18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Delusional Sellers (CA Guns Classifieds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the alternative? Price fixing? Then the gray/black market scalpers will dominate the market a you’ll really see the prices skyrocket.
 
At the end of the day no one is forced to buy anything. If a listing does not reflect your perceived value you can ignore it. If enough buyers do the same, prices will adjust. If they do not, then the market has spoken.

This is ultimately about individual choice and a free market operating within regulatory constraints.

Despite being in CA are we really wanting to impose MORE regulations on a "firearm" classifieds when that behavior is BANNED everywhere else?

We need to have more perspective.
 
That’s purdy! God, I hate this state. I’ve been on the hunt for a TRP AOS 5” in 9mm FDE. So far, nothing.
Try posting a WTB, I have obtained several off-rosters this way. People DO browse through them when they have a gun for sale or considering selling. Often they will contact you first vs posting a public ad.
 
Try posting a WTB, I have obtained several off-rosters this way. People DO browse through them when they have a gun for sale or considering selling. Often they will contact you first vs posting a public ad.
This! I didn’t find my off roster grail gun while browsing or with a search as it was buried in an ad for multiple firearms and wasn’t in the title. Posted a WTB and got a PM a couple days later from the seller. Picking up tomorrow and couldn’t be more excited
 
The classified sections have gotten out of control. Its turning into CALGUNS with every "I know what I got" post. Newsflash your beat to death hand me down isn't worth that much, even if it is "off roster". The mods you put into that gun aren't raising the value because for all i know they were installed with a sledgehammer and JB Weld.

The other half seem to be cops trying to fund thier families disneyland trip/wife's anniversary jewelry with selling $6000 staccatos. Hoping a techbro with more money than sense will buy it.

Honestly at this point it seems like sellers are praying for the next panic buy event and just jacking up prices ahead of it.

TLDR: when looking for secondhand guns use the awesome filters that Ikeo and the rest of developers have set up. Other wise you're gonna slog through a ton of BS to find what you're looking for.

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong below.... If you're brave... /sarc

Update: Honestly i'm impressed this got traction i was expecting a couple thumbs up/down.
The other half seem to be cops trying to fund thier families disneyland trip/wife's anniversary jewelry with selling $6000 staccatos. Hoping a techbro with more money than sense will buy it.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Update: Honestly i'm impressed this got traction i was expecting a couple thumbs up/down.

And lastly, it's called group therapy.
 
Let people post it for whatever they want, if it sells, it sells, if not, whatever. I think the problem is you’re mad because they have something you want lol.

The cop thing is true that one is annoying because while I support the boys in blue you have to be special kind of scumbag to milk the staccatos
 
What does this have to do about the price of tea in China?
 
Let’s say I have a glock that I don’t really use but I’m not really motivated to get rid of. Let’s just say that it’s not worth my time to deal with the flakes and lowballers for the going price. Is there any harm in listing it for a ridiculous price? I’m having a tough time understanding the sand infiltrated vagina.
 
Let’s say I have a glock that I don’t really use but I’m not really motivated to get rid of. Let’s just say that it’s not worth my time to deal with the flakes and lowballers for the going price. Is there any harm in listing it for a ridiculous price? I’m having a tough time understanding the sand infiltrated vagina.
Nope. If nobody bites we can always reduce the price. Easy enough.
 
I might be a bit older than some of you "Youts" (look it up), but there are no prizes or awards given when you die for "Getting the best deal on everything I buy".
You can wait weeks, months, years, for something to come along that you want AND is what you want to pay, or you can buy it now and enjoy it for much longer.

I know some pride themselves on getting (and posting) the best deal on everything they buy. Then there are others who just buy what they want, when they want, and make no fuss or posts about it.

Just saying . . .
 
I might be a bit older than some of you "Youts" (look it up), but there are no prizes or awards given when you die for "Getting the best deal on everything I buy".
You can wait weeks, months, years, for something to come along that you want AND is what you want to pay, or you can buy it now and enjoy it for much longer.

I know some pride themselves on getting (and posting) the best deal on everything they buy. Then there are others who just buy what they want, when they want, and make no fuss or posts about it.

Just saying . . .
Who is "My Cousin Vinny" for $300? This movie starred Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei. Classic.
 
I might be a bit older than some of you "Youts" (look it up), but there are no prizes or awards given when you die for "Getting the best deal on everything I buy".
You can wait weeks, months, years, for something to come along that you want AND is what you want to pay, or you can buy it now and enjoy it for much longer.

I know some pride themselves on getting (and posting) the best deal on everything they buy. Then there are others who just buy what they want, when they want, and make no fuss or posts about it.

Just saying . . .
Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Enjoy what you can, if you can.
 
The classified sections have gotten out of control. Its turning into CALGUNS with every "I know what I got" post. Newsflash your beat to death hand me down isn't worth that much, even if it is "off roster". The mods you put into that gun aren't raising the value because for all i know they were installed with a sledgehammer and JB Weld.

The other half seem to be cops trying to fund thier families disneyland trip/wife's anniversary jewelry with selling $6000 staccatos. Hoping a techbro with more money than sense will buy it.

Honestly at this point it seems like sellers are praying for the next panic buy event and just jacking up prices ahead of it.

TLDR: when looking for secondhand guns use the awesome filters that Ikeo and the rest of developers have set up. Other wise you're gonna slog through a ton of BS to find what you're looking for.

Feel free to tell me i'm wrong below.... If you're brave... /sarc

Update: Honestly i'm impressed this got traction, i was expecting a couple thumbs up/down.


Just my opinion and this goes back to the days of calgun, but a seller should only be able to list one BRAND NEW off roster firearm at a time for sale. When I scroll through these classifieds and I see one guy with seven different pistols for sale all for $4,000 it actually pisses me off and I'm shocked that the mods allow this. Don't ruin this website like Calguns ruined theirs
 
Just my opinion and this goes back to the days of calgun, but a seller should only be able to list one BRAND NEW off roster firearm at a time for sale. When I scroll through these classifieds and I see one guy with seven different pistols for sale all for $4,000 it actually pisses me off and I'm shocked that the mods allow this. Don't ruin this website like Calguns ruined theirs
How does that ruin anything? What if someone wants those?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom