18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

GLocks and CZs are over rated.

Several year ago I sold an off roster Ruger LCP for $550. Some would say that's price gouging for a gun with a $339 retail. But I looked at it differently. I added the cost of tax and DROS, then I added the cost of the laser sight I had installed and the custom pocket holster. That came out to $550, so that's what I sold it for. I lost no money and I gained no money. My buyer has no heartache over the price and he absolutely loved the side mounted laser
That is absolutely understandable. But what we see mostly on here is people will take a BNIB Gen 5/6 Glock 45/17/19 and ask for $1500-$1800 no optics, no holster, just the box and papers it came with.
 
Because for that $300 you can get a superior Heckler and Koch that will also last 50 years, and perform better. Why buy a Camry for the same price as a 911 Turbo
Bro that is hardly the comparison. The HK is like a BMW and the CZ is an Audi. It’s personal preference but they’re equivalent quality
 
🤮🤮🤮 jk I’m just not a sig guy
I’ve owned a p226 extreme and p365 fuse
Shot both and sold it
P365 was accurate tho

my p10f by far the most accurate striker fired pistol I’ve shot besides my pdp

My carry is a p01 until my shield x gets out of county lockup
After holding and shooting a CZ P10F and comparing it to a G17, CZ was a no brainer for me. The ergos just felt great for my hands and getting a brass backstrap just made it even better 🤌
 
I can't believe we were selling P01s for $600 like 6 months ago, and now I'm struggling to trade a friggin Colt Python for one. Who would've thought?
 
I love my CZs. I've never had a chance to shoot an Echelon. CZs were on roster when I bought my first gun, an SP-01.

My DWXc is about the size of a G19 and shoots so flat and clean. CZ form factor, 1911 trigger. Best of all worlds for me. I had never shot one before buying and bought it based on its reputation and some glowing reviews. Plus, it takes CZ 75 mags so that was a plus.

People talk about Echelons here and there but CZ fans roll deep and for good reason.

I do like to try all kinds of guns with an open mind.
 
Do you mean overpriced rather than overrated?

Personally, I think most service pistols are basically the same. There really hasn’t been any huge difference between them, even across the last decade. Hell, someone with a stock Glock can outshoot plenty of people running the latest Sig, Walther, M&P, Springfield, or even a Staccato. At the end of the day, it’s the Indian, not the arrow.
 
Do you mean overpriced rather than overrated?

Personally, I think most service pistols are basically the same. There really hasn’t been any huge difference between them, even across the last decade. Hell, someone with a stock Glock can outshoot plenty of people running the latest Sig, Walther, M&P, Springfield, or even a Staccato. At the end of the day, it’s the Indian, not the arrow.
They are overrated. Maybe in the 90’s it was revolutionary but nowadays there are better handguns at similar price point with the same or better reliability
 
They are overrated. Maybe in the 90’s it was revolutionary but nowadays there are better handguns at similar price point with the same or better reliability

Perhaps. Maybe. But does it really matter? Will that “better” handgun at the same price point actually make the shooter better, or just give them something new to blame? ;)
 
Perhaps. Maybe. But does it really matter? Will that “better” handgun at the same price point actually make the shooter better, or just give them something new to blame? ;)
A better gun with a better trigger and ergos will absolutely make a beginner shooter better. Once you get to intermediate/advanced most folks can shoot anything well, but in the early stages those things make a HUGE difference…
 
Perhaps. Maybe. But does it really matter? Will that “better” handgun at the same price point actually make the shooter better, or just give them something new to blame? ;)
it might not make people better shooters but they might enjoy grabbing something ergonomic that's actually hand shaped and pressing a trigger that isn't a roofing stapler. It's funny when people talk about Blocks because it's always like "but they do the bare minimum how could you possibly want anything else?!". It's because I like other shooting guns better that's why. I like gen 5 quite a bit more but i'd still rather have my M&P, because I enjoy shooting it more and among other things it actually has grip on the grip which is just wild.
 
A better gun with a better trigger and ergos will absolutely make a beginner shooter better. Once you get to intermediate/advanced most folks can shoot anything well, but in the early stages those things make a HUGE difference…

Fair point.
 
I wouldn't necessarily call either of them overrated. Both CZ and Glock are great, but I would not overpay for them. There are plenty of options just as reliable with better ergonomics and triggers.
 
Perhaps. Maybe. But does it really matter? Will that “better” handgun at the same price point actually make the shooter better, or just give them something new to blame? ;)
Probably, why handicap yourself just to act pretentious? Handguns are relatively cheap for how long they last and function
 
Back
Top Bottom