caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Announcement CalGuns vs. CAguns What's the difference?

Was this helpful?

• Yep, this was helpful

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ikeo1

Administrator
Staff member
Feature Matrix

We've had a lot of people come from Calguns recently and I've received quite a few messages about things were done at CG. We do things differently here because we've included a lot of new features that don't work with the CG way. They use more resources and as a result we have some limitations on certain heavily used features.

If you create a listing: Please put BOTH Title - Location
Sorry I have to put this at the top but too many people aren't reading the instructions first. If could do me a favor, IF you see a listing with a bad title, let them know to update it please. All of us on the same page will make the experience a lot better for everyone.

This matrix should help users navigate the differences between Calguns and CAguns. I've had a few messages recently asking me why the service isn't completely free and I wanted to provide a breakdown of what you're getting vs. what you're not getting to really show the extent of features we've added here.

This is still not a full list of Features at CAguns.net. I'll be adding more feature over time. Funds go toward the Development of the software. This site does not sell any physical goods. CAguns, LLC maintains the website & Community.

FeaturesCalgunsCAguns (Free)CAguns( $5 Membership)
Forums✅✅✅
Marketplace✅✅✅
Legal Opinion✅🟠 - Not much🟠 - Not much
Community✅✅✅
Large Community✅🟠 - 🚀 Tell your friends!🟠 - 🚀 Tell your friends!
Historical Data✅❌❌
Profile Banner❌❌✅
Profile Posts✅❌✅
Private Messaging✅✅✅
Search✅✅✅
Advanced Search❌✅✅
Region❌✅✅
Sub-Region❌🟠 - Developing🟠 - Developing
Roster❌✅✅
C&R❌✅✅
Modern UI❌✅✅
Dark / Light Themes❌✅✅
Events Manager❌✅✅
RSVP❌✅✅
RSVP Notifications❌✅✅
Mobile Web App🟠 - Tap-a-talk✅✅
Mobile Optimized❌✅✅
Larger Font
Smaller Payload
HD images
❌✅✅
Push Notifications🟠 - Tap-a-talk✅✅
Classifieds System❌✅✅
# of Open Listings*1 - per forum3-5** Total10
# of Images / listing5 - low quality3 Good Quality5 Good quality
# Days before ExpiringUnknown60 days90 days
# of Featured Listings❌❌1
Bumps**1 / day1 / 3-5 days1 / day
Listing Emojis❌✅✅
Discuss Listing***❌✅✅
Ask Question❌✅✅
Make offer❌✅✅
Feedback & Rating System🟠 - iTrader ratings may go away✅✅
Community Badges❌✅✅
Performance Boost❌✅✅
Network Acceleration❌✅✅
Resource Library❌✅✅

* This may change in time. We're currently allowing 5 but we reserve the right to reduce this to 3 at any time. Surges in users drives up the cost so we may change this. Existing listings will not be affected. After any change, you may not be able to create new ads.

** Bumps are done via a button on your Overview tab or via Listings Manager. If you use BTT or Bump to go around the limit, you will be warned or may be banned if abused. It doesn't update in the classified section anyways so its not as useful as it was in Calguns and you lose points here. So don't do it please.

The Advanced Search is powerful and if someone is looking for your item, it'll show up. This is to limit the number ads with unrealistic prices trying to be at the top. We prefer quality listings. If you are priced right, your item will get snapped up fast. If you want $2,000 for your Gen 3 Glock with mods, you may not bump that 1/day unless you're a subscriber. This may move to 5 or 7 days as the site grows to keep the market clean with fresh listings at the top. If something sticks around for that long without selling, its priced too high or too niche, so you have to have the right buyer.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 9.47.55 PM.png

*** You may only discuss the item but not price. Only relevant new information might be added, but do not add an opinion. IE: If something is coming out on the roster, mention its coming out. That is all. Factual information only. Posts may be moderated or removed. Warning's will be given. Too many warnings will result in ban. So please use facts only or the emoji to show your feeling, this is the only compromise.

Thanks for reading. Let me know you got this far by 👇🏻 the Like button or Voting on the poll or both!

Thank you for making this site the fastest growing 2A community in California!

Last edited:
If you need help with development lmk. I've got some free time and haven't fully taken advantage of my idx access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back