18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Delusional Sellers (CA Guns Classifieds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The classified sections have gotten out of control. Its turning into CALGUNS with every "I know what I got" post. Newsflash your beat to death hand me down isn't worth that much, even if it is "off roster". The mods you put into that gun aren't raising the value because for all i know they were installed with a sledgehammer and JB Weld.

The other half seem to be cops trying to fund thier families disneyland trip/wife's anniversary jewelry with selling $6000 staccatos. Hoping a techbro with more money than sense will buy it.

Honestly at this point it seems like sellers are praying for the next panic buy event and just jacking up prices ahead of it.

TLDR: when looking for secondhand guns use the awesome filters that Ikeo and the rest of developers have set up. Other wise you're gonna slog through a ton of BS to find what you're looking for.

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong below.... If you're brave... /sarc

Update: Honestly i'm impressed this got traction, i was expecting a couple thumbs up/down.
 
They could still list the firearms but they would be restricted to selling them only to roster exempt individuals. I have no problem with them doing that
I have a problem with it, I want as many off roster guns available as possible even expensive ones that I'm not going to buy. Why do you even care why don't you just mind your own business?
 
I do have to agree with the cops buying and tripling there cash seems like a kick in the teeth for everyone else…. sure you don’t have to buy it and I know it’s a free market but it really does suck to see it. Personally you can kiss my ass I won’t support your’e next cruise.

Yeah the core issue is the handgun roster. The stated purpose is "safety" but in practice it restricts access to many modern firearms based on not just specific features rather than presenting clear evidence of increased risk.

So if a firearm is considered safe enough for LEO use it is reasonable to ask why it is not considered suitable for civilian ownership??

I do know CA DOJ does monitor transactions and has issued warning letters to LEO with higher volumes of resale activity but there is no clearly defined transaction limit. This lack of clarity leaves enforcement in a gray area and when these cases become visible (they clearly are not) it draws attention to inconsistencies in how the roster is applied.

At its core the issue is less about individual transactions and more about whether the roster system itself is logically consistent and even equitable with its stated goals. It clearly isn't and this is really about control.
 
I do have to agree with the cops buying and tripling there cash seems like a kick in the teeth for everyone else…. sure you don’t have to buy it and I know it’s a free market but it really does suck to see it. Personally you can kiss my ass I won’t support your’e next cruise.
the alternative is never getting anything off roster ever again. Triple is excessive, it's usually double retail price. It sucks but these guys wouldn't do it at all if they weren't making money on it. 98% of the roster is boring as F-. the situation sucks but what are we gonna do, report these guys so that no one ever gets anything?
 
the alternative is never getting anything off roster ever again. Triple is excessive, it's usually double retail price. It sucks but these guys wouldn't do it at all if they weren't making money on it. 98% of the roster is boring as F-. the situation sucks but what are we gonna do, report these guys so that no one ever gets anything?
Report what? A person is selling their property for more than they bought it for? Get out of here with that. Its their right to ask what they want for their property.
 
Report what? A person is selling their property for more than they bought it for? Get out of here with that. Its their right to ask what they want for their property.
Didn’t you hear?! You must sell it close to what you bought it for.

So if anyone decides to sell their house pre-2008 prices, the critics of the MP will create a thread praising the prices 👏🏻

Because…you know… many of those scoring great deals from the MP post how great sellers are

\sarcasm
 
How does that ruin anything? What if someone wants those?

You're not absorbing what I'm saying. I have no problem with somebody selling an off roster firearm and I have absolutely no problem with anybody who wants to buy it regardless of how much the cost is. What I'm saying is if a person has one brand new off roster firearm for sale, no big deal to me that's just a regular private party transfer. When that same person has eight brand new firearms that are all off roster listed in a row for sale in the classifieds that requires an FFL license cuz you're operating as one. That's all I'm saying.
 
Gouging doesn't apply to items that are voluntarily purchased. Prices might be higher than you'd like but you're not compelled to buy any off-roster gun.

You can always stick to the roster for nominal pricing.

Come on @Wolkenflieger You can't bring logic and sound advice into a thread about price gouging! I mean we are already using the term "gouging" incorrect after all. ;)

For a pro gun and and pro 2A site, I find it strange that we seem to be advocating for price control, quantity control, public shaming, down voting in WTS ads, banning/limiting cop sales, for those exercising their right to bear and sell arms. What happened 😢
 
You're not absorbing what I'm saying. I have no problem with somebody selling an off roster firearm and I have absolutely no problem with anybody who wants to buy it regardless of how much the cost is. What I'm saying is if a person has one brand new off roster firearm for sale, no big deal to me that's just a regular private party transfer. When that same person has eight brand new firearms that are all off roster listed in a row for sale in the classifieds that requires an FFL license cuz you're operating as one. That's all I'm saying.
The State of California says I can sell up to 50 guns a year without needing an FFL, as long as I don't do it in more than 5 PPTs. Why do you think you get to make up your own rules for when an FFL is required?
 
Come on @Wolkenflieger You can't bring logic and sound advice into a thread about price gouging! I mean we are already using the term "gouging" incorrect after all. ;)

For a pro gun and and pro 2A site, I find it strange that we seem to be advocating for price control, quantity control, public shaming, down voting in WTS ads, banning/limiting cop sales, for those exercising their right to bear and sell arms. What happened 😢

Yup and it's strange.

It is basically rules for thee but not for me eg Gavin Newsom during COVID. The do as I say not as I do type sh*t.

A lot of it comes from people drifting in from Reddit. That culture leans heavy on emotion and signaling over consistency. So you get contradictions without people even realizing it. They think they are defending values but they are really just reacting based on what feels right in the moment.

That is why it looks so inconsistent. It is not thought through its impulse dressed up as principle.
 
The State of California says I can sell up to 50 guns a year without needing an FFL, as long as I don't do it in more than 5 PPTs. Why do you think you get to make up your own rules for when an FFL is required?

You're speaking without knowing. If you follow this at all you would know that the doj is very well aware that there are people that are roster exempt I.e police officers, law enforcement, etc. They buy these guns at normal everyday prices for people who are not excluded from buying them, then resell them for $2,500 a piece. Not just one gun but a slew of them. There are already law enforcement people that have been nailed for this. This isn't just sell what you want as a private citizen.. That's my only point. Once again quit thinking that my point of view is that these people should not be allowed to have them and should not be allowed to sell them. If you can get your hands on them and you can make money, fantastic. But don't act like you're just some Joe schmo who came into some offer Off roster firearms. This has become an extremely profitable business for these people. And if you're not aware of that I actually feel sorry for you
 
I do know CA DOJ does monitor transactions and has issued warning letters to LEO with higher volumes of resale activity but there is no clearly defined transaction limit.
This lack of clarity leaves enforcement in a gray area and when these cases become visible (they clearly are not) it draws attention to inconsistencies in how the roster is applied.
The CA limit of selling via no more than 5 PPT transactions a year is crystal clear.
Federally, if you buy firearms with the intention of selling them for profit, you need to be a licensed FFL to do that.
There is no specific limit because it's simply not allowed so any more than 0 requires an FFL.
That's how they are going after the guys they caught doing it in high volume and why CA has specifically cracked down on off-roster transfers by LEO.
 
Last edited:
The State of California says I can sell up to 50 guns a year without needing an FFL, as long as I don't do it in more than 5 PPTs. Why do you think you get to make up your own rules for when an FFL is required?


THEY CAN AND WILL ARREST SOMEBODY FOR DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE SPEAKING OF IF THEY WANT TO. FOR YOUR READING ENJOYMENT! AND THE LAW DOES NOT APPLY TO ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT. YOU AND I AND EVERY GENERAL PUBLIC PERSON LISTED HERE TO THE SAME STANDARD. AGAIN YOU MAY GET AWAY WITH IT WITHOUT EVER BEING LOOKED AT, BUT THEY CAN ABSOLUTELY ARREST YOU FOR DOING IT IF THEY WANT

california law enforcement arrested for selling off roster firearms
+8
Several California law enforcement officers have been arrested and convicted for illegally selling "off-roster" firearms—guns not available to the general public—by exploiting their official status. Cases involve officers purchasing restricted handguns and selling them for profit without federal licenses
. Notable incidents include:

Gardena Police Department: Officers Carlos Fernandez and Edward Arao were convicted for operating an unlicensed business selling off-roster firearms, with Fernandez using Instagram to advertise them.
Pasadena Police Department: Lieutenant Vasken Kenneth Gourdikian was sentenced for selling over 100 firearms, including off-roster models.
San Diego Sheriff’s Department: A former captain pleaded guilty to trafficking off-roster firearms.
Torrance Police Department: A former officer agreed to plead guilty to acting as an unlicensed dealer and "straw purchasing" for others.

These investigations, often conducted by the ATF, highlight an illegal pipeline where officers used their positions to acquire restricted weapons for the private market.
 
You're speaking without knowing. If you follow this at all you would know that the doj is very well aware that there are people that are roster exempt I.e police officers, law enforcement, etc. They buy these guns at normal everyday prices for people who are not excluded from buying them, then resell them for $2,500 a piece. Not just one gun but a slew of them. There are already law enforcement people that have been nailed for this. This isn't just sell what you want as a private citizen.. That's my only point. Once again quit thinking that my point of view is that these people should not be allowed to have them and should not be allowed to sell them. If you can get your hands on them and you can make money, fantastic. But don't act like you're just some Joe schmo who came into some offer Off roster firearms. This has become an extremely profitable business for these people. And if you're not aware of that I actually feel sorry for you
If I'm "speaking without knowing," it's only because you're too stupid to get your point across.

I'm not sure anyone, including you, knows what your point is, and, quite frankly, I don't have any interest in finding out at this point. Everyone who has countered what your argument seems to be is met with more incomprehensible garbage and accused of not understanding your point.
 
THEY CAN AND WILL ARREST SOMEBODY FOR DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE SPEAKING OF IF THEY WANT TO. FOR YOUR READING ENJOYMENT! AND THE LAW DOES NOT APPLY TO ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT. YOU AND I AND EVERY GENERAL PUBLIC PERSON LISTED HERE TO THE SAME STANDARD. AGAIN YOU MAY GET AWAY WITH IT WITHOUT EVER BEING LOOKED AT, BUT THEY CAN ABSOLUTELY ARREST YOU FOR DOING IT IF THEY WANT

california law enforcement arrested for selling off roster firearms
+8
Several California law enforcement officers have been arrested and convicted for illegally selling "off-roster" firearms—guns not available to the general public—by exploiting their official status. Cases involve officers purchasing restricted handguns and selling them for profit without federal licenses
. Notable incidents include:

Gardena Police Department: Officers Carlos Fernandez and Edward Arao were convicted for operating an unlicensed business selling off-roster firearms, with Fernandez using Instagram to advertise them.
Pasadena Police Department: Lieutenant Vasken Kenneth Gourdikian was sentenced for selling over 100 firearms, including off-roster models.
San Diego Sheriff’s Department: A former captain pleaded guilty to trafficking off-roster firearms.
Torrance Police Department: A former officer agreed to plead guilty to acting as an unlicensed dealer and "straw purchasing" for others.

These investigations, often conducted by the ATF, highlight an illegal pipeline where officers used their positions to acquire restricted weapons for the private market.
You really are a special kind of stupid. Every one of those officers sold well in excess of the 50 firearms/5 PPTs per year.

WHICH IS WHY THEY WERE ARRESTED AND CHARGED!

So, what's your point? You're complaining about 💩 the state is already arresting people for.
 
AR15barrels
Federally, if you buy firearms with the intention of selling them for profit, you need to be a licensed FFL to do that.
That's how they are going after the guys they caught doing it in high volume and why CA has specifically cracked down on off-roster transfers by LEO.
The CA limit of selling no more than 5 firearms a year is crystal clear.
Federally, if you buy firearms with the intention of selling them for profit, you need to be a licensed FFL to do that.
That's how they are going after the guys they caught doing it in high volume and why CA has specifically cracked down on off-roster transfers by LEO.

I always like it when Randall enters the conversation because he's as up-to-date and knowledgeable about these things as anybody in the forums. And Randall for clarification at the end of your post when you say that they're going after leo's, would it not also apply to any private citizen (non leo) that was buying and reselling off roster firearms for profit?
 
AR15barrels
Federally, if you buy firearms with the intention of selling them for profit, you need to be a licensed FFL to do that.
That's how they are going after the guys they caught doing it in high volume and why CA has specifically cracked down on off-roster transfers by LEO.

I always like it when Randall enters the conversation because he's as up-to-date and knowledgeable about these things as anybody in the forums. And Randall for clarification at the end of your post when you say that they're going after leo's, would it not also apply to any private citizen (non leo) that was buying and reselling off roster firearms for profit?
They aren't getting in trouble for selling them for profit. They're getting in trouble because of the number they were selling. They could make 10,000% profit on up to 50 guns in no more than 5 PPTs per year and they wouldn't have been arrested.

How are you too dense to figure that out?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom