18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Which would you carry daily for CCW?

What are you taking with you?


  • Total voters
    196
The number of 2011 votes is encouraging. Also would have been interested in how the BG 2.0 would have done if it was an option.
 
The number of 2011 votes is encouraging. Also would have been interested in how the BG 2.0 would have done if it was an option.
I'm seriously considering adding the bodyguard 2.0 to my license when I have to renew. It shoots really nice considering it's size
 
If you had to pick one main gun you’re going to carry 98% of the time - must be a compact or subkompact size handgun

Let us know!

Assume each model variant listed is compact or carry model if not stated. I know there’s so many but I had to try to limit to what the site allows

Also really wanted to fit the P229 there and a micro like the PPK/S.
I carry a Glock 19 Gen 3. It's light and after over 1000 rounds without a failure of any kind I think I can trust it.
 
I'm seriously considering adding the bodyguard 2.0 to my license when I have to renew. It shoots really nice considering it's size
It is indeed amazing. I’m partial to the carry comp direct milled for a rmsc optic. Just insanely light weight and concealable but shoots very well (both in absolute terms and relative to other similar sized and caliber guns) at speed and within 15 yards or so.

A new favorite of mine!
 
It is indeed amazing. I’m partial to the carry comp direct milled for a rmsc optic. Just insanely light weight and concealable but shoots very well (both in absolute terms and relative to other similar sized and caliber guns) at speed and within 15 yards or so.

A new favorite of mine!
I was hitting an 8x10 steel target at least 50% of the time at about 35 yards with mine on my first day out shooting it. It's the comped version. And iron sights. With a little more practice I could probably improve that percentage

Only wish was to have a 9mm version. But I understand why 380
 
If you had to pick one main gun you’re going to carry 98% of the time - must be a compact or subkompact size handgun

Let us know!

Assume each model variant listed is compact or carry model if not stated. I know there’s so many but I had to try to limit to what the site allows

Also really wanted to fit the P229 there and a micro like the PPK/S.
G19. Simple, reliable, never gets in the way wherever I go.
 
It’s not on your list but I carry a j frame 38 about 90% of the time and a shield 2.0 in 45 for the rest of the time.
 
Anyone who votes for a micro or sub compact should have to post a video of a 5/10/15/20/25/30 yard bill drill with times and hits for each one
 
Yeah you easily can but I’d say checkout the VP9K or PDP compact instead of the G19. All are similar size
Pdp is to chunky, At least the full size as a competition pistol kinda should. By the time my permit is up for renewal there should be a few more options hopefully.
 
Pdp is to chunky, At least the full size as a competition pistol kinda should. By the time my permit is up for renewal there should be a few more options hopefully.
I tried one at the lgs you are totally correct it’s like hanging on a baseball bat no thanks I went with the mp 9 2.0
 
Back
Top Bottom