18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Good competition gun or?

I don’t want it stolen
For me, a truck gun isn’t for defense or protection. I’m an avid hunter, have a dedicated hunting vehicle that lives in a locked garage, with an alarm and cameras. During hunting season, it’s nice to log off after work, switch vehicles and have all gear prepped and ready to go.
 
I had considered Trunk Gun, but then you have to worry about if they transport it within the stupid laws and all that jazz. Last thing I need is someone saying I suggested a Trunk/Truck gun then they get pinched carrying it loaded or something. Stupid we have to think this way, but CA is an incredibly litigious state and people rarely want to take accountability for their own actions.
I’ve wondered about the loaded gun issue since my CCW and PCC share magazines. With the PCC cased, unloaded, and locked in the trunk it seems unlikely but I wouldn’t want to become a test case.
 
For me, a truck gun isn’t for defense or protection. I’m an avid hunter, have a dedicated hunting vehicle that lives in a locked garage, with an alarm and cameras. During hunting season, it’s nice to log off after work, switch vehicles and have all gear prepped and ready to go.
I guess that’s why you’re trapper
 
Back
Top Bottom