18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

RIP $1,500 Glock 43x

I don’t believe I did that but okay. I stated why I choose to buy off roster based on personal experience. Never said every model will fail, the point is there is opportunity no matter how slim. If I can afford to eliminate that why wouldn’t I? What other people choose to do with their money is on them?

To be clear I haven’t spent two times let alone three on a single off roster I own. You can be smart how you approach that purchase if you show some patience and or get lucky.
You can also just remove it lol if it bothers you
 
I don’t believe I did that but okay. I stated why I choose to buy off roster based on personal experience. Never said every model will fail, the point is there is opportunity no matter how slim. If I can afford to eliminate that why wouldn’t I? What other people choose to do with their money is on them?

To be clear I haven’t spent two times let alone three on a single off roster I own. You can be smart how you approach that purchase if you show some patience and or get lucky.
Well said. I have plenty of off roster firearms that I purchased for slightly over retail. People can do what they want with their money. You have to look at it from a community standpoint. If no one buys an off roster pistol for an exorbitant price, then the sellers will have to lower the price. Then the price point for that off roster pistol will be much lower for everyone.
 
Why? If I can purchase an off roster? Not every situation allows removal. What if my IA doesn’t allow it and I want it on my permit?

What if I want my gun to have value outside of CA if I chose to sell?
My IA is very harsh on the no safety modifications rule. Some are very lucky to have a relaxed IA.
 
Why? If I can purchase an off roster? Not every situation allows removal. What if my IA doesn’t allow it and I want it on my permit?

What if I want my gun to have value outside of CA if I chose to sell?
You can't remove it from a P226? I mean sure it's your money to burn, I'd rather get more ammo and training. Invest the money into the S&P 500 if you're worried about resell value lol. You can justify however you want but no need to mislead people and pretend it's an issue when it's not. Why would you need to sell your guns outside of CA anyways? Just sell them here if you're moving. No other market will pay more than CA. Silly thing to say, really. In fact you are contradicting yourself because you would lose far more money spending your 200-300% off roster premium here then later selling at normal used prices out of state... hahah.... reality check but nobody else is paying MSRP for a used gun out of state lmao, maybe you'll get 30% back of whatever off roster price you paid.

Like the guy asking the clown world price of like 3.5k for a P226, what do you think that will sell for after you buy it then move out of state and list for sale? Think things through.
 
You can't remove it from a P226? I mean sure it's your money to burn, I'd rather get more ammo and training. Invest the money into the S&P 500 if you're worried about resell value lol. You can justify however you want but no need to mislead people and pretend it's an issue when it's not. Why would you need to sell your guns outside of CA anyways? Just sell them here if you're moving. No other market will pay more than CA. Silly thing to say, really. In fact you are contradicting yourself because you would lose far more money spending your 200-300% off roster premium here then later selling at normal used prices out of state... hahah.... reality check but nobody else is paying MSRP for a used gun out of state lmao, maybe you'll get 30% back of whatever off roster price you paid.

Like the guy asking the clown world price of like 3.5k for a P226, what do you think that will sell for after you buy it then move out of state and list for sale? Think things through.

And what do you think you will get for a CA gun? Do you know what I paid for mine? Are there even on roster versions of what’s in my safe? Do you know what I can afford?

lol so much unknown yet you insist on telling me how to spend my money man.

I never told people not to make a choice for themselves. What I do might not make sense for other people, it makes sense to me and that’s all that matters.

Not going to sit here going back and forth with you over MY wallet lol.

Only 226 I own is an x5 Legion…let me know how much the roster version cost you…oh wait…nvm
 
And what do you think you will get for a CA gun? Do you know what I paid for mine? Are there even on roster versions of what’s in my safe? Do you know what I can afford?

lol so much unknown yet you insist on telling me how to spend my money man.

I never told people not to make a choice for themselves. What I do might not make sense for other people, it makes sense to me and that’s all that matters.

Not going to sit here going back and forth with you over MY wallet lol.

Only 226 I own is an x5 Legion…let me know how much the roster version cost you…oh wait…nvm
Nah I never told you how to spend your money, in fact I said the opposite of that. How much is a used X5 Legion worth out of state? $1400?
 
Nah I never told you how to spend your money, in fact I said the opposite of that. How much is a used X5 Legion worth out of state? $1400?

The funny thing is you are arguing against the same comment you liked this morning. All I did was repost it because someone asked for it.

Now you want to argue against it 12 hours later. You get bored? I’m done with it, have a good night man.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2692.webp
    IMG_2692.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 13
The funny thing is you are arguing against the same comment you liked this morning. All I did was repost it because someone asked for it.

Now you want to argue against it 12 hours later. You get bored? I’m done with it, have a good night man.
You don't comprehend what I say, that's why

I like off roster guns, and wasting money, that's why I raced moto for 13 years

However I don't like justifying it by false means like "on roster guns will fail and we will all die because of a LCI!!!!!!111 (paraphrased)" FUD/fear mongering not cool. My M18 has a LCI I can't even see and it took me about 90 seconds to remove the MD. Yawn.
 
I have noticed a huge uptick in Glock 43X sales on CAGuns since it made the roster. Quite hilarious to watch. I hope the rest of the favorites make it as well. They're all pretty much the same gun inside
 
Why? If I can purchase an off roster? Not every situation allows removal. What if my IA doesn’t allow it and I want it on my permit?

What if I want my gun to have value outside of CA if I chose to sell?
You're not getting much value buying offrosters in CA if you think it would sell for the same outside of CA.

G43X is like $300 used gun all day out of state.
 
You can't remove it from a P226? I mean sure it's your money to burn, I'd rather get more ammo and training. Invest the money into the S&P 500 if you're worried about resell value lol. You can justify however you want but no need to mislead people and pretend it's an issue when it's not. Why would you need to sell your guns outside of CA anyways? Just sell them here if you're moving. No other market will pay more than CA. Silly thing to say, really. In fact you are contradicting yourself because you would lose far more money spending your 200-300% off roster premium here then later selling at normal used prices out of state... hahah.... reality check but nobody else is paying MSRP for a used gun out of state lmao, maybe you'll get 30% back of whatever off roster price you paid.

Like the guy asking the clown world price of like 3.5k for a P226, what do you think that will sell for after you buy it then move out of state and list for sale? Think things through.

It’s an issue for a handful of reasons:
Issue 1:
On the P226/P229 it’s well documented the MD can fail and cause catastrophic failure when it does. You can replace the locking block with a $70 part or just remove it. This doesn’t mean every gun that has an MD will fail, but any time you put extra parts in a mechanical system you are adding more points of failure, and these parts serve no purpose to me.

Issue 2:
The LCI on the P226. I have a Cali P226 and I thought about getting the optic cut slide, but because my barrel is notched for an LCI if I bought the optic slide there would be a gap where gasses would escape and coat my optic. So I would also have to buy a non LCI barrel. I ended up abandoning the idea because it would have cost too much to buy all of that. Again LCI not needed, I know how press check.

Issue 3:
When you compete, at the end of the stage the instructions are “slide, trigger, holster” meaning, close the chamber and pull the trigger and then holster the gun. If you have a MD you have to insert an empty magazine to make the gun go click, so now you have an extra step. Some guns (p226) it’s really easy to remove the MD, some guns (PDP) it’s not as easy. The P365 if you are not careful removing the MD you have to have the FCU completely rebuilt.

Like the other guy said, you get to pick what you spend your money on as do we, but here are some reasons I personally try to avoid MDs/LCIs and would pay a bit extra for the off roster version.
 
It’s an issue for a handful of reasons:
Issue 1:
On the P226/P229 it’s well documented the MD can fail and cause catastrophic failure when it does. You can replace the locking block with a $70 part or just remove it. This doesn’t mean every gun that has an MD will fail, but any time you put extra parts in a mechanical system you are adding more points of failure, and these parts serve no purpose to me.

Issue 2:
The LCI on the P226. I have a Cali P226 and I thought about getting the optic cut slide, but because my barrel is notched for an LCI if I bought the optic slide there would be a gap where gasses would escape and coat my optic. So I would also have to buy a non LCI barrel. I ended up abandoning the idea because it would have cost too much to buy all of that. Again LCI not needed, I know how press check.

Issue 3:
When you compete, at the end of the stage the instructions are “slide, trigger, holster” meaning, close the chamber and pull the trigger and then holster the gun. If you have a MD you have to insert an empty magazine to make the gun go click, so now you have an extra step. Some guns (p226) it’s really easy to remove the MD, some guns (PDP) it’s not as easy. The P365 if you are not careful removing the MD you have to have the FCU completely rebuilt.

Like the other guy said, you get to pick what you spend your money on as do we, but here are some reasons I personally try to avoid MDs/LCIs and would pay a bit extra for the off roster version.
Well, competing is total different than purchasing a pistol for self defense. One has to abide by the regulations set forth by the entity that is sponsoring the competition.
 
You're not getting much value buying offrosters in CA if you think it would sell for the same outside of CA.

G43X is like $300 used gun all day out of state.

Yea I am not expecting full value by any means but I also don’t buy Glocks like that which is one of the ones that has a larger disparity from CA to free states.

I have sold guns out of state and have changed from and to CA residency over the years.

If people are paying 1500/2000+ for theirs so be it. I got my G19.6 new in PPT for $900 with a bunch of goodies. Patience goes a long way.

Edit: And to be honest some guns I just want and will get anyway. Like I’m sure I’ll grab a TS3 at some point fully understanding I’m being openly robbed price wise. It’s part of what can come with this hobby in CA until it gets fixed.
 
Last edited:
It’s an issue for a handful of reasons:
Issue 1:
On the P226/P229 it’s well documented the MD can fail and cause catastrophic failure when it does. You can replace the locking block with a $70 part or just remove it. This doesn’t mean every gun that has an MD will fail, but any time you put extra parts in a mechanical system you are adding more points of failure, and these parts serve no purpose to me.

Issue 2:
The LCI on the P226. I have a Cali P226 and I thought about getting the optic cut slide, but because my barrel is notched for an LCI if I bought the optic slide there would be a gap where gasses would escape and coat my optic. So I would also have to buy a non LCI barrel. I ended up abandoning the idea because it would have cost too much to buy all of that. Again LCI not needed, I know how press check.

Issue 3:
When you compete, at the end of the stage the instructions are “slide, trigger, holster” meaning, close the chamber and pull the trigger and then holster the gun. If you have a MD you have to insert an empty magazine to make the gun go click, so now you have an extra step. Some guns (p226) it’s really easy to remove the MD, some guns (PDP) it’s not as easy. The P365 if you are not careful removing the MD you have to have the FCU completely rebuilt.

Like the other guy said, you get to pick what you spend your money on as do we, but here are some reasons I personally try to avoid MDs/LCIs and would pay a bit extra for the off roster version.
Blessed to have an off roster MK25 haha

Pretty sure it’s super easy to remove the MD and even the safety on the P365. Yeah I think everyone hates the intrusive LCI and MD. HK did it well with the little red colored blade that shows to the side on the extractor. I’d pay a little extra. Definitely not paying $3500 lmao
 
Yea I am not expecting full value by any means but I also don’t buy Glocks like that which is one of the ones that has a larger disparity from CA to free states.

I have sold guns out of state and have changed from and to CA residency over the years.

If people are paying 1500/2000+ for theirs so be it. I got my G19.6 new in PPT for $900 with a bunch of goodies. Patience goes a long way.

Edit: And to be honest some guns I just want and will get anyway. Like I’m sure I’ll grab a TS3 at some point fully understanding I’m being openly robbed price wise. It’s part of what can come with this hobby in CA until it gets fixed.
$900 seems way below what people are asking for gen 6 glocks
 
$900 seems way below what people are asking for gen 6 glocks

That's why I was trying to tell you off roster hurts but it doesn't have to be as bad as jumping at the first insane listing.

I got my new Staccato XC for $6k (Yes a lot of money)...but people are asking that for bare XC. Mine came with a bunch of stuff...6-8 mags (can't remember exact amount), X300T ,SRO, Atlas Trigger, Extra stippled grip by DSP, Extra Springs, Multiple optics plates, Two Gcode holster setups, etc.

All my purchases look like this, I try and be as smart as possible while understanding you're still going to have to pay to play.
 
Last edited:
People were actually buying glocks for $1500? Jeez, for that price, you can get some nice lightly used off-roster stuff via consignment or PPT'd.
 
I thought none of the guns had micro stamping.. that the technology is too unrealistic to be implemented etc etc
They can laser etch a series of numbers on the girdle of a diamond. You really don’t think this tech exists or can exist? Forensics can use a firing pin impression to link a casing to a gun same with the barrel rifling. They are like fingerprints. Tech is there- just a matter of time and money.

Control the masses in every aspect- no privacy.
 
Back
Top Bottom