18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Stacatto P4 made the roster

I wonder if the series80 style trigger (with firing pin block) of the P4 feels noticeably different than the other series70 style staccato 2011s.
 
I've only dry fired the P4, the trigger is definitely not as nice as the one on my P. But it's by no means "bad".
 
I've only dry fired the P4, the trigger is definitely not as nice as the one on my P. But it's by no means "bad".
but is the p4 trigger worth $3000+ after sin tax? 😗

It’s incredibly great news we’re getting modern 2011 options on the roster though!
 
Last edited:
but is the p4 trigger worth $3000+ after sin tax? 😗
It’s incredibly great news we’re getting modern 2011 options on the roster though!

Probably not, but I'm gonna get one anyway lol.

Here's how I break it down, pertinent only to myself. I want a ccw gun that fulfills the following:

- 9mm.
- Optic ready.
- Roughly glock 19/19x shaped.
- 10 round and normal cap mags available.
- Lefty controls (this point is kinda pinned because of the mag release problem brought up by the Staccato rep earlier in the thread.)
- Shootable enough to need zero mods out of the box.
- Not SSE (don't want to mess with paperworking it as a semi auto for ccw)

So based on all that... the PDP compact is my perfect gun for way less money. But I'll probably get the P4 anyway just because it fills all the above, and I think it looks cool.

forgot to mention I already have the pdp c lol.
 
Last edited:
Really wanted this, but the reviews seem to indicate issues with pinching due to the safety, so it has put me off to this.
I'll wait to hear more experiences with the CA model before deciding to get one or not.

If Kimber gets the 2k11 to CA, then I think it's a far better value at this price point.
 
but is the p4 trigger worth $3000+ after sin tax? 😗


Probably not, but I'm gonna get one anyway lol.

Here's how I break it down, pertinent only to myself. I want a ccw gun that fulfills the following:

- 9mm.
- Optic ready.
- Roughly glock 19/19x shaped.
- 10 round and normal cap mags available.
- Lefty controls (this point is kinda pinned because of the mag release problem brought up by the Staccato rep earlier in the thread.)
- Shootable enough to need zero mods out of the box.
- Not SSE (don't want to mess with paperworking it as a semi auto for ccw)

So based on all that... the PDP compact is my perfect gun for way less money. But I'll probably get the P4 anyway just because it fills all the above, and I think it looks cool.

forgot to mention I already have the pdp c lol.
Sounds like you might be better off with a staccato CS.. just sayin
 
Really wanted this, but the reviews seem to indicate issues with pinching due to the safety, so it has put me off to this.
I'll wait to hear more experiences with the CA model before deciding to get one or not.

If Kimber gets the 2k11 to CA, then I think it's a far better value at this price point.
Kimber!???
 
but is the p4 trigger worth $3000+ after sin tax? 😗


Probably not, but I'm gonna get one anyway lol.

Here's how I break it down, pertinent only to myself. I want a ccw gun that fulfills the following:

- 9mm.
- Optic ready.
- Roughly glock 19/19x shaped.
- 10 round and normal cap mags available.
- Lefty controls (this point is kinda pinned because of the mag release problem brought up by the Staccato rep earlier in the thread.)
- Shootable enough to need zero mods out of the box.
- Not SSE (don't want to mess with paperworking it as a semi auto for ccw)

So based on all that... the PDP compact is my perfect gun for way less money. But I'll probably get the P4 anyway just because it fills all the above, and I think it looks cool.

forgot to mention I already have the pdp c lol.
I’m pretty much where you are at plus I want a gun that has good holster offerings. It’s gonna come down to the HD or C for me. However from all the reviews it seems like the HD is a bit thick so I really need to get my hands on one at the local range.
 
If this is true, you just lost most of the competition crowd. Can you please check on this? I was all set to buy a 4.5 for Limited Optics when they came out, but not if I can’t remove the mag disconnect.
Lmao he’s not going to tell you that you can do something that would possibly get them in legal troubles.
We will see when people get their hands on them
 
Lmao he’s not going to tell you that you can do something that would possibly get them in legal troubles.
We will see when people get their hands on them
There’s nothing illegal about modifying your own gun to remove a mag disconnect. There’s nothing illegal about buying or selling a gun that has had the mag disconnect removed in a private party transfer, either. Suggesting that Staccato could somehow get into “legal troubles” by acknowledging whether a legal activity is even possible on their gun is just pure FUD.
 
There’s nothing illegal about modifying your own gun to remove a mag disconnect. There’s nothing illegal about buying or selling a gun that has had the mag disconnect removed in a private party transfer, either. Suggesting that Staccato could somehow get into “legal troubles” by acknowledging whether a legal activity is even possible on their gun is just pure FUD.
Tell that to their lawyers
 
If this is true, you just lost most of the competition crowd. Can you please check on this? I was all set to buy a 4.5 for Limited Optics when they came out, but not if I can’t remove the mag disconnect.
This isn’t something the manufacturer should really need to disclose. This type of modification will come from others. In time we’ll find out.

Most of the people who buy Staccatos are enthusiasts or LEO. This opening up to a wider market is a good move. Let’s just celebrate it’s here.
 
There’s nothing illegal about modifying your own gun to remove a mag disconnect. There’s nothing illegal about buying or selling a gun that has had the mag disconnect removed in a private party transfer, either. Suggesting that Staccato could somehow get into “legal troubles” by acknowledging whether a legal activity is even possible on their gun is just pure FUD.
They just jumped through all the hoops to get on the CA roster. In which I’m sure through all that paperwork there is some language that the LCI and Mag disco are permanent on the gun. You think they’re just going to tell some schmuck on the interwebs how to bypass everything they just got passed?! Staccato along with every other manufacture on the roster aren’t going to openly disclose a “work around.” As stated above, a third party will manufacture a fix at some point to eliminate LCI and MD.
 
They just jumped through all the hoops to get on the CA roster. In which I’m sure through all that paperwork there is some language that the LCI and Mag disco are permanent on the gun. You think they’re just going to tell some schmuck on the interwebs how to bypass everything they just got passed?! Staccato along with every other manufacture on the roster aren’t going to openly disclose a “work around.” As stated above, a third party will manufacture a fix at some point to eliminate LCI and MD.
More FUD. California does not require a “permanent” mag disconnect on new guns. I take it you’ve never spent the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to remove a mag disconnect from a SIG or even a Buck Mark. A gun buyer removing the mag disconnect does not “bypass” the requirement for FFLs to sell new guns introduced into the state as they are approved on the roster. Those requirements don’t apply to buyers. A buyer removing a mag disconnect is not a “work around” to a roster requirement for new gun sales by FFLs. And no third party will need to manufacture any sort of fix. Google “removing a magazine disconnect” or search it on YouTube if you’ve really never done it.
 
Feel like I’m arguing with a 12 year old. The point of the post is, don’t expect Staccato to hold your hand and walk you through it. We all know how dumb CA is. Why would they risk it for you? We all know it’s standard practice to remove the disconnect.

And if you don’t want to deal with it, quit motherless 🐐in’! Don’t be a poor and buy a legit 2011 or model without the mag disco and LCI. Pretty simple fix if you ask me… I don’t buy CA models because I don’t want to deal with the BS.
 
More FUD. California does not require a “permanent” mag disconnect on new guns. I take it you’ve never spent the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to remove a mag disconnect from a SIG or even a Buck Mark. A gun buyer removing the mag disconnect does not “bypass” the requirement for FFLs to sell new guns introduced into the state as they are approved on the roster. Those requirements don’t apply to buyers. A buyer removing a mag disconnect is not a “work around” to a roster requirement for new gun sales by FFLs. And no third party will need to manufacture any sort of fix. Google “removing a magazine disconnect” or search it on YouTube if you’ve really never done it.
You might want to wait til you can google how to do it then. Let’s get the firearm out here to CA on Roster as a first step. The MD will resolve itself and doubt you can find a manufacturer that will provide instructions or mention how to defeat the “safety device” they installed as a requirement if CA on Google. Your only other option is PPT, but you have options, just need to be patient. From my understanding they aren’t even here yet. Zoom your perspective out a little.

I’m seeing a lot of new additions and manufacturers lately. Let’s also help @kmoros to help with his push for CA. 😉

We’re seeing a lot of change in the space. Staccato finally coming to CA is a big step. Canik also with their billboards. Rost Martin as well. The CA 2A community is a pretty strong one all things considered.

I’m stoked to see the community ecosystem growing here and in CA in general. I think there’s renewed energy and interest.
 
Considering Rost Martin won’t sell the performance trigger to CA because it removes the mag disco you gotta wonder if that’s something the lawyers told them not to do. Along the same line of thinking it’s probably a safer move not to disclose how to make the guns “unsafe” to the public.

Back to the gun itself, has anyone shot it and can give some feedback?
 
Back
Top Bottom