By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I'll never understand why people think California is so bad. It has bad parts, but I wouldn't live in another state. It's not really that bad, it only got worse after prop 47 before that though, not sure what the hate is all about.
Make no mistake, for me... It's absolutely hateNot hate. restrictions, pricing and budgets. I don’t hate california. I am born and raised in CA and wouldn’t ever leave BUT I dislike how it’s run. The policies.
The weather though, damn! I love LA![]()
Usually the people are not from LA and think they have to uphold an image.-The people
-The traffic
-The weather (I'm in the valleys, it hot as balls most of the time)
-The air
-The taxes
-The fees
-The politics
-The bulllaws
-The prices
-The products we can't have
-The crime
-The criminals
-The fires
-The schools, and teachers therein.
-The bums
Yes, some of the vistas and views are amazing. The natural beauty is unparalleled. The food can be okay, and the selection available is second to probably only new york.
But every goddamned one of the positives is impacted by the plethora of negatives.
That's my experience. Your mileage may vary, obviously.
I can tell. lol. Don’t hate.Make no mistake, for me... It's absolutely hate
Where else would you go?-The people
-The traffic
-The weather (I'm in the valleys, it hot as balls most of the time, and recently humid as hell)
-The air
-The taxes
-The fees
-The politics
-The bulllaws
-The prices
-The products we can't have
-The crime
-The criminals
-The fires
-The schools, and teachers therein.
-The bums
Yes, some of the vistas and views are amazing. The natural beauty is unparalleled. The food can be okay, and the selection available is second to probably only new york.
But every goddamned one of the positives is impacted by the plethora of negatives.
That's my experience. Your mileage may vary, obviously.
My experience has been that the room-temperature IQ morons I have dealt with are native to Commiefornia-stan. And because the schools areUsually the people are not from LA and think they have to uphold an image.
Everything else I kinda agree lol but not with so much emotion![]()
The good thing you know it and stand by it.My experience has been that the room-temperature IQ morons I have dealt with are native to Commiefornia-stan. And because the schools are, we're turning out more and more morons every day.
I have an escape plan that takes me to Idaho one day, hopefully soon. It's turning cliché now, I know, but it's a free and affordable place to permanently retire to.
I'm sour and salty about this state, I know. I come by it honestly. I've been told I'm a curmudgeon since I was in my 20's, I come by it honestly.
The good thing you know it and stand by it.
As a native Californian, I apologize. We ain’t all that bad.
I think you will get different answers based on age group.I'll never understand why people think California is so bad. It has bad parts, but I wouldn't live in another state. It's not really that bad, it only got worse after prop 47 before that though, not sure what the hate is all about.
Are you saying we going to turn into the movie “Idiocracy”?! Nooooo!!Look, there's some very good, even amazing, people here in this state. I've met a lot of them. I cast a wide net, I know, but the good, the honest, the smart, the hard-working.... We're being out-bred and out numbered 20 to 1. I don't know if it's going to get better, it's probably gonna get worse. I just know, if the stars align, I won't be here to see it. But y'all have my sympathies and my sincere hope things get better here.
The decline started when Reagan took a giant creamy crap on us when bonzo headed to Washington and gave amnesty to all the illegals on his way out the door. Then grey Davis, moonbeam (X 2) , newscum, and the democratic supermajority.... That's all she wrote. This state is toast.I think you will get different answers based on age group.
For most anyone that was a teen/young adult up to mid 30s in the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s (before Gray Davis) California was heaven. They are apt to be much more disillusioned, disgusted, even disturbed, by what California has since become, on so many levels.
That's especially true for these past several years since Newsom has been in office as of 2019, but hints of his ensuing plague even started while he was Lt. Governor under Brown.
The exponential decline really accelerated into hyper-speed once he took over.
---
Duuuude.... We're already there!Are you saying we going to turn into the movie “Idiocracy”?! Nooooo!!
The 80’s and 90’s, good times…I think you will get different answers based on age group.
For most anyone that was a teen/young adult up to mid 30s in the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s (before Gray Davis) California was heaven. They are apt to be much more disillusioned, disgusted, even disturbed, by what California has since become, on so many levels.
---
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!