By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Wish the site didn’t have a small limit. Another 10-15 options would have been interestingThe number of 2011 votes is encouraging. Also would have been interested in how the BG 2.0 would have done if it was an option.
I'm seriously considering adding the bodyguard 2.0 to my license when I have to renew. It shoots really nice considering it's sizeThe number of 2011 votes is encouraging. Also would have been interested in how the BG 2.0 would have done if it was an option.
I carry a Glock 19 Gen 3. It's light and after over 1000 rounds without a failure of any kind I think I can trust it.If you had to pick one main gun you’re going to carry 98% of the time - must be a compact or subkompact size handgun
Let us know!
Assume each model variant listed is compact or carry model if not stated. I know there’s so many but I had to try to limit to what the site allows
Also really wanted to fit the P229 there and a micro like the PPK/S.
I found the X-macro to shoot flatter thanks to the comp. I did a shoot-off before deciding which to keep on the CCW.Currently 43X, once I renew it may shift to P365.
It is indeed amazing. I’m partial to the carry comp direct milled for a rmsc optic. Just insanely light weight and concealable but shoots very well (both in absolute terms and relative to other similar sized and caliber guns) at speed and within 15 yards or so.I'm seriously considering adding the bodyguard 2.0 to my license when I have to renew. It shoots really nice considering it's size
I was hitting an 8x10 steel target at least 50% of the time at about 35 yards with mine on my first day out shooting it. It's the comped version. And iron sights. With a little more practice I could probably improve that percentageIt is indeed amazing. I’m partial to the carry comp direct milled for a rmsc optic. Just insanely light weight and concealable but shoots very well (both in absolute terms and relative to other similar sized and caliber guns) at speed and within 15 yards or so.
A new favorite of mine!
G19. Simple, reliable, never gets in the way wherever I go.If you had to pick one main gun you’re going to carry 98% of the time - must be a compact or subkompact size handgun
Let us know!
Assume each model variant listed is compact or carry model if not stated. I know there’s so many but I had to try to limit to what the site allows
Also really wanted to fit the P229 there and a micro like the PPK/S.
Pdp is to chunky, At least the full size as a competition pistol kinda should. By the time my permit is up for renewal there should be a few more options hopefully.Yeah you easily can but I’d say checkout the VP9K or PDP compact instead of the G19. All are similar size
I tried one at the lgs you are totally correct it’s like hanging on a baseball bat no thanks I went with the mp 9 2.0Pdp is to chunky, At least the full size as a competition pistol kinda should. By the time my permit is up for renewal there should be a few more options hopefully.
Same size as Glock 19I tried one at the lgs you are totally correct it’s like hanging on a baseball bat no thanks I went with the mp 9 2.0
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!