18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Have you ever really wanted a firearm?And then when you got it it's Terrible

Max9. Didn’t like that the trigger would “catch” with side tension. Also slide finish is awful.
 
2. First was an AMT Automag II in 22 magnum. Incredibly unreliable and you could have shaved with the sharp edges on that gun. Sold long ago. Not missed at all.
Second, for years I lusted for a Colt Diamondback in.22LR. Couple of years ago, found a 4 inch barreled one in excellent condition. Absolutely beautiful. Still hunting for ammo it will shoot accurately. Least accurate firearm I own. Have 4 S&W .22 revolvers, all are far more accurate. Bore and crown are perfect. Tried match ammo and more others. Will probably try a few more and then just park it. It sure is pretty.
 
I fired an automag .22 which worked well. Some .22 magnums are picky on ammo, but almost anything I tried works well on cci.

Diamondback 22- I fired one which worked and shot fine. But a good s&w .22 will outshoot it. They do look nice.

Worst I bought? Grendel P10. It was surprisingly accurate for a pocket gun, but would occasionally fling a live round over your head and slam shut on an empty chamber. Without a slow mo camera back then, we had no idea how it did that (and still don't know- I got rid of it).

-Dave
 
Controversial opinions:

G43x
Every time I shot, it would pinch my finger or hand between the mag well and magazine. I let the Mrs try it. She didn't like it either, so I traded it off.

Hellcat
Friend let me try his, and the trigger was one of the worse I've felt in my life. Recoil was worse than my 365.
 
Marlin 1894CS, in .357 when Marlin was still making them. Would not feed, sharp internal edges, sloppy dovetail made sights loose, canted barrel, dog crap trigger, wood-to-metal fit like the Grand Canyon, just a general piece of junky crap that would have been better used as a Chinese fence post. A sloppy AK was more reliable. Rejoiced the day I sold it.

The new Ru-Mar weapons are a 1,000% improvement.
 
CZ SP01, CZ 75BD- Just OK all metals guns that seemed to me to have MORE recoil than my plastic Glock.
IMI Uzi Model B- Worked fine. Fed everything . Just way too heavy for a 9mm and that was even with the metal or wood stock.
 
Forgot my Bersa Firestorm .380. I liked the cold war pistol look/ feel especially with nice wood grips.

What I didn't like was my hand being battered to 💩 because it was a blowback pistol. I am not recoil sensitive or anything, but the web of my hand was raw, red and blistered from like 40 rounds. The gun itself was super comfortable to hold carry, but my firing hand didn't like it and I knew if it's not fun/comfortable to shoot I would make excuses not to practice with it.

You wouldn't think a blowback .380 in a steel gun would be an issue like that. My friend tried it and after two mags came to the same conclusion.
 
Beretta 21A in .22LR for the ultimate mouse gun!
Famous quality brand, DA/SA, thumb safety, should be great, right?

All ammo brands stuck the fired cases in the chamber at least once a mag, even Mini-Mags.
Chamber polishing changed nothing.

With the tip-up barrel design, there is no extractor.
You can't just rack the slide to get the fired case out, you have to open the barrel to pry the fired case out of the chamber with your pocketknife.
While holding the gun and open barrel in one hand and your pocketknife in the other, don't let the chamber end of the barrel rise too high or the slide and recoil spring will pop off the frame.
Slide pop-off is just about a 1/4" higher than the barrel being open enough to reach the chamber, so you will get really, really good at reassembling the slide.
I traded it in to a dealer for $100 credit with the warning that it was junk.
Sigh.
 
Yes, the CZ P10C. The trigger is great, looks good, grip texture is good, etc.

But, the back point of the tang smashes my thumb knuckle with every shot and I can only get through 100 rounds. Then I spend the next three days in pain.
 
HK 45c

Just didn’t work for me at all, which was a huge disappointment because I still think they’re pure sex.

I have one too. I swapped out the base plate for one without the hand rest. The gun feels too top heavy and the grip is too smooth. The HK 45C is marginal for me.
 
Forgot my Bersa Firestorm .380. I liked the cold war pistol look/ feel especially with nice wood grips.

What I didn't like was my hand being battered to 💩 because it was a blowback pistol. I am not recoil sensitive or anything, but the web of my hand was raw, red and blistered from like 40 rounds. The gun itself was super comfortable to hold carry, but my firing hand didn't like it and I knew if it's not fun/comfortable to shoot I would make excuses not to practice with it.

You wouldn't think a blowback .380 in a steel gun would be an issue like that. My friend tried it and after two mags came to the same conclusion.

Same experience!
 
Max9. Didn’t like that the trigger would “catch” with side tension. Also slide finish is awful.
I just picked one up. It’s got to be better than the lc9 I had years ago. Haven’t shot it yet. It was on sale at SW. Picked up an extra mag and pinky extensions.
 
Back
Top Bottom