18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Request When do you commit to an item?

Should we implement “I’ll take it” to allow for neutral FB if they ghost?

  • Yes

    Votes: 43 70.5%
  • No

    Votes: 18 29.5%

  • Total voters
    61
I feel like anyone voting against this just wants the freedom to ghost people on their purchases. If you never ghost a seller, then there is literally no effect whatsoever on your posts, your account, or your life.

To be so vocal about how you're against this feature that does nothing but help other sellers identify potentially problematic buyers is just telling on yourselves.
I'm only defending the freedom to change one's mind without ghosting, as in keeping the other party apprised before time is wasted and ideally before the ad is removed. This is what reasonable adults do.

There is no excuse for ghosting without serious justification, e.g., a traffic accident that leaves one unable to comm via DM or text.
 
I'm only defending the freedom to change one's mind without ghosting, as in keeping the other party apprised before time is wasted and ideally before the ad is removed. This is what reasonable adults do.

There is no excuse for ghosting without serious justification, e.g., a traffic accident that leaves one unable to comm via DM or text.
I mean...Ikeo explicitly states this is for buyers who ghost. It has nothing to do with people who change their minds and notify the seller.

So why would you feel the need to defend conduct that isn't targeted by this change?
 
I mean...Ikeo explicitly states this is for buyers who ghost. It has nothing to do with people who change their minds and notify the seller.

So why would you feel the need to defend conduct that isn't targeted by this change?
I think you are correct, but Ikeo did ask for feedback. Having the neutral feedback is fine, we all have the choice not to use it if we feel not warranted.

Can a seller get neutral feedback for ghosting after the “I’ll Take It” or selling to someone else after the I take it. I had two of those on the “L” site after I posted the first I’ll take it AND sent PM with contact info. Seller PM back “sorry dude someone offered more” on one and “sorry dude someone PM’d me before you ( meaning someone offered more). Lol
 
I think you are correct, but Ikeo did ask for feedback. Having the neutral feedback is fine, we all have the choice not to use it if we feel not warranted.

Can a seller get neutral feedback for ghosting after the “I’ll Take It” or selling to someone else after the I take it. I had two of those on the “L” site after I posted the first I’ll take it AND sent PM with contact info. Seller PM back “sorry dude someone offered more” on one and “sorry dude someone PM’d me before you ( meaning someone offered more). Lol
Good point, maybe if they said “it’s yours” but usually there is a line
 
I'm only defending the freedom to change one's mind without ghosting, as in keeping the other party apprised before time is wasted and ideally before the ad is removed. This is what reasonable adults do.

There is no excuse for ghosting without serious justification, e.g., a traffic accident that leaves one unable to comm via DM or text.
I agree… And as a seller who has been let down by a buyer literally an hour before meetup, I still agree. I don’t lose anything by the buyer bailing. The fact that so many people take offense to someone backing out is childish.

I have a very tight schedule. If someone says they’ll take it, but can’t fit in my schedule, I’m not going to hold it against them. And same for the other way around.

Stop being a child and grow TF up. 💩 happens, people change their minds. If you didn’t lose anything (besides your feelings getting hurt) there shouldn’t be any negative feedback, or neutral for that matter. And before the oh you just want the excuse blah blah. Check my feedback here and the “L” in my signature. Only negative feedback I ever received was because schedules couldn’t align and the whiny B couldn’t accept the fact that I wouldn’t drive 2 hours 2x for a PPT in the middle of a work day. I don’t want it that bad.
 
I agree… And as a seller who has been let down by a buyer literally an hour before meetup, I still agree. I don’t lose anything by the buyer bailing. The fact that so many people take offense to someone backing out is childish.

I have a very tight schedule. If someone says they’ll take it, but can’t fit in my schedule, I’m not going to hold it against them. And same for the other way around.

Stop being a child and grow TF up. 💩 happens, people change their minds. If you didn’t lose anything (besides your feelings getting hurt) there shouldn’t be any negative feedback, or neutral for that matter. And before the oh you just want the excuse blah blah. Check my feedback here and the “L” in my signature. Only negative feedback I ever received was because schedules couldn’t align and the whiny B couldn’t accept the fact that I wouldn’t drive 2 hours 2x for a PPT in the middle of a work day. I don’t want it that bad.
You sure are getting worked up for someone who clearly has no understanding of what's being discussed.
 
You sure are getting worked up for someone who clearly has no understanding of what's being discussed.
Not worked up at all. I just see non stop threads of people motherless 🐐in about buyers flaking. Does it suck? Yeah! But like I said, move on! I never mark an item SPF. Unless funds are in the mail. On a PPT, I always have backups at the ready and am completely transparent with this
 
Not worked up at all. I just see non stop threads of people motherless 🐐in about buyers flaking. Does it suck? Yeah! But like I said, move on! I never mark an item SPF. Unless funds are in the mail. On a PPT, I always have backups at the ready and am completely transparent with this
You know it’s optional right? You don’t have to leave a neutral. A lot of people hold it for someone then get flaked on and lose out all together. I think some accountability is good
 
You know it’s optional right? You don’t have to leave a neutral. A lot of people hold it for someone then get flaked on and lose out all together. I think some accountability is good
Yep. Completely understand it. I don’t think it should be implemented though. But just my 2¢
 
A lot of people hold it for someone then get flaked on and lose out all together

I bet a lot more (aka the vast majority) of the people that hold something for someone, complete a successful transaction.
 
I bet a lot more (aka the vast majority) of the people that hold something for someone, complete a successful transaction.
i think that goes without saying. This is just another evolution of it. Taking some input to get consensus.

That doesn’t change the fact that there’s more reports and Im trying to streamline it with very straightforward and easy to understand changes.

We have ~6 mods now and still have a lot of reports between feedback and reports. The number of users keeps doubling faster and faster. I don’t want a lot of gripes so it should just be easy to say ok or not. You can negotiate with the other person. My goal is just to reduce the time mods spend on this which is becoming the majority of time for a growing number of users. If it wasn’t an issue, this wouldn’t be a question.
 
His were removed too . Quit taking things so personal and contribute to the topic
🤣🤣🤣 yet another waste of mod and admin time. Why anyone would go to a mod over a post on a forum would be bewildering, if people weren't so ridiculous to begin with. 🙄😆🤣
 
^^^^^ EXACTLY ^^^^^

I want the Mods to focus on keeping the site (1) running, (2) within legal bounds, and (3) a cordial place to post and share ideas. I don't want or need them to be the keepers of reviews for buyers and sellers. As @BobGBA mentioned you can tell from communication when some is either a novice buyer or a poor communicator (or both) as either Buyer or Seller.
Heck, even #2 could go away. Henry David Thoreau would be ashamed at the lack of civil disobedience around civil rights today.
 
While I like the idea, sometimes life does happen even with the best of intentions. A financial emergency can come up or an angry spouse or you realize you’re short on rent. Regardless of the situation, maybe have a way to notate it after it becomes a common reoccurrence with someone instead of black eye that could follow you
A PM or thread post saying you were flaking would cover that. Just disappearing and leaving the seller hanging should come with public shaming.
 
I mean...Ikeo explicitly states this is for buyers who ghost. It has nothing to do with people who change their minds and notify the seller.

So why would you feel the need to defend conduct that isn't targeted by this change?
This thread has been about people saying "I'll take it" in DMs and then changing their minds, or that's what I am talking about. What does ghosting mean to you?
 
You sure are getting worked up for someone who clearly has no understanding of what's being discussed.
Please state succinctly what you think ghosting means. I think your idea of ghosting isn't how others define it.

There is no Universe in which sane people are defending ghosting, as in making arrangements and not showing up. Saying "I'll take it" and changing your mind before any real meeting plans are in place is not ghosting. That's called changing your mind but letting the other party know in advance.
 
Sounds like a typical Cali rule/law.

I’ll take it. And then something like a family emergency happens and I’m still on the hook. Or else have all the die hards on here rip me and ban me. Even if it not a family emergency. As long as you clearly communicate I made a mistake and cannot purchase it anymore should not be a big deal.

If you make plans to buy and then completely ghost the scheduled meetup then sure. But a simple I’ll take it does not warrant anything.
 
I’ve only bought a couple things on calguns. A Glock 20 and some reloading supplies here or there.

The g20 I kept eyeing it and then after a couple beers replied and dm with I’ll take it.said can meet up asap if needed or when his sch works.

I like to keep my word and not flake even if next day I rethink. IMO once I commit I prefer to stick to the deal. I hate flakes and ones who commit then show up wanting to offer you a fraction of the price and intended to do so the whole time. If you are a known buyer who commits I’m more
Likely to hold an item vs first with cash gets it.
 
Please state succinctly what you think ghosting means. I think your idea of ghosting isn't how others define it.

There is no Universe in which sane people are defending ghosting, as in making arrangements and not showing up. Saying "I'll take it" and changing your mind before any real meeting plans are in place is not ghosting. That's called changing your mind but letting the other party know in advance.
The fact that you need ghosting explained says a lot about you. It's very clear in the OP from Ikeo. If you commit to buy it and then drop off the face of the earth, other sellers should know you're an 🐚.

Changing your mind isn't ghosting, as long as you let the seller know you've changed your mind. Plenty of dudes in here that seem to have no problem with being 🐚s or doormats, and I feel sorry for you.

The fact that you can be opposed to this voluntary system just tells me you have no problem committing to a purchase and then changing your mind without notifying the seller, and you just don't want to be called out for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom