- Messages
- 45
I just bought one, hoping to do this with it, do you think I should get a separate “upper” for it or just do the barrel swap?if you can find a RIA 38super on sale for a good price and can also convert with just a barrel and mags to 9mm
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I just bought one, hoping to do this with it, do you think I should get a separate “upper” for it or just do the barrel swap?if you can find a RIA 38super on sale for a good price and can also convert with just a barrel and mags to 9mm
thats really up to you. when i did it i got a whole new upper, because i wanted the tact slilde not the GI slide.I just bought one, hoping to do this with it, do you think I should get a separate “upper” for it or just do the barrel swap?
This reminds me, I am going to sell my Kimber commander in 9mm. Rad gun, but I am not shooting it much. Reading this and Interested? Let me k
GSG has a 22LR 1911 that's only about $300 retail.
I have a Springfield Arms EMP in 9mm as well. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside with a Glock. The EMP is more money but as was recommended, the EMP has night sights, better trigger pull, etc. Nothing to upgrade.I also have the mini version, the EMP. That is built well, tight tolerances. Good choice for an all metal CCW pistol.
Hey Joe you Won!I got a SA 1911 Loaded in 9mm a few years ago. Paid ~$850 shipped to CA. Cool pistol. On roster, too.
![]()
1911 Loaded Target 9mm Handgun - Stainless, California Compliant - Springfield Armory
www.springfield-armory.com
In the 1911 format tho, 9mm isnt really very snappy as the guns are significantly heavier than the typical polymer 9mm guns. Still the impulse of 45 v 9 is very different, tho i often shoot my own 9mm 147 reloads and those “feel” more like 45 impulse wise than typical 115gr or 124 grFor me, there isn't a big difference between 45 and 9mm as the 9mm is really snappy. The 380 platform is considerably tamed down in regards to recoil.
The P238 is currently on my CCW and I will updating to the EMP 3" and my Kimber .45. ( I figured have 2 easy carry and 1 Big Boi for the bag/car/camping).I have the Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in. Barrel, California Compliant. Smooooth shooter. 9 +1rd. Not Cheap Great Gun!!!
If you want a 1911 'type' even Smaller, the Sig P938 9mm 3in. 7+1rd. Some people have issues with it, But Mine is my "EDC"!!! Runs Perfect!
Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, same model... they are Colt Clones! Non of these are on Roster though, you Would have to find it
Private Party! The P938 even has a baby brother, the P238 in .380, Have one of those too! Great Pocket sized Pistol! This one is on Roster!
Still available? If so where are you located ?This reminds me, I am going to sell my Kimber commander in 9mm. Rad gun, but I am not shooting it much. Reading this and Interested? Let me know
you mention mini Ronin 3"(?) , I am thinking to get one, but there is issue some reported, how's your thoughts and experience ? please advise. thanksI also have the 9mm Springfield Target. Very accurate but more weight than the .45 version as the barrel has thicker walls. That does make for less muzzle flip and easier to handle for the ladies.
I also have the mini version, the EMP. That is built well, tight tolerances. Good choice for an all metal CCW pistol.
try to get a Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in ronin, but some issues reported, what's your thoughts ? please advise, thanksI have the Springfield EMP 1911 9mm 3in. Barrel, California Compliant. Smooooth shooter. 9 +1rd. Not Cheap Great Gun!!!
If you want a 1911 'type' even Smaller, the Sig P938 9mm 3in. 7+1rd. Some people have issues with it, But Mine is my "EDC"!!! Runs Perfect!
Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, same model... they are Colt Clones! Non of these are on Roster though, you Would have to find it
Private Party! The P938 even has a baby brother, the P238 in .380, Have one of those too! Great Pocket sized Pistol! This one is on Roster!
thanksMine is non ronin, standard EMP. Runs perfectly. They have made these for years.
might as well buy a 22 45 or nothing lolI love my 45acp 1911s but it’s difficult for my friends and family to shoot but they love the comfort and handling of the 1911s
Are the 9mm 1911 worth getting? I’m thinking of kimbers
I second thisif you can find a RIA 38super on sale for a good price and can also convert with just a barrel and mags to 9mm
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!