18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News 43x CA Edition on Roster

Latest news
Has there been any actual reliability issues with any of the LCIs on any gun?
Not that I ever read about and if there were, you would need data of the LCI version vs non LCI on the same gun, same ammo, same round count etc. One offs with questionable maintenance, use case etc doesn't mean all LCI will get you killed.

These LCI discussions about failure or not trusting my life crack me up. There are guys carrying HEAVILY modified guns with everything from custom 2 lb triggers, custom springs, barrels, comps, aftermarket slides, internals, etc. that have more potential to fail than any LCI. (In my humble opinion).

In a SHTF or CCW scenario, I will take a stock Glock (with or without an LCI) over nearly every other mfg.
 
NO THANK YOU!!! I will absolutely never take any risks on my life with any (top california compliant LCI locations) (EXTRA FAILURE POINT GARBAGE LCI) Always stick to the standard and never trust the california compliant models. I have seen plenty of failures . NO THANK YOU!!!

Glock 43X CA (California Compliant) model, the specialized California Department of Justice (DOJ) required Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) is located on the top of the slide,
Unlike standard, factory Glock models where the extractor claw acts as a subtle visual/tactile indicator, the CA-compliant model features a prominent, mechanical indicator on top of the slide to meet strict state-mandated safety visibility guidelines
obtrusive indicator.
• The Problem: This top-mounted, spring-loaded arm physically pushes down on the rim of the chambered casing. Heavy carbon fouling, debris, or a stiff factory LCI spring creating excessive friction. This drag slows down the slide's cycling speed or prevents a fresh round from fully sliding up under the extractor claw, causing failures to battery (the slide not closing all the way).
Crazy how your AI “knows” the exact design of the gun that hasn’t been publicly released or announced in any way
 
Not that I ever read about and if there were, you would need data of the LCI version vs non LCI on the same gun, same ammo, same round count etc. One offs with questionable maintenance, use case etc doesn't mean all LCI will get you killed.

These LCI discussions about failure or not trusting my life crack me up. There are guys carrying HEAVILY modified guns with everything from custom 2 lb triggers, custom springs, barrels, comps, aftermarket slides, internals, etc. that have more potential to fail than any LCI. (In my humble opinion).

In a SHTF or CCW scenario, I will take a stock Glock (with or without an LCI) over nearly every other mfg.
That’s why I like my HK and Walther. Really great triggers out of the box and I don’t need to mod anything really. Just runs. The irony that the LCI is an issue and not the aftermarket barrel and slide and springs is funny lol
 
Has there been any actual reliability issues with any of the LCIs on any gun?
I too would be very interested to hear of any LCI/CLI failures or issues seen in the field or talked about on other forums, YouTube, etc.

The only LCI issue I've ever seen personally was the LCI on my CZ-97 flew off at the range on the first trip (pre-cajunization)

That however was an assembly issue (torque or thread lock issue) and had nothing to do with the function or reliability of the gun.

I think this concern is very similar to the argument of revolvers vs semi-autos, that revolvers are inherently more reliable due to fewer points of potential failure.

Adding a CLI/LCI presents a potential point of failure.

Some folks won't trust their lives with anything but a revolver, or maybe a 1911.

Seems like some folks won't trust their lives with a gun with a CLI/LCI. New to me, but I can understand where they are coming from logically even if I don't come to the same conclusion.

Everyone has their own tolerance for risk and where it can be applied.

Any other LCI/CLI issues anyone has seen?
 
Not that I ever read about and if there were, you would need data of the LCI version vs non LCI on the same gun, same ammo, same round count etc. One offs with questionable maintenance, use case etc doesn't mean all LCI will get you killed.

These LCI discussions about failure or not trusting my life crack me up. There are guys carrying HEAVILY modified guns with everything from custom 2 lb triggers, custom springs, barrels, comps, aftermarket slides, internals, etc. that have more potential to fail than any LCI. (In my humble opinion).

In a SHTF or CCW scenario, I will take a stock Glock (with or without an LCI) over nearly every other mfg.
I thought it was really interesting watching interviews with the guy who shot at the mass shooter in Idaho in August.

He had multiple malfunctions with his silenced 5.7 rig that he CCW's. Don't remember if he mentions it in the shorter interview or only the longer one on the Garand Thumb channel



Made me wonder why you would CCW a silenced gun, when that dramatically increases the risks of malfunctions.

Also made me take a look at my own firearms and what work I had done on them, and how reliable they might be.

Risk assessment is always a great introspective exercise.
 
I thought it was really interesting watching interviews with the guy who shot at the mass shooter in Idaho in August.

He had multiple malfunctions with his silenced 5.7 rig that he CCW's. Don't remember if he mentions it in the shorter interview or only the longer one on the Garand Thumb channel

I recalled that as well. Kudos to that dude, but a silencer on a CCW gun seemed interesting. Lol

We are all free to outfit our CCW guns as we see fit. I personally leave all 3 of CCW guns bone stock. When I bought my very first handgun Springfield Armory XD9 with the Grip Safety, I heard the same comments. "That thing is gonna get you killed" Lol Thousands of rounds later I still have that gun (sentimental now as others have replaced it) that I would not hesitate to use in HD or CCW. And it's the OD Green version so extra accurate. Lol
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom