18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock gougers

People considering overpriced Glocks just need to know how much other quality guns cost, like the on-roster Staccato HD C3.6 at $2,499 for the preferred package (middle model). Hell, that much coin will get someone into a BNIB or lightly-used CZ Shadow 2 or S2C as well, and it's most of the way toward a TS2 depending on model.
 
Why would anyone Complain about what I am asking for a Weapon of Mine? Just move On.
 
It’s basic economics. Supply and demand. Same thing with colt lowers
 
Buying a duty pistol for $800 is like marrying someone with 16 divorces under their belt. 🤣🤣
Not sure I agree...

Send any gun back to Glock, included a used ex-LEO off roster gun, and they will refurb it for free. They strip it down, replace any worn or non-standard parts and ship it back to you, and return the non-standard parts as well.

So for $800 (plus shipping cost to Glock) you have a like-new Gen5 Glock. The competitive Polymer 9MMs on the roster w/LCI and magazine disconnect aren't much cheaper considering sales tax and Newsom tax.
 
People considering overpriced Glocks just need to know how much other quality guns cost, like the on-roster Staccato HD C3.6 at $2,499 for the preferred package (middle model). Hell, that much coin will get someone into a BNIB or lightly-used CZ Shadow 2 or S2C as well, and it's most of the way toward a TS2 depending on model.
Agreed.
also, that $2499 is $3k after sales/newsom tax. For $3k you can get a Shadow2 *and* CGW Pro Package & Bushing...
 
Agreed.
also, that $2499 is $3k after sales/newsom tax. For $3k you can get a Shadow2 *and* CGW Pro Package & Bushing...
Yes that Shadow 2 is a better shooter but you're not going to appendix carry a Shadow 2. The HD C3.6 is for someone who wants a very nice carry pistol. Plus I saw someone post a really nice deal on a used C3.6. :LOL:
 
Yes that Shadow 2 is a better shooter but you're not going to appendix carry a Shadow 2. The HD C3.6 is for someone who wants a very nice carry pistol. Plus I saw someone post a really nice deal on a used C3.6. :LOL:
Much like that Glock 19 Gen 3 for $700 that has that really clean high end second slide as an added option by that seller that is very smart and handsome. 😂
 
It would be nice if we could compile a blue book value of pistols in CA. Based off of all the sold listings here @CAguns.net

Are we as users capable of searching the sold listings? To check what pistols actually sold for.

This is a good idea, insights. Yes it’s possible to search for sold listings.

Something like that could be done with existing data based on asking price, but more data would be needed based on actual sold price. Say a question prompt when marking something as sold.

The problem is we typically don’t know the sold price. You see a listed price, then buyer and seller take to PMs for final price. PLUS most will say “I sold it for asking price” to keep the prices high for their next sale. Same happens on car/truck forum. Everyone lies about the super deal they got buying, and they ALL lie on what the sold for. “Yeah I bought my “list any car or truck” for 50% below MSRP. Paid cash so no receipt to show. Sold it 15 years later for double” lol

I’m looking for a Gen 4 G17 to round out my Glocks. I’m patient when one pops up (and they always do) I will respectfully offer what I think it is worth to me (not what you guys think it’s worth) and if the seller wants to sell so be it. If not another one will come up. It’s tax season, and people sell their toys to pay taxes. Lol
 
Seems like the LEO's are getting their gen 6's and putting their old duty pistols up for sale. I saw a Glock 19 gen 5 MOS listed for $800 a few days ago.
I just saw a gen 6 for sale at a LGS. It was on the LEO-only shelf. Looks like one entrepreneurial officer is trying to get a quick $2k.
 
There are honestly just too many other good options on the roster nowadays to pay inflated pricing for a dated design. I like Glocks so nothing against the brand or quality. I'd pay normal pricing for a Glock and feel like I got a square deal. I'd pay inflated pricing for a Glock and feel like and idiot once pricing calms down and the G6 Glocks make the roster.
 
There are honestly just too many other good options on the roster nowadays to pay inflated pricing for a dated design. I like Glocks so nothing against the brand or quality. I'd pay normal pricing for a Glock and feel like I got a square deal. I'd pay inflated pricing for a Glock and feel like and idiot once pricing calms down and the G6 Glocks make the roster.
Like buying silver at $120 per ounce when the next day it's in the $70's range.
 
Back
Top Bottom