18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Request When do you commit to an item?

Should we implement “I’ll take it” to allow for neutral FB if they ghost?

  • Yes

    Votes: 43 70.5%
  • No

    Votes: 18 29.5%

  • Total voters
    61
While I like the idea, sometimes life does happen even with the best of intentions. A financial emergency can come up or an angry spouse or you realize you’re short on rent. Regardless of the situation, maybe have a way to notate it after it becomes a common reoccurrence with someone instead of black eye that could follow you
 
I'll lead off by saying I'm reading this poll narrowly. It specifically says "if they ghost." That means no courtesy communication after commitment and/or not showing up.

The other/dead site had this exact rule. It ran as intended, and it allowed for neutral feedback if someone ghosted. I think there is no harm in permitting neutral feedback, it keeps people honest. The inverse of this is to permit an influx of bad actors and reduce trustworthiness in the commitment process.

Like the old site, the words "unequivocal 'I'll take it'" should be the triggering event on the buyer's side.

While I like the idea, sometimes life does happen even with the best of intentions. A financial emergency can come up or an angry spouse or you realize you’re short on rent. Regardless of the situation, maybe have a way to notate it after it becomes a common reoccurrence with someone instead of black eye that could follow you

Without getting into a whole thing here (basic 1L year law school principles only, please feel free to take a UCC contracts course if you want to know the history and principles that led to this structure), an advertisement is an invitation to conduct a transaction. A response to the advertisement is the offer to transact. The offer can be accepted, and the deal thereby concluded, by performance (i.e., the sale). If life happens, then they can withdraw the offer, i.e., communicate a "never mind, I had a family emergency come up". If it was a instantaneous emergency, then it can at least be communicated after the fact as a courtesy.

This helps people either avoid a time and travel sink, or at the very least reasonably explains where the losses they incurred in time and travel/money were expended (i.e., family emergency). And then when reasonably communicated, it can be dealt with in a civil manner. Meanwhile, it helps the community at large avoid encounters with repeat bad actors, and thus acts as a protective mechanism against these people.

Just my I guess 25 cents, cuz that was longer than I initially intended.
 
Your scenario shows that you show up, that’s already different. This is about the guy who says I’ll take it to 5 different people then chooses the lowest one and ghosts the other 4

Are you seeing a lot of this? How many folks like this have you identified?
 
Are you seeing a lot of this? How many folks like this have you identified?
We get a few reports every week and feedback requests fairly regularly. I'd rather not have the mods spend time on it. It's not scalable the way it is now. People get upset with us because they wasted their time and in effect waste our own time with more and more as membership grows. This is why we're having the discussion.
 
^^^^^ EXACTLY ^^^^^

I want the Mods to focus on keeping the site (1) running, (2) within legal bounds, and (3) a cordial place to post and share ideas. I don't want or need them to be the keepers of reviews for buyers and sellers. As @BobGBA mentioned you can tell from communication when some is either a novice buyer or a poor communicator (or both) as either Buyer or Seller.
+\- is reserved for completed, this is for neutral if they say they'll take it. Mainly to start giving consequences that are very cut and dry.
 
So I have been ghosted for like 6 or 7 times for the past two months. Not exactly sure if it is just me or what is going on here. I do not have a solution tho
 
Pretty much… if seller doesn’t send negative is already allowed and they’ll be banned immediately.

Otherwise this is correct
How about buyers who don’t send the money and ghosts; after they have committed by choosing shipping price and option? They said they will take and have even chose cheap discounted rate and option for shipping price already. They already had me weigh the package twice since it went from two to one item.
 
While I like the idea, sometimes life does happen even with the best of intentions. A financial emergency can come up or an angry spouse or you realize you’re short on rent. Regardless of the situation, maybe have a way to notate it after it becomes a common reoccurrence with someone instead of black eye that could follow you
Then they should communicate it; let the other person know and explain. Easy and done. At least the other person will have more respect for them that way. They might not even want to leave a neutral or a negative feedback even if they could.

The ghosting shows a lack of formality, etiquette, respect, and experience; showing that they are the bad ones out of the new generation (does it not? It doesn’t?).
 
You know the hardest part about negative feedback left by others, is when it was not a no show or they were not burned for their money. It is not valid for a negative feedback at that point. The only thing I can tell them is sorry this is more appropriate for buyer and seller beware in marketplace discussion threads; there is nothing else I can do to help them. Their negative feedback for the other person is then deleted.

The other person is clearly a time waster, ghoster, and flaker based on the evidence that I am seeing. That’s fine if they are; they should just communicate and say they changed their mind or are no longer interested.

I had to delete one where since the potential buyer never actually responded when the specific FFL for ppt was brought up, the sellers negative on the buyer had to be deleted even though the potential buyer said he would buy it. Potential buyer just stops responding instead of communicating that they can’t carry on with this. There was nothing I could do to help but refer him to marketplace discussion threads.
 
Last edited:
Hmmmm . . . I'm gonna go against the grain here. Positive and Negative feedback to me should be reserved for completed transactions only.
  • Positive - Buyer and seller agree the transaction went well. Good communication. Both parties happy with the purchase and sale.
  • Negative - Buyer or seller had issue with the ITEM or Transaction. Seller did NOT disclose issue with the item. Buyer did not come prepared with proper documentation and the PPT could not be completed.
I sell a ton of stuff on FB Market, Next Door, Craigslist, Truck and car forums. People ghost it happens. Move on to the next buyer. I've had ~40ish PPT transactions on the "L" site with only two no shows after setting a meeting time. Both times I just hung out at the GS for a bit then went on about my day.

Next thing we'll ask for is a "Low Baller" button to hit, or a "Swindler" button for those $1500 Glocks. Lol
Agreed, keep feedback for completed transactions only, or if a buyer or seller ghosts an actual agreed-upon meeting time and place. Until that time and place is agreed-upon, there's no real commitment. People do change their minds for numerous reasons.

I had one seller refuse to leave feedback for a completed transaction and I have zero recourse.

I was considering a P-01 here but at the last minute I changed ny mind before we agreed on time and place, not because of the seller but because reason took hold. I was over-extending myself when I have a new gun purchase pending. Seller knew all of this and hadn't yet removed his ad.

No need to overthink it. It'll make moderation more complicated and won't solve much.
 
Last edited:
I feel like anyone voting against this just wants the freedom to ghost people on their purchases. If you never ghost a seller, then there is literally no effect whatsoever on your posts, your account, or your life.

To be so vocal about how you're against this feature that does nothing but help other sellers identify potentially problematic buyers is just telling on yourselves.
 
I had to delete one where since the potential buyer never actually responded when the specific FFL for ppt was brought up, the sellers negative on the buyer had to be deleted even though the potential buyer said he would buy it. Potential buyer just stops responding instead of communicating that they can’t carry on with this. There was nothing I could do to help but refer him to marketplace discussion threads.
Sorry, I take this back, it was actually a no show. Brain fart. Negative feedback was approved.
 
I had a guy a flake and ghost on me today @pjay49. Texted me Saturday saying he would take it. He said he could meet me after work on Monday and would contact me for location and time to meet since he is working in SF. I texted him Sunday saying that it actually might be easier and cheaper for me to ship it to him since he is in 209 area; no response. With my online discounted rate; I don’t see it being more than $6-$7.

Waiting for him Monday, which is today, to get off work, I’m here waiting on him, texting him and direct messages him here if we are still meeting today or if he changed his mind. No response. I noticed he has signed on at 2:17 too. Still no response right now at 6:13. What’s funny is this guy tells me over the phone conversation saying “hey no flakes, and no ghosting, I’m not about that.”

So what happened to talking about not being a flake or not a ghoster, and not being about that? Going back on his word or what? What’s up? I even asked if mind was changed or not?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom