18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics 2011/ 1911 DS Photo Thread

I was lucky enough to call John Jardine my friend. I got to help R/D the vanta within Logan and John. Those are sweet for sure.
 
P with Genghis Komp and Gen 1 OD grip

8vnSDDp.jpg

0GDOJaC.jpg
 
Added another one to the collection.

View attachment 13431
Nice! How do you like it so far? I’m liking the looks of the Kovert collab with ports. I honestly held one after holding an Atlas over at Kovert, and I couldn’t find a reason to get one.. but for the price, I think they’re a bargain! Please update after you get it out!
 
Nice! How do you like it so far? I’m liking the looks of the Kovert collab with ports. I honestly held one after holding an Atlas over at Kovert, and I couldn’t find a reason to get one.. but for the price, I think they’re a bargain! Please update after you get it out!
I like the feel of the grip of the Platypus better, but I'll see how it runs after I go to the range next week. Only reason I got it was b/c I was able to PPT it for below MSRP. If I had to pay the tax and sin tax on top of retail, forget it. The guy I got it from changed the safeties and the ignition kit, so hopefully it runs better than stock.
 
Very early variant of a 2011, something a bit rare you don't see too often, and certainly not in CA - the BUL-M5 / Double Stack 1911.

Other than that chunky trigger guard which was typical of early Polymer frame experimentation and overbuilding, due to doubts of polymer durability and integrity in general (since proven the anxiety was unnecessary) - it's a really nice, accurate, and excellent firearm.

MPxh4rll.jpg


yEkYAnMl.jpg


---
 
Last edited:
One day I’ll be able to get a 2011. What are good 2011’s these days? I saw Stoeger said the Staccato has an extractor issue around 25k

Other than that I liked the Atlas Erebus. Anything else yall would recommend to try?
Hayes Cobra Island Barrel
Venom Customs
Rafferty Lucky Charm

All from Kovert Projects
 
IMG_7166.jpeg


Legion Precision Weapons Systems Chiraq 5”
My first 2011 which I got back in May

Waiting on a Hayes Cobra which should arrive by the end of November. Also been tempted to get a plain in stock Platypus from 2azone and send it off to Monsoon Tactical for their Grand Master Genghis Komp and cerakote work.
 
Have a few Staccatos on consignment,

IMG_0248.jpg
P in 9mm, 4.4" barrel

IMG_0249.jpg
C2, 3.9" barrel

IMG_0252.jpg
P with custom porting by Vulcan, slide is buuuuttery smooth.
 
IMG_0255.jpg
Shameless fanboy proudly displaying the Jacob Grey used in Reno May's video

IMG_0258.jpg
Jacob Grey black, this one has a fully textured grip, and captured guide rod

IMG_0260.jpg
Jacob Grey TWC 9 with a 507c in FDE.
 
IMG_0261.jpg
Apache by Watchtower, this is the standard version, we had a small batch of the Pew Views come in earlier this year

IMG_0263.jpg
Custom Platypus from a stocking order, in addition to the black commander and govt models we're getting, we have a few customs coming in as well.

IMG_0266.jpg
Akai Customs Ripsaw, has a ported island barrel.
 
IMG_0268.jpg
Stealth Arms Platypus, commander length, still takes G17 magazines

IMG_0270.jpg
Phoenix Trinity H-Duty with Trijicon SRO, island barrel with fiber optic front sight

IMG_0273.jpg

Akai Customs Stryker, this thing is a beast, the grip texture is amazing and the magwell keeps it super balanced when firing.
 
IMG_0278.jpg
Phoenix Trinity H-Pro, like the H-Duty it has an island barrel, but this one is ported, the front hexagonal serrations have a windowed cut on both sides of the slide for the barrel, if you're fancy

IMG_0281.jpg
Atlas Nemesis in Gunmetal, this is 1st gen, the color, grip and magwell give it a unique look, and it sticks out even in a collection of Atlas 2011's.
 
Back
Top Bottom