- Messages
- 864
I use saved searches all the time on Gunbroker. I've scored some nice items over the years!!I'd like to have saved classified searches that send a notification when a new matching post is added.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I use saved searches all the time on Gunbroker. I've scored some nice items over the years!!I'd like to have saved classified searches that send a notification when a new matching post is added.
Lower right hand corner is our discord channel.Not sure if there's any legality behind it but possibly a shoutbox on the home page?
Shoutbox being a place where verified users that are online can talk to other users that are online in real-time. Obviously would have to have some restrictions for spam, and specific keywords that should not be included in the messages.
Example:
View attachment 35890
We have saved search for supporters. We don’t do notifications to keep things fair for everyone. I’ve thought about it but don’t want to give too big an advantage.I'd like to have saved classified searches that send a notification when a new matching post is added.
I hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.Lower right hand corner is our discord channel.
We have saved search for supporters. We don’t do notifications to keep things fair for everyone. I’ve thought about it but don’t want to give too big an advantage.
It’s available for subscribers we dont do notifications though. It’s too expensive to do.I hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.
I think search notifications benefit both buyers and sellers. Manually running the same search every day can be tedious, and I might go a month without checking the ads. A notification could mean the item gets sold faster, making both parties happy.
caguns.net
Just moved this out of the supporters channel. Our search feature here is pretty computationally expensive so we can’t offer it for everyone. The people that support the site really help support it for other folksI hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.
I think search notifications benefit both buyers and sellers. Manually running the same search every day can be tedious, and I might go a month without checking the ads. A notification could mean the item gets sold faster, making both parties happy.
You can delete in any section as of now, there's nothing preventing you from deleting. Edit time will be increased to 6 hours after the migration.Probably asked requested. Allow more time to edit and unlimited time to delete topic (based on location). I can understand not deleting posts from Marketplace, but other areas please.
Try now. That looks to be like my mistake... I've also bumped the edit time to 6 hours while I was at it.Great news on the edit time. I do not see the delete next to report even after hovering my mouse for awhile.
Update: Delete also appears to have a time limit. It shows on this post, but not the one I posted at 2:43 today in announcements.
We don't allow bulk messages. It's too easily abused. There is an offer feature but buyer to seller not seller to buyer. I think that might be in the works by the dev but not something I'm following.@ikeo1 - Please correct me if this already exists, or was already suggested, but it would be amazing to have a feature where you can bulk message people watching your classified ads.
eBay has this feature and I can often get a sale by offering 5/10% off.
Thanks!
I know about the Keyword issue. After migration, this will be addressed.Ive got two things in mind.
It seems like the keyword search is a bit broken? When you start typing in the field it shows a list of the titles that match in the search field. Also it seems to only check titles? Seems rather odd to me at least. I have been using search description instead which in the case of cz handguns in my area gave me 3x the results.
Maybe this is a silly thing but Id like to have my filters stay instead of going back to default every time I change section of the classifieds. For instance my location didn't change whether I am looking for long guns or handguns.
Yes, I noticed that. However, users can just change the price in the above section vs using the sale price section
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!