18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Have you ever kept a pistol completely BONE STOCK?

Have you ever (long-term) owned and kept a handgun completely bone stock?

  • Yes

    Votes: 141 79.7%
  • No

    Votes: 36 20.3%

  • Total voters
    177
Got a canik tp9sf and after shooting it the first time i dont feel it needed anything.shootd greeat trigger is very nice and its accurate.

My older colt commander i had the trigger lightened up a little and now it shoots very good too.
 
2.

A G26 I am not very impressed by and rarely shoot or carry. I cannot be bothered to to do anything with it.

The other is my 80’ s P226 I have owned for nearly 30 years. The only changes are springs after nearly 100k rounds.
 
I personally have never altered or modified a handgun from the condition I bought it in.
There was a S&W mod 19 that had been refinished. I might change grips/panels otherwise they’re all stock.
Recently I acquired a SA 1911 Range Officer in 9mm. It’s broken in, has some handling and holster marks.
She’s clean inside. I was thinking about having a pro gunsmith fine tune it for flawless rapid fire. :oops:
Just kidding. ;)
 
I started shooting handguns only this year and I feel that I dont need to modify any of my handguns. If I dont feel like shooting a particular one at the moment - I just pick up another from the safe. I`m debating on changing the trigger on the glock, adding dawson sights to several other pistols, investigating better barrels, but my results are limited by my ability to shoot rather than a fancy addons and I know that for sure, so I`d rather spend my money on training. Just imo of course
 
Most of my guns, pistols and rifles, are kept stock (except for adding scopes to rifles - kids, you'll understand when you get older). The pistol exceptions are the Ruger 22/45 MK IIIs that have had the mag disconnects removed, the Glock 26 I swapped out the serrated trigger for a factory smooth trigger, some red dots on a few P320 slides, and general playing Legos with the P320 configurations (9mm compact, subcompact, full slides, .40 compact and full slides, carious grip modules, etc depending on the mood). Everything else though stays pretty much as is.
 
1911s. 45 acp: Les Baer and Springfield custom tgo. 9mm: nighthawk

For me as a Glock guy, they are unshootablev in stock form. Lol
 
Back
Top Bottom