- Messages
- 401
- Classified ads
- 2
low low price of $3000 + tax i bet 
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
The around 500 dollar (in free states) VP9 became the $900+ "on-roster" VP9, plus tax, plus more tax.It does seem like guns that have an on roster version do have much more reasonable off roster prices. Looking at M&P 2.0 and a used off roster one doesn’t seem like too bad a deal once you account for taxes and lack of some features for the on roster versions.
Is that what happens once the vp9 came to the roster?
With +11% our taxes are already murderous.low low price of $3000 + tax i bet![]()
Err….VP9 OR is still 750-800 free state. Non OR yeah you can find 650ish. So we arent paying THAT much of a sticker premium. Minimal actually. I’ve only seen the OR in the stores. Tho we get killed in taxes. I mean buds is selling free state vp9L for slightly more than what I paid for my CA one
Off roster vP9 were/are around 1500 for now. That will probably come down as those are predominantly not OR in particular and the number of on roster vP9 “out there” increase. Think of what happened with p320 and p365. People try to get a premium for tricked out ones now but you can’t get a premium for one that is basically like a CA version granted in those guns taking out mag disconnect is silly easy
Absolutely, even if you take $2500 free price plus $300 for CA, 2800 plus 20% tax is still $3360. Once these hit the market in the free states what will people be asking for PPT Here? If an old Staccato P gets 3300-3800, I imagine a new HD P4 will be going for 4500- 5k early on... I'll wait for CA version would honestly rather pay the gun companies and the state than some of the people on here.I'm game for a HD P4 if the prices are close to free state prices, say maybe $300 more. Consider we make more money in California compared to other states (especially the free states) I'm not going to complain about our retail prices being higher (before taxes).
The ability to mount a RMR HD so low, ambi controls, extended slide release and mag release along with thumb indexing points are winners for me.
Absolutely, even if you take $2500 free price plus $300 for CA, 2800 plus 20% tax is still $3360. Once these hit the market in the free states what will people be asking for PPT Here? If an old Staccato P gets 3300-3800, I imagine a new HD P4 will be going for 4500- 5k early on... I'll wait for CA version would honestly rather pay the gun companies and the state than some of the people on here.
I'm game for a HD P4 if the prices are close to free state prices, say maybe $300 more. Consider we make more money in California compared to other states (especially the free states) I'm not going to complain about our retail prices being higher (before taxes).
The ability to mount a RMR HD so low, ambi controls, extended slide release and mag release along with thumb indexing points are winners for me.
Not saying I WANT to pay more but if I ever moved out of california I would lose at least 30K/year for the same job, so I expect stuff to cost more here. I justified buying off roster for slightly more then msrp as just the cali tax- just need to find the ones that are not ripping you off and they do come up, not everyone bends you overI'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying it's okay to pay more money for a product because you have a higher income??? With that being the case, it's okay for someone who makes less to pay less for the same product?
I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying it's okay to pay more money for a product because you have a higher income??? With that being the case, it's okay for someone who makes less to pay less for the same product?
We do, but is it really acceptable? For most, the cost of living out here is absolutely not offset by their slightly higher wages. The cost of rent in aBecause I make more money than the guy who does the same job in Arkansas so I can afford to and I'm willing to pay more for a product. This applies to guns, sandwiches or anything else you buy in California compared a red state. It's nothing new. Everybody who lives in California does it every single day.
I haven't been able to justify it yet either, I'd basically have to sell at least three other handguns to get a staccato. First pistol I ever shot was an STI 2011 so I've wanted one for years, but so far I haven't internally justified it despite buying 5 other handguns lol, but they were all about $750-1k each.I'm a fan of Staccato having shot a couple of them, but the prices are still too prohibitive for me. As nice as they are, I'm not sure I could stomach putting that much into one handgun.......but yeah, I'll probably get one![]()
It's hard to drop that on one firearm....I've opted to just buy more rather than the one and it's worked out for me so far. Wouldn't mind picking up a 2011 at some point though.I haven't been able to justify it yet either, I'd basically have to sell at least three other handguns to get a staccato. First pistol I ever shot was an STI 2011 so I've wanted one for years, but so far I haven't internally justified it despite buying 5 other handguns lol, but they were all about $750-1k each.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!