By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com ā free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
SanteeWhich Sportsman's location is this at?
I believe that can be corrected.I blame autocorrect?![]()
Meaning my FFL must be getting it very soon if not yet. I put my fully paid order I think in May. I hope it should stand fairly early in queueRifle Gear got 10 full size PDPs last week. It sold out in 30 minutes
Nice. Theres no reason for anyone to spend more than what the PDP costs on a gen 3 Glock.Range report: The PDP compact is a sweet shooter, although it takes a little bit to get used to it. As described elsewhere, it's a fast recoil pulse, but it comes right back on target very quickly. I did need to adjust my grip slightly, the takedown catch was rubbing against the side of my support hand thumb in a not good way until I made that slight adjustment. I don't care for the OEM sights, although a set of Ameriglo GL-429's are already on the way and should be here day after tomorrow... so didn't bother to adjust tonight for the two-inch left POI (the rear sight was slightly off center out of the box). Shot 100 rounds, completely reliable, no issues. These were mostly some relatively warm 135gr TC coated reloads, plus a few AE147 and AE124 FMJ.
Early impression is that it's an easy pistol to shoot relatively accurately and it wants to go fast... couldn't do that tonight, but later I'll get to the outdoor range where I can work from the holster at various distances. The trigger is excellent. The 10-round mags are easy to load full. Still need to order a dot. Have not had time to try different backstraps yet. It's a little different feel than anything in my recent experience (mostly HK, Glock) and may take a little experimentation to get the most out of it.
Just swapped backstraps, and it turns out that anything but the medium works better for me. Ended up going with the large backstrap because it gives me just the right amount of room for getting my support hand on the grip texture, and it also moves my thumb off the spot that was abrading. The pistol now indexes better for me also. The small would have worked too, in a different way, but didn't feel quite as solid as the large. Something about the medium was just proportionally off for my hands though. Large glove size.
Got a notification that my new sights have arrived a day early, so off to the post office. This afternoon I'll be replacing the plastic dovetail protectors.
I'm going with the Vortex Defender ST enclosed, which is DPP footprint. Enclosed because I do a lot of backcountry carry.What optic did you decide on?
Nice Iām very interested in trying one of those or the ccw version out, but donāt yet have a gun to put one on lolI'm going with the Vortex Defender ST enclosed, which is DPP footprint. Enclosed because I do a lot of backcountry carry.
Good opportunity to address those things.I'm liking the look of that compact. I'll wait a bit regarding the removal of the mag disconnect. And possibly something to plug up that LCI.
My buddy got the full size PDP, I'll mooch and shoot his first before I decide. I got enough full size pistols.Good opportunity to address those things.
First, I don't like to alter a carry pistol beyond sights/optics. In this case I'm not seeing the need. The disconnect doesn't seem to affect the trigger, I'm getting a 4lb pull which is already a little lighter than I'd like, and a nice crisp break and short reset. My only concern was if it would result in an over-complicated takedown, in part because the disconnect description in the California addendum manual is a mess. Someone transposed part of the text, so what happens with a mag in or out is partially reversed. If you've read it and it doesn't make sense, that's because... it really doesn't. If anyone with real-world experience had bothered to review that text it never would have made it out the door.
What's working for me so far is: With a mag in, lock the slide back, make sure the pistol is empty. Once clear, release the slide (slowly) forward, point the pistol at the ground/in a safe direction, and pull the trigger (same as with a Glock). So far we're pretty close to what Walther says. But after the trigger pull, I just drop the mag, pull down on the takedown catch, and pull the slide forward off the frame. No need to slightly pull the slide back as with a Glock, it just comes right off without that extra step. Very simple, the only extra is dropping the mag mid process. If I'm missing anything perhaps someone will let us know, but it is working.
The LCI isn't visible with the taller sights I just installed, and will be even less so once an optic is installed. There was no evidence of blowback residue on the top of the slide after 100 rounds last night, will keep an eye on that going forward. I don't really care for top-mounted LCI's, but at least Walther did this one tastefully, the "loaded when up" text is a mid-tone color of modest size and not the glaring deep-engraved and white filled text that some others have used. Yes, we know coffee may be hot, and to always treat all guns as if they are loaded and clear them again.
Thatās funny, I have the opposite problem of too many compacts.My buddy got the full size PDP, I'll mooch and shoot his first before I decide. I got enough full size pistols.
My buddy got the full size PDP, I'll mooch and shoot his first before I decide. I got enough full size pistols.
Thatās funny, I have the opposite problem of too many compacts.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, youāll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.šø We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!