18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Next Feature? What would you like to see?

Not sure if there's any legality behind it but possibly a shoutbox on the home page?

Shoutbox being a place where verified users that are online can talk to other users that are online in real-time. Obviously would have to have some restrictions for spam, and specific keywords that should not be included in the messages.

Example:
View attachment 35890
Lower right hand corner is our discord channel.
I'd like to have saved classified searches that send a notification when a new matching post is added.
We have saved search for supporters. We don’t do notifications to keep things fair for everyone. I’ve thought about it but don’t want to give too big an advantage.
 
Lower right hand corner is our discord channel.

We have saved search for supporters. We don’t do notifications to keep things fair for everyone. I’ve thought about it but don’t want to give too big an advantage.
I hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.

I think search notifications benefit both buyers and sellers. Manually running the same search every day can be tedious, and I might go a month without checking the ads. A notification could mean the item gets sold faster, making both parties happy.
 
I hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.

I think search notifications benefit both buyers and sellers. Manually running the same search every day can be tedious, and I might go a month without checking the ads. A notification could mean the item gets sold faster, making both parties happy.
It’s available for subscribers we dont do notifications though. It’s too expensive to do.

 
I hadn’t really thought about the fairness aspect before. It’s a common feature on OfferUp, and one I’d even consider donating for—though probably just when I needed it. Maybe delaying the notification by a day or two would level the playing field, giving everyone an equal chance.

I think search notifications benefit both buyers and sellers. Manually running the same search every day can be tedious, and I might go a month without checking the ads. A notification could mean the item gets sold faster, making both parties happy.
Just moved this out of the supporters channel. Our search feature here is pretty computationally expensive so we can’t offer it for everyone. The people that support the site really help support it for other folks

 
Probably asked requested. Allow more time to edit and unlimited time to delete topic (based on location). I can understand not deleting posts from Marketplace, but other areas please.
 
Probably asked requested. Allow more time to edit and unlimited time to delete topic (based on location). I can understand not deleting posts from Marketplace, but other areas please.
You can delete in any section as of now, there's nothing preventing you from deleting. Edit time will be increased to 6 hours after the migration.
 
Great news on the edit time. I do not see the delete next to report even after hovering my mouse for awhile.

Update: Delete also appears to have a time limit. It shows on this post, but not the one I posted at 2:43 today in announcements.
 
Great news on the edit time. I do not see the delete next to report even after hovering my mouse for awhile.

Update: Delete also appears to have a time limit. It shows on this post, but not the one I posted at 2:43 today in announcements.
Try now. That looks to be like my mistake... I've also bumped the edit time to 6 hours while I was at it.
 
@ikeo1 - Please correct me if this already exists, or was already suggested, but it would be amazing to have a feature where you can bulk message people watching your classified ads.

eBay has this feature and I can often get a sale by offering 5/10% off.

Thanks!
 
Wouldn't they just offer you less if that's what they were willing to pay? It's tough to make an offer on eBay sometimes but here its as easy as asking.
 
@ikeo1 - Please correct me if this already exists, or was already suggested, but it would be amazing to have a feature where you can bulk message people watching your classified ads.

eBay has this feature and I can often get a sale by offering 5/10% off.

Thanks!
We don't allow bulk messages. It's too easily abused. There is an offer feature but buyer to seller not seller to buyer. I think that might be in the works by the dev but not something I'm following.
 
Changes to price in classified section. When user changes the price, automagically strike out the old price and add new. Allows users to see changes of price either up or down. It appears this is manually done by each user.
 
Changes to price in classified section. When user changes the price, automagically strike out the old price and add new. Allows users to see changes of price either up or down. It appears this is manually done by each user.

This exists... Original price on top. Sale price below.

Screenshot 2025-02-18 at 11.42.56 AM.png


Example:
 
Ive got two things in mind.

It seems like the keyword search is a bit broken? When you start typing in the field it shows a list of the titles that match in the search field. Also it seems to only check titles? Seems rather odd to me at least. I have been using search description instead which in the case of cz handguns in my area gave me 3x the results.


Maybe this is a silly thing but Id like to have my filters stay instead of going back to default every time I change section of the classifieds. For instance my location didn't change whether I am looking for long guns or handguns.
I know about the Keyword issue. After migration, this will be addressed.

Saved search is a paid feature but i'll look into the issue you're describing. I think i get it. The issue is you are rerendering the page up top. That takes precedence over the search feature. Saved search, you would save your search values and just go from there.
 
Back
Top Bottom