as the seller picks the buyer. This is similar to the "watching" functionality but is transparent and more explicit. Buyers might be more willing to drive if there's competition for a gun, or if the gun isn't all that common and demand is strong.

4. This pool of buyer candidates can be categorized after filling out a short survey (devised by seller) to see who the best match is. So, Buyer A hits the button and signals that he can't meet on weekends, but seller only wants to meet on a weekend. Buyer B doesn't want to drive more than a few miles. Buyer C has a specific but good FFL in mind. Buyer D stops communicating, so he should be dropped from the candidate pool, perhaps at seller's request. No neutral feedback, and no feedback unless there's a transaction.

These are my initial thoughts to help flesh out the idea and give it value for both buyer and seller, which should result in less work for moderation if it becomes more of a public matching system.
This is very complicated. Really we’re just looking for a message, no buttons necessary. Seller can always pick who they want to sell to. Just don’t want buyers to be flakes, all we’re asking for is to bring back some courtesy to the seller. If you have to pass, say so and it’s done.
 
I'm curious about the numbers, could you share a couple of things?
How many complaints a month are you receiving on this?
Do you have a percentage breakout like xx% of the total is buyers ghosting and yy% is sellers ghosting?
 
I'm curious about the numbers, could you share a couple of things?
How many complaints a month are you receiving on this?
Do you have a percentage breakout like xx% of the total is buyers ghosting and yy% is sellers ghosting?
It’s enough to start a discussion and do something.
 
Back
Top Bottom