18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Favorite firearm and car?

For the gun question, Garands.

For the car, I've got my eye out for a big block '70 Chevelle convertible, but would consider any muscle car.
 
Wow, Beautiful car Glock270. While it is tempting I'll hold off....for now. I had a '61 and '72 vette (both had 350s) and enjoyed them, but want something I can take the dogs in and the corvette doesn't work for that.
 
Wow, Beautiful car Glock270. While it is tempting I'll hold off....for now. I had a '61 and '72 vette (both had 350s) and enjoyed them, but want something I can take the dogs in and the corvette doesn't work for that.
No problem, good luck on the search.
 
I am going to go with the YEET cannon since I love things named by the internet, and my WRX when I got it washed the other week and someone's license plate pierced my tire while they were washing it and and I had to get a new one.

IMG_2201.jpegIMG_1942.jpeg
 
There's kind of a funny dynamic with "favorite" sometimes. How do we define that? I've had a few corvettes, and I have loved them all. But which did I have the most butterflies in and get the great looks and vibe at the time? Probably most people's least favorite 'Vette, my C4. No, it wasn't the fastest not close, and it handled well bur had pretty crappy brakes. But dang, what a hoot to drive and cruise on a beautiful SoCal evening. My 1991 C4 convertible.

Vette1.JPG

Favorite gun? How do we define it? Here's the one I grab every day of my life before I head out for the day, does that make a gen 3 G19 my favorite? I guess by that standard. Lame, I know... I have dozens of nicer handguns, unless you consider the handgun you are most competent with and is the most dependable as nice.

G19serpa.jpg
 
There's kind of a funny dynamic with "favorite" sometimes. How do we define that? I've had a few corvettes, and I have loved them all. But which did I have the most butterflies in and get the great looks and vibe at the time? Probably most people's least favorite 'Vette, my C4. No, it wasn't the fastest not close, and it handled well bur had pretty crappy brakes. But dang, what a hoot to drive and cruise on a beautiful SoCal evening. My 1991 C4 convertible.

View attachment 8643

Favorite gun? How do we define it? Here's the one I grab every day of my life before I head out for the day, does that make a gen 3 G19 my favorite? I guess by that standard. Lame, I know... I have dozens of nicer handguns, unless you consider the handgun you are most competent with and is the most dependable as nice.

View attachment 8644
i love c4s and convertible makes it nicer. I had a 95 mustang gt convertible, they’re perfect for SoCal. My e31 isn’t fast lol it’s heavy but very smooth driver.
 
Favorite car: 1927 Pierce Arrow sedan.
Favorite handgun: S&W RM, circa 1936.
Favorite rifle: Westley Richards DSB Mauser, .416 Rigby, circa 1939?

Drive classic cars, shoot classic guns, surf vintage boards, all on the same day!
 
My favorite gun I own is probably my Sig P210 Legend Target.

I have a Gen 1 Viper. Definitely cool but not my most fun to drive car. That title belongs to my little R53 Mini Cooper S. Love that thing.
 
Enjoying my Marlin 1894 357, beautiful figured walnut, light as a feather.

This is my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Shrek green. 35" tires. 2 1/2" lift, Bilstein shocks, Banks air intake. G2 gears, quick release stabilizer, Kenwood stereo with Polk woofers and AMT tweeters, InfiniCap crossover capacitors. Mitzu oil cooler, Smittybuilt rear tire carrier, gun lockbox under the front seat.
Pic is the Cinnamon pass in Colorado. This Jeep goes everywhere. The adventure kicks in where the pavement ends.
 

Attachments

  • 20240702_123040.jpg
    20240702_123040.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240702_123435.jpg
    20240702_123435.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240709_110549.jpg
    20240709_110549.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
My favorite gun I own is probably my Sig P210 Legend Target.

I have a Gen 1 Viper. Definitely cool but not my most fun to drive car. That title belongs to my little R53 Mini Cooper S. Love that thing.
Vipers are sexy but I do see how they fit a certain category, daily is not one of them haha i recently saw a video where they swapped in a red eye hellcat engine into a RT/10 viper.

Those little cars are very fun haha I drove through Europe in a fiat 500 and it was a blast! Remind me of my raced out Honda hatch back in the days
 
Those little cars are very fun haha I drove through Europe in a fiat 500 and it was a blast!
That conjures up images of a scene out of a James Bond movie or two…all you need is a suit, a hot woman, and a PPK.
 
Had and still have the suit and hot Ukrainian wife but missing the ppk lol
If I had a PPK I’d give it to you for that correct response…
My son needs to go visit over that way, might have better prospects for a traditional, feminine lady. 🤣
Seems like too many over here are FUBAR beyond belief.
 
Sig Sauer M11 A1
Rivian R1T
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4583.jpeg
    IMG_4583.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4585.jpeg
    IMG_4585.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
I don't know how anyone has a favorite anything. I like so many different cars and guns for entirely different reasons. It's like asking what I want to eat. It just depends from one day to the next.

'89 635CSI M6, '87 Grand National GNX, '74 911 Carrera 2.7, '12 C63 507, '04 F-150 SVT Lightning, '80-83 FJ40 Landcruiser...

HK33/53, MP5K, Sig 551, STG 44, Mini Uzi w/folding stock, M240B, M24A2, Ma Deuce...

I could go at this all night.
 
I don't know how anyone has a favorite anything. I like so many different cars and guns for entirely different reasons. It's like asking what I want to eat. It just depends from one day to the next.

'89 635CSI M6, '87 Grand National GNX, '74 911 Carrera 2.7, '12 C63 507, '04 F-150 SVT Lightning, '80-83 FJ40 Landcruiser...

HK33/53, MP5K, Sig 551, STG 44, Mini Uzi w/folding stock, M240B, M24A2, Ma Deuce...

I could go at this all night.
Ok you’re right. I’d get rid of the e31 for a gnx lol
 
Back
Top Bottom