18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Is anybody actually selling anything here or at CalG?

I just sold a firearm accessory within a few days of posting it. Superfast.

If your items aren't selling they are either too "high end" or they are too high priced.

Anything priced right well sell quickly (hint, hint).
me lookin at the 30+ 1000$+ firearms on the classifieds rn.

wheres my 200 dollar beat to death bubbad surplus rifles 👺
 
I’m selling one tomorrow and purchased stuff. Things come and go pretty frequently. The thing is,, CGN market is a little older, this side tends to run a little younger. So the things that go fast are usually newer.
on top of that lot of the people here are from reddit. Known deal hogs and site crushers from the gundeals subreddit included.

people selling want to get what they put into it, buyers want a deal. disconnect leads to long post times (my own included :( )
 
I have been wondering the same. I think two contributing factors are the 11% additional tax (I think many people bought before the deadline and are done shopping for a bit) and the slew of new CA approved handguns recently released (again, people already spent their money).

EDIT: I love the fact that there is at least an attempt at a WTT section. I really hope it takes off.
I recently sold a pistol on CalGuns, I want to say a few of months ago? Before the site went to hell. It'd been up for over a year, off and on, before that. Other stuff I had up I literally gave up selling because there were no serious bites. I have yet to try here.

The bull💩 extra 11% "tax" on new purchases almost certainly will have to have a net positive effect to private party sellers, so much so that I expect the cadoj stooges to zero in on that market to try to stifle it in the coming years. Unless the court challenges to the "sin tax" infringement are successful.

As forums fall by the wayside and places like reddit and whatever take their place, the serious traffic to online forum "classifieds" will probably slow to a trickle, especially as older users essentially "age out" of going online, or shooting entirely.
 
As forums fall by the wayside and places like reddit and whatever take their place, the serious traffic to online forum "classifieds" will probably slow to a trickle, especially as older users essentially "age out" of going online, or shooting entirely.
We tend to think there will be a resurgence of forums in the future. Who knows though. Things go out of style and eventually come back into style.
 
It really just depends on what is being sold. I've been involved with two PPTs as a buyer from CGN so far this year, but always keep an eye out here for what's being sold as well. In my cases, they were off rosters and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time (and with the right price).

I will say that those listings that seem to drag on forever without being sold tend to be overpriced. As a result, you see those sellers on CGN with high post counts because they're constantly bumping their own thread.
Also, this...

The listing asking 100% over retail because "muh off-roster" doesn't help, the overpriced fudd/bubba "no lowballers, I know what I got" listing don't help, and the doofuses who forget things like... I dunno, price?! Those don't help.

I'm sure ikeo can verify, but I suspect that dudes who list things with plentiful information and reasonable asking prices are doing a brisk business. In sales, you quickly learn that volume is key. You can sell 1 thing a year at 200% upcharge because you found a mark, or you can sell 25 with a lower profit margin and be ahead of Mr. Upcharge by a country mile.
 
We tend to think there will be a resurgence of forums in the future. Who knows though. Things go out of style and eventually come back into style.
God I hope so. Reddit makes my left eye twitch.
 
on top of that lot of the people here are from reddit. Known deal hogs and site crushers from the gundeals subreddit included.

people selling want to get what they put into it, buyers want a deal. disconnect leads to long post times (my own included :( )
Yep, here deals sell instantly. I have several requests for saved search notifications. It’s an interesting mix of really good deals and more recently high end and collectible items. Those tend to stay a lot longer.

The folks from Reddit offer attractive pricing where I've noticed CG'ers tend to price higher. It's the old school gunshow type of strategy anticipating a haggle. Where Redditors, they just want to sell it and move on to the next piece. Usually stock not a lot of modifications.

Really interesting to see the trends from the different groups. The badges help me to identify the two too. lol
 
With this new 11% tax I have laid off with any new high end purchases, so with that said I am looking a bit more at other lessor items.
 
Having bought and sold many times on various venues I have one recommendation, remember the 3 P's of buying and selling: Price, Price, and Price. Hint: Price.

You really have to know the marketplace. This marketplace may not value certain items as highly as another marketplace. But regardless of the marketplace, you still have to price things so they sell.
 
the TLDR of why stuff doesn't sell is always price.

When the "deal" is too good to pass up, it sells quickly. If the item is priced at average market price, the buyers can be selective with the product such as condition, color, etc. If its priced too high, it will sit until you get the sucker that was born yesterday.
 
I’m just curious if anybody has had any luck selling here or at Calguns in the last year. I’m about to give up on PPT and send everything off to auction or consignment. For the last few years I’ve been buying and selling while I refined my collection. Nothing crazy but I’ve hit my PPT limit several years in a row. Since CalGun started getting weird last year I haven’t sold a thing. I’m about to give up and send everything off to Rock Island just to be done with it.
Sold a few items on CalGuns this year and so far 3 items here on CA Guns 🙏🏽 It seems that many are only looking for REALLY good deals especially when it comes to actual guns…..accessories seem to sell faster based on my experience…..I would say that I’ve gotten more “soft inquiries” versus serious buyer inquiries versus CalGuns 🤙🏽
 
I’m just curious if anybody has had any luck selling here or at Calguns in the last year. I’m about to give up on PPT and send everything off to auction or consignment. For the last few years I’ve been buying and selling while I refined my collection. Nothing crazy but I’ve hit my PPT limit several years in a row. Since CalGun started getting weird last year I haven’t sold a thing. I’m about to give up and send everything off to Rock Island just to be done with it.
I sold 2 uppers so far on here. I have 3 more I’m trying to sell, but it seems like it just needs time.
 
If you have been trying to "sell" something for a while and it just isn't selling. You need to be honest with yourself and realize you don't really want to sell it. It's not really for sale. If you are honest about wanting to make a sale, you will price the item so that it sells within a reasonable timeframe. Otherwise, you just aren't serious about selling it and you're basically playing games with yourself.
 
I had a semi auto shotgun that sat on Calguns.
It was a Turkish Hatsan Escort MPA that I bought when nothing was available after Covid. I took it to the Action Range at RRGC and had some of the shotgun /3 gun RO’s look at it . Did what they said. I put a couple hundred bucks in upgrades into it and priced it for sale to lose half my money. No takers at lowered price.
It’s a fun shotgun, but after a month of being listed I only got an offer to trade for soft body armor. Better then a Front Sight membership offer.
 
I had a semi auto shotgun that sat on Calguns.
It was a Turkish Hatsan Escort MPA that I bought when nothing was available after Covid. I took it to the Action Range at RRGC and had some of the shotgun /3 gun RO’s look at it . Did what they said. I put a couple hundred bucks in upgrades into it and priced it for sale to lose half my money. No takers at lowered price.
It’s a fun shotgun, but after a month of being listed I only got an offer to trade for soft body armor. Better then a Front Sight membership offer.


Okay, seriously....Mr. "Wanna trade for my body armor?" needs a friggin' time out or something.
 
With this new 11% tax I have laid off with any new high end purchases, so with that said I am looking a bit more at other lessor items.

I'm trying to tell myself I can wait until the CA VP9's start being sold off private party.

Trying.


And failing.

That extra $100 or so bucks is going to f*cking suuuuuuuck.
 
Back
Top Bottom