18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Bodyguard 2.0 Non-Comp Quick Range Report

2 Hindsight: if there’s an attacker in the supermarket, you need to call Lt. Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti. I don’t get paid for that kind of thing…)
 
I guess I’ll regret having only bg 2.0 on myself in situation like that
Everyone has to decide for themselves what their typical day or life looks like + what they’re willing to put up with in terms of comfort, weight, and training for their risk tolerance level. Not saying you or anyone would run into this situation, but did want to make the case that people that carry or anticipate possibly needing to shoot out to those distances aren’t necessarily wrong either.

At the end of the day, there are few wrong answers for what someone carries (as long as it’s not like mechanically unsafe, haphazardly carried without a holster or similar means, or too difficult to shoot or so heavy/large they don’t actually carry it) as they’re the only person who gets to decide.

A gun you have with you when you need one is going to beat any gun sitting in your safe.
 
Kern county CCW requires you qualify on every weapon on your permit, but I’ve never had to shoot over 10 yards.

Looking forward to seeing what this little thing does at 25 yards. I’m thinking it’ll be pretty good.
 
I have a single box, I’ll give it a try. Without 40-50 perfect rounds minimum, I wouldn’t carry with it though.
I ran the Liberty 50g, my box doesn’t say +P though. It ran flawlessly, slightly less snappy than the assortment of FMJ.

I’m at about 400 rounds total, last 275 or so have been perfect. Breakin is complete!
 
It might come as a surprise, but the lighter the bullet, the lighter and softer the recoil. Even those who only shoot 9mm can compare 147-grain and 115-grain FMJ rounds. The difference is very noticeable! :)
 
No surprise, I’ve used a lot of different types of ammo, and the laws of physics are pretty predictable. I really like Inceptor ARX with the copper/polymer fluted bullets, as I recall the 9mm version was about 65 grain? Super soft shooting. The NovX version has been unreliable for me though, my G19 won’t run those and otherwise it’s been the most tolerant gun I’ve ever owned, nothing else has caused any issues.

If I can find some ARX in 380 I’m gonna try them, that might be a good combo.
 
I lightly oiled my CC and shot some Winchester 380. I was shooting about 2inches to the left and 1 inchhigh with okay groups at about 5 yards. First group of (4) aiming at bullseye. Than next group of (4)at the 8. You can see the same with the lower right target of (4). The rest of those shots are my buddy.

I dry fired quite a bit leaving my hands roughed up but definitely need more work.
1782327399762.webp
 
Received non comp’d slide/barrel and beavertail insert. Havent shot with it yet, but looks like beavertail insert should help with slide bites. Also cut piece of shrink rubber to add a little more grip. I think it meant for tennis rackets.
If doesn’t work will look into hogue grip

Btw, if someone wants to replace slide with no LCI one I have it listed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0991.webp
    IMG_0991.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1004.webp
    IMG_1004.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 18
I shot my non-comp for the first time today.

The magazine springs were quite stiff, but I managed to get all 10 rounds in.

It definitely punches above its weight, handling like my M&P 2.0 compact. Recoil feels a little snappy, but is very manageable for a pocket pistol.

Accuracy is very good. I think I shot several rounds through the same hole, and I definitely shot tight groups.

Even with smaller hands and pudgy fingers, it does feel a bit small, but isn’t a dealbreaker. Small hands definitely reduce the chances of slide bite.

If you like the size, and you’re ok adding .380 to your arsenal, go for it.
 
So his concern is that when you move the safety towards the off position, the safety comes off?

Seems like the safety works as designed to me. It’s not easy to move, and it’s not protruding at all. Sure, if you carry condition 1 in a pocket full of keys, change and other junk, without a holster, bad things can happen. But that’s true of any gun.

If I had to pocket carry without a holster, its condition 3 every time.
 
So his concern is that when you move the safety towards the off position, the safety comes off?

Seems like the safety works as designed to me. It’s not easy to move, and it’s not protruding at all. Sure, if you carry condition 1 in a pocket full of keys, change and other junk, without a holster, bad things can happen. But that’s true of any gun.

If I had to pocket carry without a holster, its condition 3 every time.
He says he has absolutely no use for that manual safety. He bought it only because there was no other alternative, but it doesn't operate the way he’d like. Well, don't buy one with a manual safety if you're afraid to remove it. What's the problem? 🤷‍♂️
 
No, that’s not what he’s talking about at all…
I just rewatched it again, his concern is that when the safety is 30-40% moved towards “off” the gun is capable of firing.

Please explain what I missed. I’ve got about 400 rounds through my BG 2.0, it’s working perfectly. If there’s a problem, I want to know what it is.
 
I just rewatched it again, his concern is that when the safety is 30-40% moved towards “off” the gun is capable of firing.

Please explain what I missed. I’ve got about 400 rounds through my BG 2.0, it’s working perfectly. If there’s a problem, I want to know what it is.
I think its more like 80-90%, I’ll mess with mine later
 
He says he has absolutely no use for that manual safety. He bought it only because there was no other alternative, but it doesn't operate the way he’d like. Well, don't buy one with a manual safety if you're afraid to remove it. What's the problem? 🤷‍♂️
We posted at about the same time..

Yes, I heard his opinion on the safety being there, but that’s not an option in CA, our tyrannical government made that choice for us.
 
I think its more like 80-90%, I’ll mess with mine later
You could be right, I’ll check mine out too. But what I was thinking the concern was is the effort to move the safety towards “off” actually shut it off, and I think that’s perfect.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom