- Messages
- 709
- Classified ads
- 9
I do what I want.Didn’t those originally sell for like $25 each. So based on many comments above you need to reduce the price to say $15 dollars or face being banned for asking to much![]()
![]()
![]()
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I do what I want.Didn’t those originally sell for like $25 each. So based on many comments above you need to reduce the price to say $15 dollars or face being banned for asking to much![]()
![]()
![]()
Doesn't the - prefix work here?I just wish I could search but minus glock as a key word, lol
Yup, I think it's probably just using the google search toggles/switches.Oh, is there a trick to it? Im tired of seeing 900 dollar gen 3 glocks, lol
I totally understand somebody might want it. And I have absolutely zero problem whatsoever with the seller asking what they want and the buyer paying top dollar for something if they want it. my point is that this is not a true private party transaction. When one individual has eight guns that are all off roster brand new in box never fired and selling them all for $35,000, that's somebody that requires an FFL and it should be a commercial listing. I have no problem with them selling it the right way. Of course everybody looks for loopholes in the law, I'm just saying that this is not a legit private party sale.How does that ruin anything? What if someone wants those?
If they were an FFL and it was a commercial listing it wouldn't be legal for them to sell them, the roster would kick in and no one could buy them. If it's not a private party sale it can't happen at all so it is a private party sale by definition.I totally understand somebody might want it. And I have absolutely zero problem whatsoever with the seller asking what they want and the buyer paying top dollar for something if they want it. my point is that this is not a true private party transaction. When one individual has eight guns that are all off roster brand new in box never fired and selling them all for $35,000, that's somebody that requires an FFL and it should be a commercial listing. I have no problem with them selling it the right way. Of course everybody looks for loopholes in the law, I'm just saying that this is not a legit private party sal
You’re right, and it looks like DOJ is cracking down as they added a question to the DROS form last week to ask if a firearm is off roster and the exempt status of the seller. So it seems they are c looking for LEOs running a side business. Ethically I think it’s wrong but I probably benefited secondarily by buying my recent off roster pistol from someone who got it from an LEO. The whole system is dumb and should be abolished; we can only hope.I totally understand somebody might want it. And I have absolutely zero problem whatsoever with the seller asking what they want and the buyer paying top dollar for something if they want it. my point is that this is not a true private party transaction. When one individual has eight guns that are all off roster brand new in box never fired and selling them all for $35,000, that's somebody that requires an FFL and it should be a commercial listing. I have no problem with them selling it the right way. Of course everybody looks for loopholes in the law, I'm just saying that this is not a legit private party sale.
Oh, is there a trick to it? Im tired of seeing 900 dollar gen 3 glocks, lol
buying online is a pain in the ass when some of these FFL want $100-$300 for transfers on top of DROS.... and you still have to pay sin tax and sales tax AFAIKThere is currently over 900 handguns currently on the California Handgun Roster many out of current production. I see many times a seller claiming their handgun is off roster when is not. Then they have it for sale at a inflated price on CAguns then you can go to Gun Broker.com and buy the same same firearm for 40-60% less because people in free states are buying the new stuff and dumping their old stuff which is still on the california handgun roster. With 40-60% off you can still be ahead paying the fees and get what you want.
agree.. and people abusing our already restrictive system just results in further tightening the leash. PPT is an awesome way for gunowners to exchange their stuff and we already have enough hoops to jump through. it would really suck to see our rights get further stripped back.I totally understand somebody might want it. And I have absolutely zero problem whatsoever with the seller asking what they want and the buyer paying top dollar for something if they want it. my point is that this is not a true private party transaction. When one individual has eight guns that are all off roster brand new in box never fired and selling them all for $35,000, that's somebody that requires an FFL and it should be a commercial listing. I have no problem with them selling it the right way. Of course everybody looks for loopholes in the law, I'm just saying that this is not a legit private party sale.
That has not been my experience. The FFL that I use is only 15 min from my work which charges $50 for the transfer. Recently, I purchase a MC Operator for $580, CZ TS for $850, etc. I paid the fees but in my situation it is convent, I didn't have to burn gas or time.buying online is a pain in the ass when some of these FFL want $100-$300 for transfers on top of DROS.... and you still have to pay sin tax and sales tax AFAIK
That’s assuming you want something on-roster. There are a LOT of entire categories of pistols where you’re pretty much screwed if you are restricted to the roster. 9mm 1911s, 2011s, most competition guns, and other specific things are either unattainable or the only options areThere is currently over 900 handguns currently on the California Handgun Roster many out of current production. I see many times a seller claiming their handgun is off roster when is not. Then they have it for sale at a inflated price on CAguns then you can go to Gun Broker.com and buy the same same firearm for 40-60% less because people in free states are buying the new stuff and dumping their old stuff which is still on the california handgun roster. With 40-60% off you can still be ahead paying the fees and get what you want.
very nice, thats not bad at all. generally the minimum transfer fee I see in my area (sacramento) is starting at $100. this of course does not include DROS or tax.That has not been my experience. The FFL that I use is only 15 min from my work which charges $50 for the transfer. Recently, I purchase a MC Operator for $580, CZ TS for $850, etc. I paid the fees but in my situation it is convent, I didn't have to burn gas or time.
That’s assuming you want something on-roster. There are a LOT of entire categories of pistols where you’re pretty much screwed if you are restricted to the roster. 9mm 1911s, 2011s, most competition guns, and other specific things are either unattainable or the only options are. Sure you can get by, but this is not a good situation let’s not pretend otherwise.

I just looked at this further; read Gun Broker.com has over 8,000 CA FFL's active available for transfers. From reviewing about 50 random CA FFL participating with gun broker looks $100 is the about max charge. I am sure that's negotiable if its more volume than one off once a year. It may not be for everyone but at this point in time it is a buyers market for used guns.very nice, thats not bad at all. generally the minimum transfer fee I see in my area (sacramento) is starting at $100. this of course does not include DROS or tax.
$50 to transfer is a great price and definitely would make snagging those online deals more practical
If they were an FFL and it was a commercial listing it wouldn't be legal for them to sell them, the roster would kick in and no one could buy them. If it's not a private party sale it can't happen at all so it is a private party sale by definition.
Personally I love theseThe classified sections have gotten out of control. Its turning into CALGUNS with every "I know what I got" post. Newsflash your beat to death hand me down isn't worth that much, even if it is "off roster". The mods you put into that gun aren't raising the value because for all i know they were installed with a sledgehammer and JB Weld.
The other half seem to be cops trying to fund thier families disneyland trip/wife's anniversary jewelry with selling $6000 staccatos. Hoping a techbro with more money than sense will buy it.
Honestly at this point it seems like sellers are praying for the next panic buy event and just jacking up prices ahead of it.
TLDR: when looking for secondhand guns use the awesome filters that Ikeo and the rest of developers have set up. Other wise you're gonna slog through a ton of BS to find what you're looking for.
Feel free to tell me i'm wrong below.... If you're brave... /sarc
Update: Honestly i'm impressed this got traction, i was expecting a couple thumbs up/down.
Gouging doesn't apply to items that are voluntarily purchased. Prices might be higher than you'd like but you're not compelled to buy any off-roster gun.the stupid ones who sells glock 19 gen 3 stock for 1k-1.5k "i know what i got" type of sellers whoever does that price gouging should automatically be banned in forums and sites like this damn parasites
bought multiple stuffs here already with reasonable guys that understand the meaning of used
g17.3 - 400
remington 700 308 with vortex viper pst scope 700
warden 250
radian ramjet 200
to those guys that sold me this stuffs thank you for being reasonable
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!