18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is springfield Prodigy a keeper?

Keep in mind what kind of mags you want to use. The HD P4 and platypus use Glock mags. Staccato is moving to proprietary mags in the other newer models. I have sunk a bunch of money into MBX mags so I won’t be adopting anything that doesn’t use them.
 
The new staccato on the roster is a going to be about $2500
Yeah but it's not a true 2011. My buddy has one already and isn't happy with it compared to his P. The grip is fatter, the CA performance co tools are 💩 and the trigger is crap. So buy it and you will still spend another 300 trying to fix all the things wrong with it. Then you are still stuck with fatter grip. Plus the CA version is short. Its only like the size of glock 19. Not impressed at all.
 
Yeah but it's not a true 2011. My buddy has one already and isn't happy with it compared to his P. The grip is fatter, the CA performance co tools are 💩 and the trigger is crap. So buy it and you will still spend another 300 trying to fix all the things wrong with it. Then you are still stuck with fatter grip. Plus the CA version is short. Its only like the size of glock 19. Not impressed at all.
Good to know those things. Doesn’t this use Glock magazines? May be that’s why it’s fatter.
 
Good to know those things. Doesn’t this use Glock magazines? May be that’s why it’s fatter.
That is the reason, bc it uses glock mags it has to be fatter. Also when you are used to shooting 2011s this grip feels like 💩. Plus you have to do extra work to disable the dumbass ass mag disconnect. Then you still need to buy an atlas trigger fir $60 plus install it and fix the scrappy stiock break wt.

Also with the short 4 25 barrell as well it is just not impressive for the price plus what you need to do to fix it.
 
Keep in mind what kind of mags you want to use. The HD P4 and platypus use Glock mags. Staccato is moving to proprietary mags in the other newer models. I have sunk a bunch of money into MBX mags so I won’t be adopting anything that doesn’t use them.
This is one of the most valid answers. Agree 💯% I have hundreds in grams springs for Atalas tubes and 5 tubes. I wont buy anything that doesnt accept 2011 mags either.
 
Hi all,
I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to entry level 2011/1911DS platform, but I do love to own one.
I know it is the hype with 2011s nowadays and a wide variety of guns to choose from, but man, I don't have that much of a budget to spend $4k - 5k on a decent 2011. Even a prodigy is already makes my heart pumping harder with CApremium prices.

Do you think Prodigy is a good entry one to keep? And does anyone know if they are trying to make the roster?😢
Had one and sold it 25-30shots later
it’s just not a good. Now you can make it better but at that point just buy a staccato or mpa or RCD
 
Hi all,
I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to entry level 2011/1911DS platform, but I do love to own one.
I know it is the hype with 2011s nowadays and a wide variety of guns to choose from, but man, I don't have that much of a budget to spend $4k - 5k on a decent 2011. Even a prodigy is already makes my heart pumping harder with CApremium prices.

Do you think Prodigy is a good entry one to keep? And does anyone know if they are trying to make the roster?😢
Dude we have SO MANY 2011 style guns in stock at, over, and under your price range. We have Alpha American on sale right now at lower than free state pricing. This is everything we have in stock RIGHT NOW, and we have a ton of options orderable. If you haven't come to our riverside or upland store, definitely pop in!! You won't find another shop with more selection in California and we price match all in stock items from competitors.

 
Here's a short, non-inclusive list of guns we SSE

Stealth Arms (platypus)
Zenith (mp5 clone pistols)
Atlas Gunworks
Akai Customs
Phoenix Trinity
Watchtower
Fusion Firearms
Nighthawk (limited stuff, not everything for full transparency)
Alpha American
Jacob Grey
Aero Precision
Zev
B&T
Bersa
Hayes Customs
CMMG
 
Dude we have SO MANY 2011 style guns in stock at, over, and under your price range. We have Alpha American on sale right now at lower than free state pricing. This is everything we have in stock RIGHT NOW, and we have a ton of options orderable. If you haven't come to our riverside or upland store, definitely pop in!! You won't find another shop with more selection in California and we price match all in stock items from competitors.

Still charging that 11% BS tax though?
 
Had one and sold it 25-30shots later
it’s just not a good. Now you can make it better but at that point just buy a staccato or mpa or RCD
You still missing the point you cannot buy staccato or MPA in CA without going through PPT which ppl double the price. Also what is RCD? You got me on that one but im sure it's probably not available in CA either?
 
You still missing the point you cannot buy staccato or MPA in CA without going through PPT which ppl double the price. Also what is RCD? You got me on that one but im sure it's probably not available in CA either?
I got mine in California and selling it to buy something else
But if you don’t wanna spend to get the entry level Staccato then my advice is don’t get a 2011. The prodigy comes with issues
My brother had 2 of them and I had one. Trash
RCD is Race City Defense like Atlas little brother company.
 
Lmao yeah nothing good?
It’s all atlas parts so no it’s like Rock island and Girsan
Yes, I have heard of Race city but nothing good, also nothing horrible. I just havent heard enough about them from anyone who uses it. There isn't a single person I know who uses one and I shoot matches from north of LA to SD and west to Nevada. So if they were that good I feel like I would have run I to someone who likes it enough to use in comp. So again have heard nothing good on the brand.
 
Dude we have SO MANY 2011 style guns in stock at, over, and under your price range. We have Alpha American on sale right now at lower than free state pricing. This is everything we have in stock RIGHT NOW, and we have a ton of options orderable. If you haven't come to our riverside or upland store, definitely pop in!! You won't find another shop with more selection in California and we price match all in stock items from competitors.

Any staccato Ps?
 
If your willing to work out the kinks ($$)and have a gunsmith in mind they can be great. I had one. Got it polished still jammed didn't like the expensive mags either decided to sell it and looks for a 2011 that takes glock mags.
 
Back
Top Bottom