18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What was your last Gun Purchase of 2024

I got a little overly excited when my VP9SK came in and picked up a P2000 and a Glock 20SF too on the 31st
 
Picked up a pair of Heritage Rough Rider for dirt cheap. Western stuff wasn't on my radar, but could pass up the deal...
 

Attachments

  • 20250110_113555.jpg
    20250110_113555.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9
A Glock 44. Going to use it as the base for an ultra-light .22 SBR for steel matches. I ordered this trigger:


The entire carbine will weigh under 3 lbs.

If anyone wants to see photos, let me know.
 
I got a little overly excited when my VP9SK came in and picked up a P2000 and a Glock 20SF too on the 31st
I DROS’d three guns on my last purchase. A Rem 1187, S&W 627, and an Sig P365.

The VP9SK is on my want list. I own a P2000SK V2 9mm and I think you’ll like your P2000. I was looking at the G20SF and G29SF as a woods gun but I found a better deal on the 627.
 
Last edited:
A Glock 44. Going to use it as the base for an ultra-light .22 SBR for steel matches. I ordered this trigger:


The entire carbine will weigh under 3 lbs.

If anyone wants to see photos, let me know.
Sounds sweet!!
 
A Glock 44. Going to use it as the base for an ultra-light .22 SBR for steel matches. I ordered this trigger:


The entire carbine will weigh under 3 lbs.

If anyone wants to see photos, let me know.
I gotta ask how much did the Glock 44 run you?? Some "Smart" people here are asking 900 a pistol...ridiculous.
 
I gotta ask how much did the Glock 44 run you?? Some "Smart" people here are asking 900 a pistol...ridiculous.
I'm in AZ and a dealer, so wholesale is around $300ish. I'm empathetic, since before I was a FFL in CA, I bought my share of handguns with the insane off roster premium. I still cannot believe it's still in place with all the legal challenges.
 
I'm in AZ and a dealer, so wholesale is around $300ish. I'm empathetic, since before I was a FFL in CA, I bought my share of handguns with the insane off roster premium. I still cannot believe it's still in place with all the legal challenges.
I agree its a 22 for god sakes....im assuming Glock does not want to pay the Comiefornia tax to make it compliant.....the closest pistol i can relate the 44 to is a S&W MP22-CA and even then that one is off roster....my local range had a 44 and ive took it out and boy do i love how the 44 performs....i can only pray to own one......without the insane off roster premium.
 
My only complaints about the 44 are that it’s ammo sensitive, at least when new. It stovepipes on every mag in Winter temperatures with multiple brands of ammo I tried, except with CCI Mini Mags, which run flawlessly. Steel matches demand 100% reliability, so CCI is it. Also the stock trigger is aweful for competition. We’ll see how the replacement trigger does.
 
My only complaints about the 44 are that it’s ammo sensitive, at least when new. It stovepipes on every mag in Winter temperatures with multiple brands of ammo I tried, except with CCI Mini Mags, which run flawlessly. Steel matches demand 100% reliability, so CCI is it. Also the stock trigger is aweful for competition. We’ll see how the replacement trigger does.
When i used it i ran CCI Mini Mags and Aguila HV rounds and not a single jam....granted she has been longtime broken in.....as for triggers i have never shot any type of pistol with competition triggers or so i am yet to learn those neat expensive things :) ive been focusing in growing my collection and recently started adding furniture to long guns and so on to make them more comfy to shoot. If you ever make a video with the end result of your project please share the video that way we Californians can see what it is we are missing out on .. LOL
 
Here’s a sneak peek. The enclosure is a gen 1 RONI that’s a bit too heavy for what I’m trying to achieve. I ordered the Gen 3 which is a pound or so lighter. This setup has a tiny Bowers Bitty suppressor buried in the enclosure that gives some noise/blast reduction in lieu of using a brake, which wouldn’t work on such a short barrel & the RONI.

I’m going to try not to post a lot of photos here since I over-shared on Calguns and it kind of pissed people off. My apologies to any that might be put off by free state hardware.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5
Here’s a sneak peek. The enclosure is a gen 1 RONI that’s a bit too heavy for what I’m trying to achieve. I ordered the Gen 3 which is a pound or so lighter. This setup has a tiny Bowers Bitty suppressor buried in the enclosure that gives some noise/blast reduction in lieu of using a brake, which wouldn’t work on such a short barrel & the RONI.

I’m going to try not to post a lot of photos here since I over-shared on Calguns and it kind of pissed people off. My apologies to any that might be put off by free state hardware.
Wow this is amazing brother.....post anything and everything you want who ever don't like it they can simply F- off....you have a beautiful setup as is.....all of a sudden a trip to Arizona sounds like a trip I'm willing to take for some much necessary stress relief 😀
 
Back
Top Bottom