18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News 43x CA Edition on Roster

Latest news
I have looked in the classified. The two or three that are there are not remotely close to in price to previous generations or the GEN six. Look at how many gen 5s are for sale here. Big difference. The V’s are not moving. Undisputedly, they are just not as popular. Just goes to show, people do not want their Glocks “slightly modified “.
Gen 6 has the same modifications as the V to make it harder to install a switch.
 
Gen 6 has the same modifications as the V to make it harder to install a switch.



The glock V is essentially a failed attempted to bend a knee to the critics saying glocks are too easily converted to machine guns. Glock gen 6 is an improvement on the gen 5. Which is usually the way evolution works. Back to my original statement, if I had to choose between an off roster 43X versus a potential California compliant 43X with the same internals as the V, (just speculating here) I would choose the off roster version any day of the week. As far as off roster prices go? That’s another story.
 
Last edited:
The glock V is essentially a failed attempted to bend a knee to the critics saying glocks are too easily converted to machine guns. Glock gen 6 is an improvement on the gen 5. Which is usually the way evolution works. Back to my original statement, if I had to choose between an off roster 43X versus a potential California compliant 43X with the same internals as the V, (just speculating here) I would choose the offer roster version any day of the week. As far as off roster prices go? That’s another story.
The V is essentially a different slide and trigger on a gen5 frame.
The 6 is the V design slide and trigger on a new frame that frankly I'm not a huge fan of because the useless thumb rest.
 
FWIW, I picked up a 26v before I moved here, among other things. A second 26 as backup was on the list and I couldn’t find a gen5 anywhere in time. I did find a used gen4 for $400 im sorta wishing I picked up but whatever.

The V is fine. It works all the same. Still I wish there was a gen6 26 before I moved. If that ever releases, I might need my dad come visit me from Tennessee
 
The glock V is essentially a failed attempted to bend a knee to the critics saying glocks are too easily converted to machine guns. Glock gen 6 is an improvement on the gen 5. Which is usually the way evolution works.
None of that is really true, the gen V is what they made to continue selling gen 5 and end the lawsuits related to switches and especially models that won't be made into gen 6 like the 21 and the 20 which literally just came out a few months ago. They did it to squash the lawsuits and it did exactly as intended and they continue to sell gen Vs even in the models that are out in gen 6 because lots of people actually prefer the gen 5/V because of the recoil spring and the trigger and other elements. Gen V and 6 came out within a month of eachother
 
None of that is really true, the gen V is what they made to continue selling gen 5 and end the lawsuits related to switches and especially models that won't be made into gen 6 like the 21 and the 20 which literally just came out a few months ago. They did it to squash the lawsuits and it did exactly as intended and they continue to sell gen Vs even in the models that are out in gen 6 because lots of people actually prefer the gen 5/V because of the recoil spring and the trigger and other elements. Gen V and 6 came out within a month of eachother
And can you blame them for it?
Option A: deal with lawsuits and face hundreds of millions in settlements.
Option B: come out with a new gen, sell more of those and end the lawsuits.

That's a no brainer.

Is it BS that they can actually get sued for people doing illegal stuff? YES, but that's the day and age we live in.
 
Yup! I also definitely think there is a level of product pricing too. Like a value line. The distributor edition 19V-C MOS was SUPER TEMPTING the last time I was in Academy (before moving here). It was like $150 less than the gen6 19 I went there to buy.

Wish I could have got both, but my wife would have killed me, I had had so many buys between the time we decided to move and the drive off date.
 
And can you blame them for it?
Option A: deal with lawsuits and face hundreds of millions in settlements.
Option B: come out with a new gen, sell more of those and end the lawsuits.

That's a no brainer.

Is it BS that they can actually get sued for people doing illegal stuff? YES, but that's the day and age we live in.
the legal liability is a product of case law, it's not special to firearms and firearms actually have more protections due to federal law than most products. But when a producer is aware of a product being used improperly and illegally and they can do something to mitigate it then they can be liable. They likely would have lost the lawsuits. Even under the recent california law, they don't have to make it impossible to install a switch they just have to make it impossible with a speciic set of legally defined hand tools. The previous gen 5 blocked the switch with plastic, Gen V does it with metal. Problem solved.
 
Dang. No more jamming people for 1500-2500 for a $450 gun. That Sucks
Maybe… yet to see what this new 43x looks like. There may be some demand for the real 43x without added BS. Or maybe the added BS is a big nothing burger…

I suspect somewhere in the middle. Bringing the prices on an off roster version down, but not to retail.

Still happy I decided not to sell any of what I brought.
 
Hopefully Glock will let me use my gssf free pistol certificate for this!🤞🏼

If more Glocks become purchasable now, and the certificates can be used for them, maybe there will be a resurgence in GSSF participation in the state?
 
If more Glocks become purchasable now, and the certificates can be used for them, maybe there will be a resurgence in GSSF participation in the state?
I'm sure there would be!
my first match ever was a gssf event 2 years ago and it took all day to get through the stages.
fast forward to last month and there was 0 waiting at any of the stages.
I sent an email to them this morning asking and will follow up on here when I hear back.
 
According to the reddits, Glock said it won't be coming out until Q1 2027, which gives overpriced sellers plenty of time to sell the things for 1k-2k.
With so many people on there believing the CA Glocks will have thumb safeties it would not be a surprise if that leads to more overpriced off-rosters selling
😂
 
I love seeing all the excitement and speculation the Glock boys are having over here!

Hey, if it does in fact end up with an LCI and MD, it will be the first time in 30 years Glock changed this many things in one move! Imagine that!
Round of applause please.

In reality guys, as much as I hate it, any future CA glock will have all the those features we don’t want.
The bastard child will still sell though, because it’s a “Glock”.

It think it’s time to move on to better things… Your ex isn’t coming back with new 🍒, a better attitude and holding a fresh beer for you.
Glocks have had LCI for a long time, and they have had the option for magazine disconnects for Leo for a long time.

And yes she is coming back, with a fresh beer, a better attitude, and more loyalty haha
 
Glocks have had LCI for a long time, and they have had the option for magazine disconnects for Leo for a long time.

And yes she is coming back, with a fresh beer, a better attitude, and more loyalty haha
Oh, I didn’t know they had a mag disconnect option before, that’s interesting

I knew it sorta has an LCI, I just wonder if that’s gonna be enough for the state
 
Back
Top Bottom