18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Answered Fixed "Think Twice" label

Reported issue is resolved
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about feedback. Its about post number and interaction on this forum. (Like just about every other forum). Otherwise you can have your friends give you positive feedback. Join in on some conversations and you wont have that tag anymore. 25 messages is just about standard across the board. Ive been to car forums for instance that wont let me be involved in classifieds until I hit a certain number of messages. Its not difficult to do it the free way and personally I like it. Weeds out the flakes. If you arent a flake then you have nothing to worry about. Sellers arent going to run away because you're new. Cash is cash
I think that is the problem. The classifieds section is much more active than normal posts. This is essentially encouraging people to spam the forum to get rid of the warning, which I feel is not very helpful. How does dozens of useless spam posts somehow make a 0 transaction/feedback new account trustworthy?
 
Its not about feedback. Its about post number and interaction on this forum. (Like just about every other forum). Otherwise you can have your friends give you positive feedback. Join in on some conversations and you wont have that tag anymore. 25 messages is just about standard across the board. Ive been to car forums for instance that wont let me be involved in classifieds until I hit a certain number of messages. Its not difficult to do it the free way and personally I like it. Weeds out the flakes. If you arent a flake then you have nothing to worry about. Sellers arent going to run away because you're new. Cash is cash
I'm not sure that's true. I had someone make me an offer the other day I accepted the offer. Then when it came time to what day & time to meet, they got flakey.
It might be because my status changed, I'm not sure.
 
I'm not sure that's true. I had someone make me an offer the other day I accepted the offer. Then when it came time to what day & time to meet, they got flakey.
It might be because my status changed, I'm not sure.
I'm not sure that's true. I had someone make me an offer the other day I accepted the offer. Then when it came time to what day & time to meet, they got flakey.
It might be because my status changed, I'm not sure.
 
Hard to say ,I had one transaction that got changed four times before we finally met up because of the guys’s work schedule. and then I had one where it never came to fruition because they sent the guy to Seattle. He was a oil guy and I know he was legit because I talked to him on the phone. We just couldn’t hook up. and I ended up getting M1 A from somebody else and then we talked again and he was cool with. It said he was trying to raise money to work on a 1976 blazer but he’d sell it at some point you do meet some cool people on this site.
 
I think that is the problem. The classifieds section is much more active than normal posts. This is essentially encouraging people to spam the forum to get rid of the warning, which I feel is not very helpful. How does dozens of useless spam posts somehow make a 0 transaction/feedback new account trustworthy?
I see that side also, but I dont think the idea is to spam the posts. There are a lot of different categories on this forum other than classifieds that you could potentially become involved in. I think thats what @ikeo1 is trying to accomplish. Dont take the tag so seriously
 
I'm not sure that's true. I had someone make me an offer the other day I accepted the offer. Then when it came time to what day & time to meet, they got flakey.
It might be because my status changed, I'm not sure.
I honestly dont think so. If he wanted to flake he would flake. Regardless of your status. Maybe they found a better deal? Its happened to me (however I let the other person know) but some people dont.
 
I think that is the problem. The classifieds section is much more active than normal posts. This is essentially encouraging people to spam the forum to get rid of the warning, which I feel is not very helpful. How does dozens of useless spam posts somehow make a 0 transaction/feedback new account trustworthy?
Agreed. Feedback should have a factor
 
RocketF22
I honestly dont think so. If he wanted to flake he would flake. Regardless of your status

Maybe who knows. But for myself I won't travel to meet anyone to complete a transaction that has a low status or no feedback. I will only meet local.
 
Agreed. Feedback should have a factor
Not really, like I used in my example, that can be manipulated. That will entice people to create fake listings and leave feedback for each other just to bypass. When you actually have to participate that’s something we can see.

TBH, I’m glad you take ownership in the title, but practically speaking 50 posts is not well-known here. It was when we had 5k but now that we’re at 34k and climbing we had to readjust the bar. We expect there to be 50-60k members by end of year.

Initially the posts are going to be about complaining about the title, but over time new people will generate more useful content/questions with their posts which is overall better for the site.
 
RocketF22
I honestly dont think so. If he wanted to flake he would flake. Regardless of your status

Maybe who knows. But for myself I won't travel to meet anyone to complete a transaction that has a low status or no feedback. I will only meet local.
Well thats fair and your choice as seller. But that also limits your sales. Just because they're new does not make them untrustworthy. When I first started on this site 5 years ago I was looking for a pdp. I had 0 everything. We met, I bought, and both went home happy. Since then ive become more visible on threads.
 
I think that is the problem. The classifieds section is much more active than normal posts. This is essentially encouraging people to spam the forum to get rid of the warning, which I feel is not very helpful. How does dozens of useless spam posts somehow make a 0 transaction/feedback new account trustworthy?
When they spam, we can see that and take a look. There’s more to it than meets the eye. This also tells you who’s more serious about the site.
 
I mean there should be a way to keep some form of accountability for buyers and sellers. I’ve had a handful of instances where the seller sets up a date to meet at a ffl and ghosts the day of. Or you ask for additional photos and they fall off the face of the earth. Even had a seller remake another account and use the same photos to sell the same rifle after ghosting. Definitely feels like accounts need a bit more skin in the game to be able to sell. Buying may be different story.
 
Thanks for the clarification on that. You could be right about that fake posting stuff because it seems like normally nobody would do stuff like that, but a scammer would go to any lengths cement his integrity and begin the scam
 
Not really, like I used in my example, that can be manipulated. That will entice people to create fake listings and leave feedback for each other just to bypass. When you actually have to participate that’s something we can see.

TBH, I’m glad you take ownership in the title, but practically speaking 50 posts is not well-known here. It was when we had 5k but now that we’re at 34k and climbing we had to readjust the bar. We expect there to be 50-60k members by end of year.

Initially the posts are going to be about complaining about the title, but over time new people will generate more useful content/questions with their posts which is overall better for the site.
I'm glad to see the community here growing. I guess we'll just have to get use to the changes as we grow together.

But maybe you should take into consideration the members join date as well as number of posts.
 
Well thats fair and your choice as seller. But that also limits your sales. Just because they're new does not make them untrustworthy. When I first started on this site 5 years ago I was looking for a pdp. I had 0 everything. We met, I bought, and both went home happy. Since then ive become more visible on threads.
It does limit sales. But who wants to drive an hour to meet someone and get flaked on. Thats why I will only travel for members with high status and positive feedback.
 
Thanks for the clarification on that. You could be right about that fake posting stuff because it seems like normally nobody would do stuff like that, but a scammer would go to any lengths cement his integrity and begin the scam
We've seen a lot already, i don't make these kinds of changes lightly. The scammers are very clever, without going into more detail, we're constantly trying to make things better for everyone. Not give you guys a hard time and make my life harder.

But maybe you should take into consideration the members join date as well as number of posts.
One of the most recent scammers used a hibernation account from early 2025.
 
It does limit sales. But who wants to drive an hour to meet someone and get flaked on. Thats why I will only travel for members with high status and positive feedback.
Who's to say they wont flake as well? This is a risk everyone in the classifieds takes. Its ultimately up to you who you decide to sell to and which ffl to use. As a seller I dont mind going out of my way within a certain radius for a sale. I only have to make the trip once. They have to go back and forth 4 times. And if gas is your issue, add that into the sale price for anyone wanting you to meet at THEIR ffl. That way you only lose time. I know time is still important but you shouldnt judge people from a label on their account. You should ultimately do your own due diligence. If you feel like its gonna be a scam or no show. Cut ties and dont sell to them. Ikeo is just trying to make you aware and to think twice. Nothing wrong with that
 
I was a member yesterday but became new member today…😬

I have actually purchased through these forums successfully but the seller never left feedback. Guessing mine will say "think twice" still :)

You guys already donated, I've updated your titles. There's some unintended consequences, but IMHO a necessary change now that the site continues to grow. More changes are coming that I think people will like. This is just one people won't and why i'm getting it out of the way first.

Hopefully people see, we're active on improving/upgrading the site to support more enthusiasts.
 
Who's to say they wont flake as well? This is a risk everyone in the classifieds takes. Its ultimately up to you who you decide to sell to and which ffl to use. As a seller I dont mind going out of my way within a certain radius for a sale. I only have to make the trip once. They have to go back and forth 4 times. And if gas is your issue, add that into the sale price for anyone wanting you to meet at THEIR ffl. That way you only lose time. I know time is still important but you shouldnt judge people from a label on their account. You should ultimately do your own due diligence. If you feel like its gonna be a scam or no show. Cut ties and dont sell to them. Ikeo is just trying to make you aware and to think twice. Nothing wrong with that
You're right you never know if someone is going to be a flake. But status and feedback help to mitigate that.

And I agree with you about buyers traveling then waiting 10 days and traveling again sucks. Thats why most buyers will only travel based on status and feedback of the seller.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom