18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

1911 in 9mm???

This reminds me, I am going to sell my Kimber commander in 9mm. Rad gun, but I am not shooting it much. Reading this and Interested? Let me k

Possibly...

GSG has a 22LR 1911 that's only about $300 retail.

I had one... spent an appreciable fraction of the gun to accurize it (sights, better guide rod, bushing...) though I never had an issue with feeding/cycling with CCI Mini Mag. I sold it and got a Ruger MkIV and didn't look back.
 
I also have the mini version, the EMP. That is built well, tight tolerances. Good choice for an all metal CCW pistol.
I have a Springfield Arms EMP in 9mm as well. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside with a Glock. The EMP is more money but as was recommended, the EMP has night sights, better trigger pull, etc. Nothing to upgrade.

If you want an inexpensive way to shoot at paper with a 1911 frame format, get a Browning 1911-A .22 cal. The Browning is perfect for noobs. Tiny but has look/feel of a 1911. When you hold it, you'd swear a flame is going to out of the barrel to light a cigarette. Eats all .22cal ammo that I have sent through it. Many in this style, GSC & Sig Sauer Mosquito come to mind, and derivatives, apparently suck in regard to functionality.
 
For me, there isn't a big difference between 45 and 9mm as the 9mm is really snappy. The 380 platform is considerably tamed down in regards to recoil.
 
For me, there isn't a big difference between 45 and 9mm as the 9mm is really snappy. The 380 platform is considerably tamed down in regards to recoil.
In the 1911 format tho, 9mm isnt really very snappy as the guns are significantly heavier than the typical polymer 9mm guns. Still the impulse of 45 v 9 is very different, tho i often shoot my own 9mm 147 reloads and those “feel” more like 45 impulse wise than typical 115gr or 124 gr
 
I have the Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in. Barrel, California Compliant. Smooooth shooter. 9 +1rd. Not Cheap Great Gun!!!
If you want a 1911 'type' even Smaller, the Sig P938 9mm 3in. 7+1rd. Some people have issues with it, But Mine is my "EDC"!!! Runs Perfect!
Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, same model... they are Colt Clones! Non of these are on Roster though, you Would have to find it
Private Party! The P938 even has a baby brother, the P238 in .380, Have one of those too! Great Pocket sized Pistol! This one is on Roster!
 
I have the Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in. Barrel, California Compliant. Smooooth shooter. 9 +1rd. Not Cheap Great Gun!!!
If you want a 1911 'type' even Smaller, the Sig P938 9mm 3in. 7+1rd. Some people have issues with it, But Mine is my "EDC"!!! Runs Perfect!
Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, same model... they are Colt Clones! Non of these are on Roster though, you Would have to find it
Private Party! The P938 even has a baby brother, the P238 in .380, Have one of those too! Great Pocket sized Pistol! This one is on Roster!
The P238 is currently on my CCW and I will updating to the EMP 3" and my Kimber .45. ( I figured have 2 easy carry and 1 Big Boi for the bag/car/camping).
 
RIA 9mm cleaned up and most small parts replaced. It's like cheating. Easy to shoot and no reliability issues.
XwYVVPih.jpg
 
I also have the 9mm Springfield Target. Very accurate but more weight than the .45 version as the barrel has thicker walls. That does make for less muzzle flip and easier to handle for the ladies.

I also have the mini version, the EMP. That is built well, tight tolerances. Good choice for an all metal CCW pistol.
you mention mini Ronin 3"(?) , I am thinking to get one, but there is issue some reported, how's your thoughts and experience ? please advise. thanks
 
I have the Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in. Barrel, California Compliant. Smooooth shooter. 9 +1rd. Not Cheap Great Gun!!!
If you want a 1911 'type' even Smaller, the Sig P938 9mm 3in. 7+1rd. Some people have issues with it, But Mine is my "EDC"!!! Runs Perfect!
Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, same model... they are Colt Clones! Non of these are on Roster though, you Would have to find it
Private Party! The P938 even has a baby brother, the P238 in .380, Have one of those too! Great Pocket sized Pistol! This one is on Roster!
try to get a Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in ronin, but some issues reported, what's your thoughts ? please advise, thanks
 
1911 in 9mm is definitely a must have. One of the softest shooting 9mm pistols. I picked up a SA Range Officer back in 2014 for less than $780 during the SSE1 period. Have upgraded it and in it's current form on of my favorite 9mm pistols along with my 2011s. Upgrades listed below.
  • Dawson FO front sight
  • WC full length guide rod
  • WC ambi safety
  • Atlas/Geppert X Line flat trigger
  • EGW ignition kit
  • Ed Brown oversized mag release
  • Ed Brown chainlink magwell
  • LOK brass palm swell Gridlock grips
 

Attachments

  • 1000002454.webp
    1000002454.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 31
I had a Springfield in 9mm that I bought for my wife. We both enjoyed it a ton. Had upgraded springs, added a wilson combat magwell, and bobed it.

I sold it a few months ago and got a 2011 instead.
20200903_205458.webp
20200903_205524.webp20200903_205505.webp
 
I love my 45acp 1911s but it’s difficult for my friends and family to shoot but they love the comfort and handling of the 1911s
Are the 9mm 1911 worth getting? I’m thinking of kimbers
might as well buy a 22 45 or nothing lol
 
Back
Top Bottom