18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Have you ever kept a pistol completely BONE STOCK?

Have you ever (long-term) owned and kept a handgun completely bone stock?

  • Yes

    Votes: 141 79.7%
  • No

    Votes: 36 20.3%

  • Total voters
    177
Most of my guns are bone stock unless something is wrong such as I needed a longer firing pin for my SW 610. All my semi-autos are bone stock. I do have conversion barrels and additional slides. I don't use red dot so I even use the factory irons on my glocks.
 
Tons of them. Customizing a pistol is generally a money loser. Grip tape or grips are the only thing I ever change in any case. That’s just because I have a medium to small hand. Once I added night sights to my pair of G19s.

Now, I tend to mess with bolt action rifles more, but that’s usually limited to a trigger change like Timney or a rebarrel in a few cases. Going too far with rifle mods are also a huge money loser.
 
SIG P220 Legion SAO ... "bone stock" from the factory!

A291E8DA-0444-4321-9BCB-B1DCBD273657_1_201_a.jpeg

SIG P229's

358E3305-BC02-4E97-A791-3890A24F3320.jpeg

Alchemy Custom Weaponry Prime Elite Carry ... "bone stock" from the factory! This gun will be disqualified from this thread when I change the grip panels.

ABE7349C-99E0-4E8E-9663-5473EE1066F3_1_105_c.jpeg
 
All of my pistols are bone stock. I will be picking up a P365 in about a week and will probably be the first pistol that will be modded.
 
On my Glocks, I’ve ground down the lever thingy that is in the face of the trigger. It’s ground down so that it matches the curvature of the trigger exactly, when the lever is fully pressed. This does not affect the operation of the gun and makes it more comfortable to use.
 
Back
Top Bottom