18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

For me I'd rather have a 230grn hardcast vs a 147grn hardcast bullet for hunting/hiking/camping. For a quick run to the gas station, with a compact/sub compact CCW that has a 6-7 round capacity .45 for me. If you're going to the mall, costco, movie theater or other place where mass shooters like to prey upon people, a double stack 9 all day long.
12+1 in my P2000SK, so almost double round count
 
Sorry your "freedom units" are so uptight. I merely meant to mention that .308 ACP is also called 9mm kurz. It is not a "preference" of mine. I don't even shoot the damn round. The fact that the Walther PPK is one of the world's most famous small hang guns isn't my fault either. Bother "calibers" can be shot interchangeably, which cannot be said about .38 spl & .357 magnum. Even though they are the same caliber.

Wish you the best, Mr. Freedom-Units.
Same to you, Mr. Kurz.
 
Is there a reason why? What cal would you prefer? I was thinking getting a 45cal.
Trying to downsize a bit and taking one caliber out of the rotation. I mostly shoot 9 when I do pistols. I like the way 45 shoots, but I also have 357 mag, 380 and 22 pistols. Also want to make space for incoming pistols.

Still need to sleep on it a bit as I just took my Dan Wesson to the range and it is a sweet shooter.
 
I’m going to go shoot my Les Baer Custom Carry - in 45ACP of course - tomorrow. So, no, I’m not “getting out of 45ACP”.
 
I am getting old. And my kids are not much in guns.
So yes .45 is on chopping block. Not because I don't like it. Just because I rather get rid of it myself....

the only reason I keep .38 and 357 is because I have cylinder cut for 9 mm for my .357 revolver....
 
.45 ACP is not a high volume round to shoot at the range. It's also heavy to carry, compared to 9mm.
I don't carry and my range trips are not very many. Out on the range (outdoors) I like to shoot rifles.
A little pistol practice should always be included. 2-3 magazines w/ .45 ACP is more fun to me than 20-30 magazines w/ a 9mm pistol.
In fact, I wanted to get out of 9mm. I might still do that once I get over that mountain of 9mm ammo I have stashed.
I may try a PCC or Homesteader. I avoided those so far, but it might do the trick to fire off my 9mm ammo.
 
.45 ACP is not a high volume round to shoot at the range. It's also heavy to carry, compared to 9mm.
I don't carry and my range trips are not very many. Out on the range (outdoors) I like to shoot rifles.
A little pistol practice should always be included. 2-3 magazines w/ .45 ACP is more fun to me than 20-30 magazines w/ a 9mm pistol.
In fact, I wanted to get out of 9mm. I might still do that once I get over that mountain of 9mm ammo I have stashed.
I may try a PCC or Homesteader. I avoided those so far, but it might do the trick to fire off my 9mm ammo.
PCCs is a great way to blow through 9mm! Got a Ruger PCC and it eats all my Glock’s food on trips 😂
 
.45 ACP is not a high volume round to shoot at the range. It's also heavy to carry, compared to 9mm.
I don't carry and my range trips are not very many. Out on the range (outdoors) I like to shoot rifles.
A little pistol practice should always be included. 2-3 magazines w/ .45 ACP is more fun to me than 20-30 magazines w/ a 9mm pistol.
In fact, I wanted to get out of 9mm. I might still do that once I get over that mountain of 9mm ammo I have stashed.
I may try a PCC or Homesteader. I avoided those so far, but it might do the trick to fire off my 9mm ammo.
The homesteader sucked. Just get the ruger.
 
My 45 ACP pistols don't get shot much anymore BUT when I bring them out...admire the accuracy, head and shoulders above my 9mm 1911s (and strikers for sure). Iron sighted 45 ACP outshooting optic equipped 9mm pistols...granted the 45s I shoot mostly are super nice models...not cheap pistols.
 
Hellllll to da noooo.. I have quite a collection of .45acps and wont ever downgrade to 9mm. Yes its personal preference but theres something about the .45acp that always gets a wow factor everytime I take it to the range and have friends shoot them.
 
Getting out of .45ACP is a great idea and I’m here to help you with all your getting out of .45ACP logistics.

Unfortunately, I can only buy 3 a month but I’ll do all I can!
 
I have a friend who is well into his 60s and grew up in Texas. Was a teenager when he got his first 1911. He has shot out two barrels in his 1911. Don’t know how many rounds that is but I’d guess a fair bit.
 
I have a friend who is well into his 60s and grew up in Texas. Was a teenager when he got his first 1911. He has shot out two barrels in his 1911. Don’t know how many rounds that is but I’d guess a fair bit.
I’ve put over 16 pounds of bulleye through my favorite 1911. It was used when I got it and it is in no immediate danger of a re-barrel. That’s roughly 26,000 rounds
 
Back
Top Bottom