18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

First time CCW holder looking for a belt, any recommendations?

Let's back up a bit, what size will your pants loops support, then start looking for a belt or 2. Another prop for Kore.
 
I really like the Hunter Constantine belt. It’s pricey, but there’s a 30 day return policy on it. Elastic is comfortable, and I can wear it for hours without back pain.
 
Another vote for Kore. The ability to easily adjust with the ratchet and it is stiff (but not uncomfortable)
 
I think I wlll go with the Kore... Should I do the leather or nylon? Just want one belt... Which one is more comfortable?
 
Blue Alpha or bust! Accept no other! I did a review on them here in the review section. Anyone I’ve recommended them to, loves them.
 
Last edited:
Hanks belts are terrific- I agree. Customer service- not so much.
Double check what buckle you put on your order, they put the wrong one on mine and it was an unnecessary pain to get them to fix it without me having to pay extra.
 
I’ve used kore belts for years. The nylon ones though, the dress looking ones wear out way way faster than they do.
 
Been using NexBelt…..really like the ratchet buckle and the belt is thick which really helps hold the holster clip in place…..never had issues with it when I practice “drawing” my weapon 🤙🏽
 
I use a Bigfoot Gun Belt 18oz with steel core. I usually get 2-3 years before they stretch out then get a new one. They’re in the $90 range.
 
One important question:
What kind of clips are on your holster?
I have 2 kinds : discreet carry clips and single mono clips.
The mono clips always wear out, whether it’s a good holster or lower quality holster. They do work better on a solid leather belt like a Hanks -or-
a Blue Alpha Gear low profile belts that velcros over the clip. Hanks are great but the buckle sucks. It’s huge and prints when pushed out by your gun. You may have to move it over to the left.

The discreet carry clips work with any belt but work amazingly with a low profile edc belt like the blue alpha. I can carry a larger heavier gun that way under a t shirt and I’m a short guy. P-01 is a lot bigger than a p365. I carry a P365 xL with a JM Custom Kydex and a mono clip. Wish I had gone with the DCC’s which I have on every other holster. They stay in place.

The clips don’t work with any belt. A mono clip will move unless using something like a Blue Alpha belt, which holds it in place . Try a class or competition with your set up and you will find out very quickly what will and won’t work.
 
My Kore took weeks for me to get used to. Stiff, felt like I was wearing a hoola hoop. Eventually it softened a little and I got more used to it. It definitely works well, I was just not instantly in love with it like some people are. I like it now though.

I got the black buffalo leather one... and am really happy with the material, how it looks and how well it is holding up.
 
The Wilderness, 5 stitch 1.5" Frequent Flyer. Great belt, light, made by people that have been making tac and carry belts since day 1.
 

1791 Best gun belts! I OWB everyday with this belt for last 2 years, still looks like new!
 
bullhidebelts.com
Their belts are made in the USA, they have a wide selection of styles, and some are very affordable, especially once you factor in how long they last.
 
I really like the Hunter Constantine belt. It’s pricey, but there’s a 30 day return policy on it. Elastic is comfortable, and I can wear it for hours without back pain.

+1 for the Hunter Constantine Carry belt. I used to wear a Blue Alpha, which wasn't bad but was a bit heavy and too stiff.

Switched over the the Hunter Constantine and never looked back. It's flexible for when you bend down/sit, but retains rigidity where it needs to be.
 
I really love my Howitzer Defender EDC belt. It has an elastic strap in it to allow for some bend when needed. The buckle is solid and alllows for easy adjustments.

 
Back
Top Bottom