Some years ago, I remember when speaking with some individuals, I introduced the topic about hunting, that mentioned they were against hunting when the topic was brought up; some disagreements came up about how they think killing is wrong, it’s killing animals, killing animals is wrong, oh it’s so brutal, or why kill animals when we can just go buy it at the grocery market.
I haven't gone to church in a long time. The others also have gone to church in the past.
I brought up and read some verses which does not prohibit hunting as long as it is for subsistence; some which depicts the man with the bow and arrow in a good light.
I also asked if they are currently vegan, vegetarian, or meat eaters. They were all meat eaters.
I asked why is it that they are not against angling? They themselves have gone fishing and crabbing, it’s not like their harvest was still alive; yet that is fine but hunting is not. I mentioned what about bow fishing for invasive species? They didn’t like that one either.
Seems like after that, they held a silent grudge against me ever since. No yelling was involved.
If it helps, they also don’t like guns either. Harvesting with a bow and arrow is still a no no; even if guns were not used for the harvest.
I asked someone else who is currently a church goer (not from the same church), if I am invalid; I was told no.
Was I rude or just being honest for bringing up these verses; maybe I should go back to church and ask.
Does the meat industry offer more peace and freedom; domesticated or raised for the purpose to be eaten by humans?
If it helps, I still see these people once in awhile…...
One explained a year later even though he knew I had a hunting license, saying he didn’t even know we needed deer tags or that there was a harvest limit for deer. I asked him how did you think it worked? “I thought you could just go out there and shoot as many as you want”. Until this day I think that’s just made up because it doesn’t sound real; or is it? Do people really think like that?